• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
How easy Kalos was. I didn't even use an EXP share. It was just plain easy. I thought I was showing my age with how easy it was, but no, it was just plain easy game design. I found the older games harder than Kalos. Even SM/USUM were harder.

I'm not gonna lie, I was too busy having fun to ever notice. lol

However, I will say the Elite Four was terribly easy. I was wildly disappointed by how quickly I went through them.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I'm not gonna lie, I was too busy having fun to ever notice. lol

However, I will say the Elite Four was terribly easy. I was wildly disappointed by how quickly I went through them.

I agree, i can easily beat through Pokemon X's E4 half asleep at this point them with this setup...The remaining 3 slots usually go to whatever i need to evolve the most.

Greninja lvl 100
Surf
Water Shuriken (Wikstrom's Probopass)
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam

Xerneas lvl 100
Dazzling Gleam
Moon Blast
Night Slash
Thunderbolt (For Siebold's Gyarados)

Charizard X lvl 100
Flamethrower
Fire Pledge
Dragon Claw
Fly

Omega Ruby and Ultra Sun do require better thinking though and use a few full restores after battles.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I agree, i can easily beat through Pokemon X's E4 half asleep at this point them with this setup...The remaining 3 slots usually go to whatever i need to evolve the most.

Greninja lvl 100
Surf
Water Shuriken (Wikstrom's Probopass)
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam

Xerneas lvl 100
Dazzling Gleam
Moon Blast
Night Slash
Thunderbolt (For Siebold's Gyarados)

Charizard X lvl 100
Flamethrower
Fire Pledge
Dragon Claw
Fly

Omega Ruby and Ultra Sun do require better thinking though and use a few full restores after battles.

Alright, stop. lol

All of those pokemon are at Lv. 100. Of course it's going to be easy! Most of my team was below Lv. 65, and we bodied everyone, including Diantha.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Still you have to be careful even Barbaracle with X-Scissor can critically injure Greninja if you forgot about bug weakness.

That Barbaracle got whipped by my Venusaur in one turn. lol

The only pokemon I actually had trouble with was Drasna's Dragalge, because my Florges couldn't counter it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I have to admit that I never really liked any of the Battle Towers/Tree apart from the ones found in BW2 in Black City and White Forest since they were easier to deal with and the ultimate reward for completing them was totally worth the effort. Crystal’s was very interesting for me that I literally never visited after going there once, Hoenn was too tedious, Kanto was infuriating because the NPCs would have Shines that you couldn’t never get and it was like they were all taunting you, I didn’t like how Sinnoh’s reset after you lost, and Kalos and Alola took too long to gain BP. I haven’t even been bothered to try to challenge Rose Tower.

Pokefan_1987

Most of the moves have been purchased. Took me a total of 400.000 pokedollars.

Only these TM's (that you can carry remain) But i only have 30 out of 350 BP points. Still i need to level up a team so i don't get wiped out early. It seems like Battle Maison Trainers in triple battles eventually know how to counter all of your moves.

Does anyone else think the Maison use a learning AI ?

Luthor

In Gen 1 when you had to manually store TM's in the item box. As I didn't organise them well it took ages to find the right TM even if I knew the number. Partially my fault I'll admit but still I'm glad they got rid of the need to do that.

Pokefan_1987

In Gen 1 when you had to manually store TM's in the item box. As I didn't organise them well it took ages to find the right TM even if I knew the number. Partially my fault I'll admit but still I'm glad they got rid of the need to do that.
But it took them until 5th generation to give players permanently re-usable TM's. And Then in Gen 8 they made a **** decision and turned a lot of moves into TR (Technical Records)
You can own several of them but each one breaks like a one time use in the first 4 generations. And the only way to find more is in raids and you have hope you find a raid with the element you need and even then you might not get any TR moves in your rewards.
It's so infuriating they went back to making many moves a one time use.

Luthor

But it took them until 5th generation to give players permanently re-usable TM's. And Then in Gen 8 they made a **** decision and turned a lot of moves into TR (Technical Records)
You can own several of them but each one breaks like a one time use in the first 4 generations. And the only way to find more is in raids and you have hope you find a raid with the element you need and even then you might not get any TR moves in your rewards.

