• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
From what it looks like according to Serebii, it will grind my gears that they can't be bothered to put THE Shadow Lugia in Pokemon GO. Didn't James Turner design the thing, and isn't he still with TPCi? I kind of doubt Genius Sonority has a legal stranglehold over its use.
Wouldn't matter if they did, anyway, because of this:

"Genius Sonority began operations in July 2001, for the original purpose of developing Pokémon games for home consoles and was officially incorporated in June 2002, with funding provided by Nintendo president Hiroshi Yamauchi’s Q Fund, a cash reserve used for Nintendo game company start-ups.[2] Current shareholders of the company include Yamana Satoru, Nintendo, and The Pokémon Company.[1]"

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
It’s annoying that people always claim that Trip’s Snivy is Level 5 when Levels mean jacksh*t in the anime.
And who says that it was still level 5 when he battled Ash? Just because Trip had Snivy not that long at that point doesn’t mean he didn’t battle anyone else or any wild Pokémon where Snivy got stronger. I mean most of us have our starters at least level 7 by the time we reach the first town after getting access to Pokéballs which is about twenty minutes on average.

Morax

King of heroes
I’ll never understand why pokegirls are put on such a high pedestal in the anime fandom. They are literally just eye candies created for young boys to get a hard on, it doesn’t matter how well written they are or how much chemistry they have. Waifuwars are ****ing stupid.

Luthor

The fact that Unova Stunfisk still has limber as its ability despite the fact that gen 6 made it impossible to paralyse an electric type (I know there are moves like soak that can make it work but those are at best situational). Even before gen 6 it was very hard to do so given it was immune to electric moves already (leaving only moves like body slam) and given how slow Stunfisk is already at best its not that useful (beyond occasionally stopping it from attacking). I think replacing limber with a more useful ability would really help it.

Captain Jigglypuff

The fact that Unova Stunfisk still has limber as its ability despite the fact that gen 6 made it impossible to paralyse an electric type (I know there are moves like soak that can make it work but those are at best situational). Even before gen 6 it was very hard to do so given it was immune to electric moves already (leaving only moves like body slam) and given how slow Stunfisk is already at best its not that useful (beyond occasionally stopping it from attacking). I think replacing limber with a more useful ability would really help it.
I think either Lightning Rod or Water Absorb could work as both would increase Stats and Water Absorb would negate the Water Weakness which makes sense as it does live in water and not seem to be hurt by it despite the Ground typing.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It’s annoying that people always claim that Trip’s Snivy is Level 5 when Levels mean jacksh*t in the anime.
More importantly, Pikachu had just gotten hit by a ridiculously powerful attack from Zekrom, and it was basically constantly in a state of hitting itself with Electric moves.

Captain Jigglypuff

More importantly, Pikachu had just gotten hit by a ridiculously powerful attack from Zekrom, and it was basically constantly in a state of hitting itself with Electric moves.
That’s what people seem to forget. Pikachu wasn’t in its best condition and something was noticeably wrong with it. Its condition is very similar to the time it got sick on the way to Hoenn only in reverse where it couldn’t use any Electric attacks as if it ran out of electricity to use which shouldn’t be possible given Pikachu’s biology and it also retained its friendly nature. Zekrom is a Legendary for a reason and being hit by any Legendary is going to cause some sort of damage. Pikachu was just lucky it was an Electric type and could handle electric strikes and shocks aimed at it a bit more than the average Electric Pokémon and wasn’t instantly KO which would most likely to happen if it were an Ampharos or even Electabuzz get hit by Zekrom. Pikachu was able to take the hit a bit less harshly than other Pokémon since it had faced off with a Darkrai and Latios shortly before going to Unova.

Luthor

I think either Lightning Rod or Water Absorb could work as both would increase Stats and Water Absorb would negate the Water Weakness which makes sense as it does live in water and not seem to be hurt by it despite the Ground typing.

Both absolutely could work. I personally quite like your explanation behind water absorb so I'd go with that.

That’s what people seem to forget. Pikachu wasn’t in its best condition and something was noticeably wrong with it. Its condition is very similar to the time it got sick on the way to Hoenn only in reverse where it couldn’t use any Electric attacks as if it ran out of electricity to use which shouldn’t be possible given Pikachu’s biology and it also retained its friendly nature. Zekrom is a Legendary for a reason and being hit by any Legendary is going to cause some sort of damage. Pikachu was just lucky it was an Electric type and could handle electric strikes and shocks aimed at it a bit more than the average Electric Pokémon and wasn’t instantly KO which would most likely to happen if it were an Ampharos or even Electabuzz get hit by Zekrom. Pikachu was able to take the hit a bit less harshly than other Pokémon since it had faced off with a Darkrai and Latios shortly before going to Unova.

