• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
That TR dont meet with their old pokemon like Inkay
BW screwed the entire anime's continuity up when they followed the games with the no pre-BW Pokemon and 'reboot ' feeling. Ever since then it's felt like a completely different anime compared to the OS-DP series.

Luthor

That TR dont meet with their old pokemon like Inkay

I think they should have stored them all in single place that way they could bring back any non-released one if it is useful for a story. Say store them all as James's Grandparents house or something and that way you could have them interacting with each other.

In related thing I was never a fan of Team Rocket giving away their Unova team which has some members that I liked and wanted to see them explored more.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
BW screwed the entire anime's continuity up when they followed the games with the no pre-BW Pokemon and 'reboot ' feeling. Ever since then it's felt like a completely different anime compared to the OS-DP series.
That reminds me all of Ash's Alolan Pokemon were left behind on Alola. Some of his strongest are there like Incineroar. As for Rotomdex... good riddance. I don't want to see him again.

Luthor

That reminds me all of Ash's Alolan Pokemon were left behind on Alola. Some of his strongest are there like Incineroar. As for Rotomdex... good riddance. I don't want to see him again.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rotom again but I'd have had it decide to be a regular Rotom rather than working with the Aether foundation. Could have been fun for Ash to have all the forms of Rotom as options.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
It doesn't necessarily grind my gears, but I can't believe people are still complaining about Sword & Shield.

It's been nearly two years and I'm seeing posts on Instagram about how Junichi Masuda didn't show up to E3 this year because he's too ashamed from the backlash before. Girl bye! :rolleyes:

The kicker is none of these folks have even touched the game. They're just staying mad for no reason. Que pena. lol

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
It doesn't necessarily grind my gears, but I can't believe people are still complaining about Sword & Shield.

It's been nearly two years and I'm seeing posts on Instagram about how Junichi Masuda didn't show up to E3 this year because he's too ashamed from the backlash before. Girl bye! :rolleyes:

The kicker is none of these folks have even touched the game. They're just staying mad for no reason. Que pena. lol
I agree. These people are too upset that there’s no National Dex which in the long run would actually take completionists ages to complete the Dex.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

I hate it when people compare Pokemon Sword/Shield with another title and mention that Pokemon is a billion dollar franchise.
When will people learn that the amount of money a company makes does not equate to the graphical fidelity.

I mention this with Mario. It is a big franchise, but do we expect it to look as good as Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I hate it when people compare Pokemon Sword/Shield with another title and mention that Pokemon is a billion dollar franchise.
When will people learn that the amount of money a company makes does not equate to the graphical fidelity.

I mention this with Mario. It is a big franchise, but do we expect it to look as good as Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

It would be nice if people took the time to learn where that billions of dollars go, because most of it isn't going to Game Freak.

The Pokémon Company itself only operates at a standard budget of $250 million USD a year, and they independently accumulate far more money through merchandise and anime/film sales than Game Freak does through main series games. While their gross revenue in 2020 was over $1.1 billion USD, their net profit was only $170 million USD. This means 84.6% of their revenue went towards covering debts.

THAT is where those billions are going.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army

I agree. Pokémon is its own thing and has a certain ascetic to it and people need to understand that. Of course Pokémon doesn’t have Xenoblade graphics because it’s not Xenoblade! Just because one game has amazing graphics doesn’t mean every other game out there must copy it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The difficulty in finding Clamperl in Pokemon Go. I wouldn't mind it too much if you could determine which Pokemon it would evolve into, but no. I have to hold every Clamperl I have in the hope the odds are once I travel enough/get enough rare candies it'll be the evolution I don't have

Luthor

The fact that the anime really can't decide whether or not trading is needed to evolve trade pokemon. Sometimes you need a trade machine and sometimes you don't. Which would be bad but I wouldn't mind as much if it was just something that was due to changes due to how long the anime has been going but the Journey's anime has an inconsistency within the same series where a Milotic evolved by Prism scale (rather than beauty otherwise the scale wouldn't be needed) which didn't need a trade machine but Go's Scyther needed a trade machine to evolve. If I remember correctly there was only 25 episodes between these two evolutions. Not the worse thing I know but such an easy one to avoid.

Pokefan_1987

The difficulty in finding Clamperl in Pokemon Go. I wouldn't mind it too much if you could determine which Pokemon it would evolve into, but no. I have to hold every Clamperl I have in the hope the odds are once I travel enough/get enough rare candies it'll be the evolution I don't have
That is annoying at least the eeveelutions can be predicted with nicknames from the anime like Sparky=Jolteon and special modules.

Still it reminds me of the wurmple, in the main games. It is supposed to be at 50% the right one...but Silcoon=Beautifly seems to be far more common than getting Cascoon=Dustox for completion.

Last edited:

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Strange i just got one in a egg yesterday. However i have never found any of the newest gimmicks like Magnetic Lure Module to evolve creatures like Nosepass. Sinnoh/Unova stones are also really obscure when you have enough candies.
I get tons of Sinnoh stones in GBL if you win 3 out of 5 battles.

Pokefan_1987

I get tons of Sinnoh stones in GBL if you win 3 out of 5 battles.
I'm limited to team rocket battles and spinning stops. Most raids aren't popular in my area and my strongest in a are 2200-2600 CP's so i'm badly outclassed.

Teravolt

I'm limited to team rocket battles and spinning stops. Most raids aren't popular in my area and my strongest in a are 2200-2600 CP's so i'm badly outclassed.
No, the Go Battle League. You can do it when you press the Battle button.

Teravolt

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That is annoying at least the eeveelutions can be predicted with nicknames from the anime like Sparky=Jolteon and special modules.

Still it reminds me of the wurmple, in the main games. It is supposed to be at 50% the right one...but Silcoon=Beautifly seems to be far more common than getting Cascoon=Dustox for completion.
Wurmple is annoying when it comes to evolving in any game, but at least it's common in both whatever game it appears in and GO

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
At this point, I've given up on the shiny Pokemon raids they do every now and then. The Eiscue one was the last straw for me. I wasted every resource I had access to and still didn't get it. I spent the entire weekend trying and it all ended up wasted on nothing. I got so frustrated that I've decided not to bother with these again.

Even though the chances are 2%, it feels like it's lower and let me explain why. You are not guaranteed to find the Pokemon you're after, which means you still have to get lucky with the spawn and THEN it's 2% when the spawn does show up. Unless you have friends to help you or somehow get lucky joining a random raid, then this is frustratingly more difficult.

And while you can keep the raid if you choose not to go online, this means you cannot get help and must do it yourself, because going online doing anything will always put in the current event instead of the one you're trying to save. You will have to solo raids to try for it and that's most of the time frustrating in itself.

I personally don't think these events are worth it to me anymore. I am not going to stress myself over looking for something I likely won't get.