• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The fact that each game doesn't have enough spare evolution stones including shiny stones. The Inverted battles aren't reliable as a alternate means of getting more since the rewards are random and might not be even be the right stone.
This means trying to go for full national dex is tough when several pokemon share the same type of stone such as moon stone, sun stone and shiny stone. Ultra Sun is mildly better at this since you can send your pokemon on a hunt for stones.

Also certain routes are guilty of sharing too many pokemon on it. Skiddo is only on a single route one in Gen 6 that shares the "Purple Flower Patch" with 9 other pokemon. And it didn't want to show up. Had to trade for one.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
this

more seriously: there's a major problem with type distribution in a lot of the pokemon games. most notable is how bad sinnoh is with fire types even after the platinum upgrade, but a lot of the others introduce you to more variety at somewhat of a trickle and it bothers me because i like having options. weighing between rattata and furret is not options unless super fang is locked behind level, like, 50 or something (although honestly super fang still comes pretty dang late even as it is. good on LGPE putting it at level 15)
The fact that each game doesn't have enough spare evolution stones including shiny stones. The Inverted battles aren't reliable as a alternate means of getting more since the rewards are random and might not be even be the right stone.
This means trying to go for full national dex is tough when several pokemon share the same type of stone such as moon stone, sun stone and shiny stone. Ultra Sun is mildly better at this since you can send your pokemon on a hunt for stones.

Also certain routes are guilty of sharing too many pokemon on it. Skiddo is only on a single route one in Gen 6 that shares the "Purple Flower Patch" with 9 other pokemon. And it didn't want to show up. Had to trade for one.
Thankfully, newer games have been getting good about picking up many evolutionary stones again. In SwSh, once you can access Lake of Outrage, it's just a matter of coming back every now and then in IRL days and getting them for free. Gen 1 had it right, where you could buy most of them, and then they messed with that for later games, for some reason. (Okay, sure, Moon Stones were still a problem, but if you scoured properly you could get 5 of them in a playthrough.)

The second point... is definitely something that's stayed the course and it's a huge pain in the ass. I understand having some mons that are rare for the sake of it (Chansey, for example), but having some things that are potentially useful on garbage chances that AREN'T just evolutions of prior mons can be a pain. Remember Pikachu in Red/Blue (unless you went to the Power Plant, which you couldn't do without defeating Misty)? Yes, what I want to do is sift through the grasses of Viridian Forest for hours trying to find the second most famous rat in the world just so I can taze a couple of fish. I mean, yeah, eventually I can get another electric-type that's probably as good or better, and might even not charge me a fee to evolve, but even so, it's irritating. Skiddo is a pretty solid pokemon, especially once evolved to Gogoat where it becomes a physical powerhouse with a chunky HP stat, so making it such a pain to get really hurts. (Thankfully the encounter rate on Skiddo is 30%, at least...)

Pokefan_1987

this

The second point... is definitely something that's stayed the course and it's a huge pain in the ass. I understand having some mons that are rare for the sake of it (Chansey, for example), but having some things that are potentially useful on garbage chances that AREN'T just evolutions of prior mons can be a pain. Remember Pikachu in Red/Blue (unless you went to the Power Plant, which you couldn't do without defeating Misty)? Yes, what I want to do is sift through the grasses of Viridian Forest for hours trying to find the second most famous rat in the world just so I can taze a couple of fish. I mean, yeah, eventually I can get another electric-type that's probably as good or better, and might even not charge me a fee to evolve, but even so, it's irritating. Skiddo is a pretty solid pokemon, especially once evolved to Gogoat where it becomes a physical powerhouse with a chunky HP stat, so making it such a pain to get really hurts. (Thankfully the encounter rate on Skiddo is 30%, at least...)
Seems like a really bad 30% Skiddo never appeared. I wonder if it only appears at night? Thats what happened when i went searching for a Gulpin after dinner that same day and he was the first encounter after i got there.

Yes the Stonehenge located on the island in Lake of Outrage is overpowered because of respawning stones.

