• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The character of Giovanni obviously takes heavy influence from mafia bosses, and just like real life mafia bosses Giovanni undoubtedly pays off the authorities, or they simply can't find enough evidence to link him to any particular crime, since he always has his henchmen do his dirty work. Think of it like Al Capone before the feds finally got sick of him and jailed him for tax evasion; everyone knew who and what he was, but nobody did anything about it because he had paid off so many people and covered his tracks so well that actually prosecuting him would be a nightmare.

Just because it doesn't really appear in the games or the anime (which have very heavy-handed family friendly approaches) doesn't mean that corruption isn't a thing in the Pokemon universe. It probably is; the existence of crooked people like Giovanni and Team Rocket at all pretty much confirms that.
On top of that he most likely hides on a private island or Artificial HQ (Aether Foundation style) where he and his elite Admins oversee the Team Rocket from.... while his henchmen are the only ones who stay in regular bases.

beanDude

Reviewer
I know this is the biggest nitpick ever but since I was a kid I hated hated HATED the fact that in Ruby/Sapphire the Running Shoes are disabled indoors. Maybe they were doing this for immersion since one would not be running at full speed in some of those settings in real life but COME ON THIS IS A VIDEO GAME JUST LET ME GET TO WHERE I WANT TO GO FASTER SO I CAN PERFORM THE REPETITIVE RPG TASK I WANT TO COMPLETE FASTER AND GET TO THE FUN PART OF THE GAME!!!

Oh man, I've been waiting over a decade to let that out.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I know this is the biggest nitpick ever but since I was a kid I hated hated HATED the fact that in Ruby/Sapphire the Running Shoes are disabled indoors. Maybe they were doing this for immersion since one would not be running at full speed in some of those settings in real life but COME ON THIS IS A VIDEO GAME JUST LET ME GET TO WHERE I WANT TO GO FASTER SO I CAN PERFORM THE REPETITIVE RPG TASK I WANT TO COMPLETE FASTER AND GET TO THE FUN PART OF THE GAME!!!

Is it in Emerald too ? I forgot about this detail tbh

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yeah seriously, **** these time distortions. All I need is one Pokemon species and it only spawns in them! I hate sitting around doing nothing for an hour hoping for one to spawn, only for it to not even have what I need! Beat down countless Pokemon to get another wave, just the same stuff. Oh look it's Rowlet and Dartrix again.... and now back to Dusclops, Magmar and Octillery yet again despite the fact they have set spawns!!

The mechanic sucks, should be guaranteed every ten minutes

Pokefan_1987

I know this is the biggest nitpick ever but since I was a kid I HATED the fact that in Ruby/Sapphire the Running Shoes are disabled indoors. Maybe they were doing this for immersion, since one would not be running at full speed in some of those settings in real life .BUT COME ON THIS IS A VIDEO GAME JUST LET ME GET TO WHERE I WANT TO GO FASTER SO I CAN PERFORM THE REPETITIVE RPG TASK I WANT TO COMPLETE FASTER AND GET TO THE FUN PART OF THE GAME!!!

Actually it's nothing new. There seems to be a set speed in buildings.
I'm more annoyed of the games banning bicycles in certain situations by saying " The professor's *name* advice echoed in your head, this is not the time for that"
For *** crying out loud , the professor is not the person who gave bike!

Here's a peeve i've never mentioned. Sometimes getting a male gender on a pokemon like Primarina, Togekiss or Gardevoir...for example rarely want Gallade, i don't want Gardevoir or Primarina to remind me of male drag queens.

Last edited:

beanDude

Reviewer

I've actually never played Emerald so I don't know, I always assumed that Gen 4 was where they decided to change it so the Running Shoes work everywhere. This was something I immediately noticed right when Pearl and Diamond came out. I remember running laps around the Sandgem Pokemon Center in excitement over the fact that I could run in there.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Think of it in the mind of a developer for the game. Having your name in the credits is a big deal. Why would you want people to skip them?

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Think of it in the mind of a developer for the game. Having your name in the credits is a big deal. Why would you want people to skip them?
For me, I just want to be able to play through the postgame with the exception of X, Y, Sword and Shield without spending at least thirty minutes watching the credits roll which is why they should be optional.

