• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Kicketune is a Pokemon I like the look of but annoyingly its stats are pretty bad , and it doesn't get many moves that make it stand out. Its one of those Pokemon that really would benefit from an evolved form as there's not much reason to use one at the moment. There are weaker but most of those have something fun at least.

I like it ok, but it would be great if it had a wider move pool. I have one in Brilliant Diamond that served as a bit of a work horse early on in game. (Not kidding... Fury Cutter could do a number on Pokemon.)

PCN24454

On top of that no breeding in Pokemon Legends Arceus *stares furiously at how often a wild eevee can escape and it's a rare spawn*
It's gonna be a real difficult headache to get a full set of 8 Eevee's for all of the Eevee-lutions :mad:
Yeah, Eevees really aren’t rare at all. There are probably lots of players that are trying to get rid of theirs.

You should trade with one of them.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Yeah, Eevees really aren’t rare at all. There are probably lots of players that are trying to get rid of theirs.

You should trade with one of them.
Eevee has been becoming increasingly more common in the wild since Gen V and is similar to Lapras where it was extremely hard to get one in the wild but then one game made them relatively common or at least common enough to find that you don’t need to hunt for one as long as you normally would. Breeding also made getting an Eevee ridiculously easy and SwSh made the Eeveelutions static overworld encounters in the Wild Area and they appeared quite a bit.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Had a very stubborn Eevee today. I saved beforehand. It kept escaping 16 times (disappear into thin air......which i hate :) before i could use Feather Balls. On 17th reset try i managed to use Luxray to initiate a fight and inmediately caught it with a ball instead of hurting it. Now i have Vaporeon done. And then a right after i found 2nd spare Eevee who will become for Espeon.

Technically Ash never captured Haunter. It just followed him like a companion. Haunter didn't follow any orders and was just fooling around in the gym...eventually it pulls a cartoon joke bomb from its mouth causing Sabrina to laugh.

I think the writers were playing with the fact that Ghost types didn't work properly against Psychic's in the games, so they created a cartoonish victory. As in Sabrina's Kadabra has some sort of strong mental link and Kadabra gets incapacitated if Sabrina is laughing for example. One of his many odd Kanto victories.

I'd love to see Ash have to re-match the Saffron (Given as a Technical KO prize) Celadon (saving from a fire), and Viridian Gyms (Was owned by Giovanni but he fought Team Rocket instead)
He already re-matched misty and Brock during the Sun and Moon series so i count it as he finally earned those two badges.
Gym 1- Sets off sprinklers
Gym 2- Does not defeat Misty, is award badge by her sister for help with Team Rocket
Gym 3- 2nd Attempt
Gym 4- Help with fire
Gym 5- Make Sabrina laugh
Gym 6- Fair win
Gym 7- Chairzard refuses to battle, Ash forfeits
Gym 8- Gym leader not present

So 1.5 out of 8 isin't so bad.... Right....

Captain Jigglypuff

Gym 2- Does not defeat Misty, is award badge by her sister for help with Team Rocket
Gym 3- 2nd Attempt
Gym 4- Help with fire
Gym 6- Fair win

I count Gym 8 as a win even if it wasn’t against Giovanni. We know that in the anime that Gym Leaders can put someone (or something in Clemont’s case) in charge of all challenges in their absence. Brock has used his brother, Misty and her sisters all fill in for each other, Koga has his sister and Janine, Cilian has his brothers, and Clemont uses Clembot.

Luthor

Gym 3- 2nd Attempt
Gym 4- Help with fire
Gym 6- Fair win

Ash did have a a rematch with Blaine and Ash won that so I 'd say that was fair.

I count Gym 8 as a win even if it wasn’t against Giovanni. We know that in the anime that Gym Leaders can put someone (or something in Clemont’s case) in charge of all challenges in their absence. Brock has used his brother, Misty and her sisters all fill in for each other, Koga has his sister and Janine, Cilian has his brothers, and Clemont uses Clembot.
First off Giovanni has no respect for league regulations. Using the artifically created and manipulated pkm Mewtwo to trounce Gary. No trainer could have defeated that Mewtwo, which is of course why it is absent when it comes time for Ash to battle for the badge.
Gary is left w/o a badge.
Giovanni did indeed leave Jesse and James in charge. He had to leave inmeadiately and Jesse and James are just the kind of loyalists that could entertain guests.
Jesse refused to give Ash the badge. Ash found it on the floor after the explosion.
As they are leaving Ash is halted by the sudden realization that he DOESN'T even know where the fcking pokemon league is !!

So in conclusion: I see your point. Not sure if I agree or disagree yet... I am still debating....