Pokefan_1987

That Meowth is the Pokemon they decided to give multiple forms to. I just find it so ugly and unappealing, and the same is true for both of it's regional forms.
I don't mind most of them. Galarian Perrserker actually looks great. But poor Alolan Persian's face is just really AWFUL as if its face is permanently stuffed with food like a squirrel.

I'm even more sick of him in the anime too. That loudmouth cat and team rocket have long outstayed their welcome.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Gen 6 having no love where almsot every gen 1 Pokemon has a gimmick( regional forms, megas etc). Some even have several ones.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Yeah I really hope Gen 9 will give some Gen 6 Pokemon regional forms.

One idea I could picture would be a Fairy/Dark or Psychic/Dark form of Zebstrika
That would be cool, but Zebstrika is a Unova mon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don't mind most of them. Galarian Perrserker actually looks great. But poor Alolan Persian's face is just really AWFUL as if its face is permanently stuffed with food like a squirrel.

I'm even more sick of him in the anime too. That loudmouth cat and team rocket have long outstayed their welcome.
Alolan Meowth I think is good. Galarian Meowth just looks off. Perrserker is a pretty decent Pokémon in design though. Alolan Persian looks a bit unfortunate in the head region.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
But Alolan Meowth is literally just a purple Meowth with half-closed eyes, and it's not even a nice shade of purple
And Alolan Diglett is just a Diglett with three hairs. Regional forms don’t have to be dramatically different looking to be different forms. I just like how Alolan Meowth looks.

Teravolt

Pokefan_1987

periwinkle gray
It's still a ugly color and design wise as well. Maybe they were going for a Russian Blue style cat. I'm glad Litten burned it's ugly fur ass twice in the episode it was in

As for what i experienced recently. I was playing a few Battle Royal rounds in Ultra Sun and what i learned that the AI will always have at least one player with a mon that can survive most of your moves with a tank like a Swampert or has at least one on their team like a that has a perfect move for one of your weaknesses.
I barely won a few times but the AI also sometimes gets a lucky attack by being faster and steals a kill (K.O.)

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
No Gen 1 Pokemon being retyped as part or now Dark in Gen 2. Dark types are hard to come by in the original Gen II games anyway and Steel type at least got a representation. Surely there were Gen 1 Pokemon that could've benefited from the type. Looking at you Drowzee

Teravolt

It's still a ugly color and design wise as well. Maybe they were going for a Russian Blue style cat. I'm glad Litten burned it's ugly fur ass twice in the episode it was in

As for what i experienced recently. I was playing a few Battle Royal rounds in Ultra Sun and what i learned that the AI will always have at least one player with a mon that can survive most of your moves with a tank like a Swampert or has at least one on their team like a that has a perfect move for one of your weaknesses.
I barely won a few times but the AI also sometimes gets a lucky attack by being faster and steals a kill (K.O.)
i love litten tho
it’s my second favorite starter

I do agree that Alolan Meowth and Alolan Persian are hideous.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
No Gen 1 Pokemon being retyped as part or now Dark in Gen 2. Dark types are hard to come by in the original Gen II games anyway and Steel type at least got a representation. Surely there were Gen 1 Pokemon that could've benefited from the type. Looking at you Drowzee
Drowzee having a 4x weakness to Bug types starting with Gen 2 would be bad. Volcarona, Galvantula, Beedrill, Scolipede, Escavalier, Armaldo, Crustle, Heracross, Butterfree, Orbeetle, Centiskorch and Accelgor all say hello.

Pokefan_1987

i love litten tho
it’s my second favorite starter

I do agree that Alolan Meowth and Alolan Persian are hideous.
I feel exactly same way... Litten was my Alola Starter that i received in Pokemon Sword when it was compatible. Later when i got my 3DS (Late buyer) and Pokemon Ultra Sun i used Litten inmediately.
Eventually adding the other Alolan starters into my adventure. But Litten/Torracat/Incineroar has pulled me through many tough battles alongside Greninja.