Pokefan_1987

To keep going forward playing the game, what else.

For me, I just want to be able to play through the postgame with the exception of X, Y, Sword and Shield without spending at least thirty minutes watching the credits roll which is why they should be optional.
In my recent experience Pokemon X and Y are roughly 5-10 minutes. But at least you can speed it up by holding down the A button. But in these Gen 6 games it's tedious when you want to use the Elite 4 for leveling up and money grinding.

Omega Ruby and Ultra Sun can be skipped right away.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I said through the developers' eyes, not the consumer's.

Also, I don't know of any Pokemon credits that last for 30 minutes.

Artuditwo

Audino and the Cinccino of power!
Here's a peeve i've never mentioned. Sometimes getting a male gender on a pokemon like Primarina, Togekiss or Gardevoir...for example rarely want Gallade, i don't want Gardevoir or Primarina to remind me of male drag queens.
I don't really see togekiss in this situation.... it a cute plane...
I like having femboys in my team XD

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m having some pretty bad luck finding most of the Baby Pokémon in Legends. All I’ve managed to catch are Elekid, Mantyke, and Budew. Togepi, Happiny, Pichu, and Cleffa refuse to spawn for me and every Magby and ChinglingI find seems to enjoy running away from me even when I engage a battle. I keep KO Munchlax by mistake and Bonsly will target me but as soon as I start a battle, it flees!

Pokefan_1987

I’m having some pretty bad luck finding most of the Baby Pokémon in Legends. All I’ve managed to catch are Elekid, Mantyke, and Budew. Togepi, Happiny, Pichu, and Cleffa refuse to spawn for me and every Magby and ChinglingI find seems to enjoy running away from me even when I engage a battle. I keep KO Munchlax by mistake and Bonsly will target me but as soon as I start a battle, it flees!
That's a big reason why breeding is such a blessing in the older games.

They really should improve the spawn rates for all baby pokemon (with less chance of fleeing. In PLA Chansey will try to flee A LOT) or give us a breeder in Jubilife Village. Even if it's not available early before you defeat at least 2 of the Nobles.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
That's a big reason why breeding is such a blessing in the older games.

They really should improve the spawn rates for all baby pokemon (with less chance of fleeing. In PLA Chansey will try to flee A LOT) or give us a breeder in Jubilife Village. Even if it's not available early before you defeat at least 2 of the Nobles.
I think I did manage to get a Chansey by pure luck. And I did get an Alpha Blissey. It’s Happiny that I really need.

Pokefan_1987

I'm in a terrible mood. I've waited for several different day types and been using Cobalt Coastlines Bathers Lagoon. (It's the easiest one to get too) But Togepi refuses to spawn. I just get several Chansey, Happiny, Aipoms, a occasional Alpha Ampibom, Murkrow and etc.

But not a single Togepi for 2 hours Why does this game hate me right now :mad: The other locations are terrible including travel distance to camp for resetting. And i don't want to reset too often if i lose too many Wing Balls/Jet Ball throws.

Looks like another pokemon, this time Togekiss from Pokemon Sword will be going into the Home Box waiting so i can fill my dex. I've had enough for now.

Last edited:

Syther

Y not?
Why are they releasing so many mainline games so close to each other now? Gen 9 is releasing later this year, Legends released in January, and BDSP released Last November! They haven't even finished patching up BDSP yet, let alone updating home to be compatible with these games!

To make matters worse, Pokemon Go is going to eventually have all those 1000+ pokemon and forms, and it's a Phone game!

Last edited:

MrJechgo

Why are they releasing so many mainline games so close to each other now? Gen 9 is releasing later this year, Legends released in January, and BDSP released Last November! They haven't even finished patching up BDSP yet, let alone updating home to be compatible with these games!
There's actually a 3 or 4-year gap between the first games of each generation. Between SwSh (Nov 2019) and SV (Nov 2022), that's 3 years.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

To make matters worse, Pokemon Go is going to eventually have all those 1000+ pokemon and forms, and it's a Phone game!
I was also shocked by this decision.... Idk why they did that.
I was 99 % sure we r gonna get PLA dlc instead...