Captain Jigglypuff

Ash did have a a rematch with Blaine and Ash won that so I 'd say that was fair.
I also agree. I’d say half of Kanto’s Badges Ash did earn through battle. I think he did earn the Earth Badge as he defeated TRio fairly even though they had cheated and rigged his side to make him want to forfeit to avoid getting shocked repeatedly. Giovanni made them temporary Gym Leaders and Ash did have a Gym battle against them. Ash was pretty much on the verge of defeating Koga when TRio interrupted that battle so Koga giving Ash the Badge was still fair and he wasn’t very likely to win if they had continued where they left off before the interference. Blaine gave Ash another chance after he helped stop the volcano from erupting and destroying the entire Island. Lt. Surge was definitely a fair battle as Ash and Pikachu both wanted to prove him wrong about unevolved Pokémon being inferior to evolved Pokémon.

Captain Jigglypuff

Yes- but Ash is the kinda guy that would have just posted up a tent and camp in front of the gym no matter if it was 2 tries or 50 tries....at some point we have to draw the line
This is sort of true but I think that Blaine had realized Ash deserved a second chance after risking his life to help save the lives of everyone on Cinnabar Island when the volcano was close to blowing up everything in the area.

Pokefan_1987

Got far in legends arceus but now it looks like i jumped the gun early. After i caught a lvI 70 Alpha Lucario... i only have a obedience level of 65.

Most of my team were dying too easily from lvl 45 Aipom's in the Ice region that have Iron Tail Mud Bomb and Double Edge. Those monkey pests are really annoying with this moveset.
Grinding to star rank 6 is gonna be tough.
But i really need a strong fighter against Avalugg that can survive Ground moves.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The Time distortion mechanic is the absolute worst. If you battle, it pauses so you're basically forced to AFK!
Legends may have topped BW 1 as my overall favorite but this mechanic is absolute garbage! It's only topped by the existence of Pokemon GO

PCN24454

The Time distortion mechanic is the absolute worst. If you battle, it pauses so you're basically forced to AFK!
Legends may have topped BW 1 as my overall favorite but this mechanic is absolute garbage! It's only topped by the existence of Pokemon GO
What about Distortions forces you to put down your controller?

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Time Distortions only last for a few minutes, it would suck if you got roped into a battle with a Driftblim and the distortion faded while you were battling. The pause negates the worry of a rare spawn disappearing before you can chuck a ball at it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
First off Giovanni has no respect for league regulations.
Some league regulations if they let a known criminal serve as an official gym leader. This applies to the games as well; while people know Giovanni is the head of Team Rocket, they don't know he's also the head of Viridian City gym. But the officials would have to know who's in charge, or they're so inept they don't realize a crime boss has taken control of Viridian City gym

Lagging in the GO Tournament battles makes me rage. It has already cost me several battles, or at least made it impossible for me to win because of them.

Pokefan_1987

Some league regulations if they let a known criminal serve as an official gym leader. This applies to the games as well; while people know Giovanni is the head of Team Rocket, they don't know he's also the head of Viridian City gym. But the officials would have to know who's in charge, or they're so inept they don't realize a crime boss has taken control of Viridian City gym

Lagging in the GO Tournament battles makes me rage. It has already cost me several battles, or at least made it impossible for me to win because of them.
I suspect that Giovanni was wealthy enough to bribe the pokemon league to let him take over. Because in Kant the Viridan Gym only one in the region requiring all the badges and the long journeys involved for trainers it's a easy for him to leave and do his crimes. They don't expect him to be gone for weeks.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Because of the long journeys it's a easy to be leave and do his crimes since his Gym is last and they don't expect him to be gone for weeks.
But is his gym always last?
In the games he's just last for the Protag because he's away when you run through Viridian City.

And in the anime...who even knows there considering that they apparently have more than 8 gyms in Kanto there.

And the manga implies that the gyms can be fought in any order and the leaders choose their teams according to how many badges a challenger already has.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
The character of Giovanni obviously takes heavy influence from mafia bosses, and just like real life mafia bosses Giovanni undoubtedly pays off the authorities, or they simply can't find enough evidence to link him to any particular crime, since he always has his henchmen do his dirty work. Think of it like Al Capone before the feds finally got sick of him and jailed him for tax evasion; everyone knew who and what he was, but nobody did anything about it because he had paid off so many people and covered his tracks so well that actually prosecuting him would be a nightmare.

Just because it doesn't really appear in the games or the anime (which have very heavy-handed family friendly approaches) doesn't mean that corruption isn't a thing in the Pokemon universe. It probably is; the existence of crooked people like Giovanni and Team Rocket at all pretty much confirms that.