I don't inherently mind 1 time use as long as its not too hard to get replacements. That being said having some mainly behind max raid battles can be very annoying. Took me absolutely ages to get certain TRs especially when there's a max raid event on. Also as I have to rely on the in-game trainers that can drag the whole process out.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I have to admit that I never really liked any of the Battle Towers/Tree apart from the ones found in BW2 in Black City and White Forest since they were easier to deal with and the ultimate reward for completing them was totally worth the effort. Crystal’s was very interesting for me that I literally never visited after going there once, Hoenn was too tedious, Kanto was infuriating because the NPCs would have Shines that you couldn’t never get and it was like they were all taunting you, I didn’t like how Sinnoh’s reset after you lost, and Kalos and Alola took too long to gain BP. I haven’t even been bothered to try to challenge Rose Tower.
The Battle Tower in Galar is the easiest one yet. You're allowed to use Dynamax/Gigantamax every battle, but Leon is the only opponent who will actually use it against you. You're also given pre-made teams that are actually very good to use against them. The only downside is that the BP rewards are slower than Alola's Battle Tree, but it's still way faster than anything up to Generation V.

Where they REALLY take it out on you are the Restricted Battles at the Master Dojo in Isle of Armor. The more of them you clear, the faster they start throwing teams advantageous against the type you select.

If you need any TRs to use, I can give them to you. I always have at least 10 of every TR, and I just replenish my wallet by selling off the ones I don't need, as some of them are worth a lot. (The ones for stuff like Hydro Pump and Gunk Shot sell for 8,000 each, for instance.) I don't consider them being one-time use as that big a hindrance, as I enjoy Max Raid Battles and I've played literally thousands of them, so I actually have quite a surplus.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The Battle Tower in Galar is the easiest one yet. You're allowed to use Dynamax/Gigantamax every battle, but Leon is the only opponent who will actually use it against you. You're also given pre-made teams that are actually very good to use against them. The only downside is that the BP rewards are slower than Alola's Battle Tree, but it's still way faster than anything up to Generation V.

Where they REALLY take it out on you are the Restricted Battles at the Master Dojo in Isle of Armor. The more of them you clear, the faster they start throwing teams advantageous against the type you select.

If you need any TRs to use, I can give them to you. I always have at least 10 of every TR, and I just replenish my wallet by selling off the ones I don't need, as some of them are worth a lot. (The ones for stuff like Hydro Pump and Gunk Shot sell for 8,000 each, for instance.) I don't consider them being one-time use as that big a hindrance, as I enjoy Max Raid Battles and I've played literally thousands of them, so I actually have quite a surplus.
Other Trainers do Dynamax in the Battle Tower they’re just very rare. I can’t find any listings on Serebii but Bulbapedia has a few listed. I don’t know if it’s more common the higher your rank but I know for sure it does exist

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Whenever I do max raids, to an extent I don't care if people used hacked Pokemon, but please don't make it flipping obvious.

I saw one Pokemon named after the Pokegen for example. Way to not raise suspicion.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Wonder Guard not protecting against any indirect damage. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that Shedinja literally cannot afford any injury. Isn't it being one shot by almost a third of the types in the game enough of a balance for the ability?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
That isn’t the point to what I’m saying. I don’t want people to use obvious hacks.
You might not want to, but you won't be able to stop them.

For the record, I think most of the people who use obviously hacked Pokémon don't know or don't care that they're hacked. For them, it's a shiny new toy they just got from some cool person who will give them whatever they want, no effort required. The nickname is like a new toy's brand name.

(And Fred Garvin's point is that the people who want to use these Pokémon don't have much of a choice. The hacked Pokémon given to them in exchange for paying the fees will have these nicknames. The hackers intentionally do it to drum up publicity when they're used online and curious raid teammates and online battle opponents see them and might be interested. It's their way of saying, "If you want a shiny rare Pokémon like this one, come here to get them!" And it works often enough that they can pay the bills through these fees alone.)

MrJechgo

I'm surprised that we didn't get a Super Sentai / Kamen Rider / Ultraman / Power Rangers inspired trainer or Pokémon yet, when kaijus were used as references... I could see a Sentai trainer using Fighting types, with an equally-inspired villain using Dark types, like Brycenman XD