Also Ash rushed into that battle (which I get is standard for Ash) , despite knowing Pikachu had been hit by a massive amount of electricity. Even though it seemed to be ok it would have been sensible to rest Pikachu from battling for the day or at least test out to make sure its ready for battle in a training session given it was never going to be at 100% after that.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't mind that Satoshi (Ash) lost to Shooti (Trip), but Pikachu was still able to use Quick Attack and Iron Tail in the battle against Tsutarja (Snivy), and the former move actually landed and inflicted some damage. So I've never understood why Pikachu's temporary lack of electricity is used by the fandom to excuse the fact that Pikachu still lost to a relatively inexperienced Starter Pokemon despite having half his arsenal of moves intact.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Should've probably done this a lot sooner but the ammount of fossils in a X and Y version that can only be found by Rock Smashing small stones and a lot of the time you get a angry onix or dwebble. Fossil drop rates are so terrible. There's 10 of them.

So far i have a few of them, 7 remaining
(And i'm tired of seeing too many onix/dwebble and machop/woobat's jumping out of shadows)
Tyrantrum
Aurorus
Kabuto (Recent trade)

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I’ll never understand why pokegirls are put on such a high pedestal in the anime fandom. They are literally just eye candies created for young boys to get a hard on, it doesn’t matter how well written they are or how much chemistry they have. Waifuwars are ****ing stupid.
You know, I actually thought you meant Pokégirls as in Wild Horses and Pokégirls, that dumb erotic fanfiction universe from around Generation II or III. If you're not familiar with it, you'd be best off not knowing.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
You know, I actually thought you meant Pokégirls as in Wild Horses and Pokégirls, that dumb erotic fanfiction universe from around Generation II or III. If you're not familiar with it, you'd be best off not knowing.
Indeed there are certain types of fanfiction and terminology that you are better off not looking up their meanings.

PCN24454

Whenever people wish that the main games should change their gameplay, it feels like they’re ignoring all the spin-offs that do this explicitly for that purpose.

Then, they’ll ignore those games on the basis that they’re not main series.

It makes their complaints feel extremely hollow.

Also, I don’t consider Pokémon Masters to be canon to the mainline universe.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Whenever people wish that the main games should change their gameplay, it feels like they’re ignoring all the spin-offs that do this explicitly for that purpose.

Agreed. Masters is not canon. It is a gacha game.
On that note, I believe none of the spin-offs and mobile games are canon to the main universe (Go to Home transfer aside).

RedJirachi

Veteran member
All the Pika-clones being single stage. If you're going to mimic Pikachu, please don't try and mimic its stats. Pikachu at least can evolve even if Gamefreak pretends otherwise and can hold a Light Ball. Morpeko is especially frustrating for me since it's the only Electric/Dark type we have

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

The people who make those complaints are the ones who like the concept of Pokémon but don't like turn-based battling. They want the entire series to stop being about turn-based battling.

These people are selfish and have about as much of a chance as making chess no longer about turn-based battling.

All the Pika-clones being single stage. If you're going to mimic Pikachu, please don't try and mimic its stats. Pikachu at least can evolve even if Gamefreak pretends otherwise and can hold a Light Ball. Morpeko is especially frustrating for me since it's the only Electric/Dark type we have
I use Morpeko as part of one of my teams for Sword and Shield Ranked, and she's been pulling her weight. Turns out the Hunger Switch mechanic works out very well for double battles, since it's extremely unlikely for the opponent to bring out two Pokémon resistant to both Electric and Dark, and the Speed boost upon using Aura Wheel allows Morpeko to gain momentum like little else. It's like getting to use Max Airstream without using your Dynamax slot (albeit it doesn't benefit Morpeko's partner). I also used Plusle and Minun in Pokémon Battle Revolution; they were designed intentionally to lure out the opponent's Ground-type Pokémon and KO them.

And there is, of course, Sejun Park's famous run through the VGCs using Pachirisu. Togedemaru has also seen sporadic use in VGCs and the official games' Ranked modes due to the species's large utility in status moves as well as being one of the very few Electric-types to have Sturdy (though Lightning Rod is preferred in some circles).

Even Emolga has found use as a speedy disruptor in double battles with moves like Nuzzle, Encore, Taunt, Light Screen, Charm, Eerie Impulse, and Volt Switch made speedier with Motor Drive, albeit there are probably less than 5 people in all of Sword and Shield Ranked who use Emolga due to the difficulty of use. You use Emolga because you like Emolga, not because you think it's the best Pokémon for the role.

Dedenne is pretty much the only one who doesn't see any use in anything at all, no matter how niche.