• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
One thing that grinds my gears is the high pitch critical damage/knock out noise in Legends Arceus.

As someone with autism, I am senstive to those kind of noises.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
We finally got the new HOME and BDSP/Legends Arceus compatibility.

Shockingly Gen 1 starters are not compatible with legends arceus. And they ditched the Gen 5 and 6 starters after all this waiting.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

Shockingly Gen 1 starters are not compatible with legends arceus. And they ditched the Gen 5 and 6 starters after all this waiting.
Of course Gen 1 starters aren't in Legends Arceus because they aren't programmed into the game. I don't get the surprise there.

They didn't ditch those Pokemon. They just haven't been in a main title since Gen 7. That doesn't exclude them from future titles.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Of course Gen 1 starters aren't in Legends Arceus because they aren't programmed into the game. I don't get the surprise there.

They didn't ditch those Pokemon. They just haven't been in a main title since Gen 7. That doesn't exclude them from future titles.
I’m thinking SV will have the Unova starters as part of the region’s Dex just like how the Kanto starters are in Kalos.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
The Limited time event system. I can understand some exclusive Pokemon promotions, but things that can be easily released as dlc like event items or special in game attires. It grinds me I missed the BDSP Member card giveaway and knowing thats a part of the game forever cut off from me. I'd pay for it if they sold it as dlc!

I'm not a fan of it as a whole. Especially if people aren't able to get a game right away.

Luthor

I'm not a fan of it as a whole. Especially if people aren't able to get a game right away.
Yeah, seriously. Events should be done like Magearna's was. And stay up as long as its event has been too.

I would agree. It also makes replays using them harder to do.

It also reminds me there are some Pokemon that because they are mythical (rather than just legendary) are not seen as often as I'd like. For example it annoys me that Genesect is mythical because it just seems like such a perfect Pokemon to find in-game given how much it ties into Team Plasma.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I agree that it’s a hassle and not everyone is able to easily get them. S/M did go in the right direction with Magearna being obtained through a QR code that never expires, the only catch was having to wait until postgame before you’re able to get it given to you.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It grinds my gears when I see a proof of concept Pokemon game idea, then people saying, "Why can't Pokemon games look like this?".

Some of these "proof of concept" ideas aren't ones I would imagine working that well anyway in a practical sense.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
It grinds my gears when some people say BDSP is "the worst Pokemon game ever" and "inferior to the original DP". I think BDSP is one of the best Pokemon games we've had recently, and a clear improvement over DP.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It grinds my gears when some people say BDSP is "the worst Pokemon game ever" and "inferior to the original DP". I think BDSP is one of the best Pokemon games we've had recently, and a clear improvement over DP.
I get why people would like Platinum over BDSP, and some things in Platinum I wish did transfer to those games.
That being said, I do agree that these are an improvement over DP because the orignal games were slow and didn't have good QoL.
I do get annoyed at the friendship hax that is basically unavoidable in BDSP. I think most of the glitches were ironed out.

However, if people don't like BDSP, then they are entitled to that opinion. I get why some might not like them.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
I get why people would like Platinum over BDSP, and some things in Platinum I wish did transfer to those games.
That being said, I do agree that these are an improvement over DP because the orignal games were slow and didn't have good QoL.
I do get annoyed at the friendship hax that is basically unavoidable in BDSP. I think most of the glitches were ironed out.

However, if people don't like BDSP, then they are entitled to that opinion. I get why some might not like them.
Yes, people are entitled to their opinions, but my point is that one can dislike BDSP without calling them "the worst games ever", which simply isn't true.

In general, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wish more people showed some love for BDSP. I think the game is very underrated.

Last edited:

Luthor

Yes, people are entitled to their opinions, but my point is that one can dislike BDSP without calling them "the worst games ever", which simply isn't true.

In general, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wish more people showed some love for BDSP. I think the game is very underrated.

Yeah. Its all relative really. I was disappointed that the TM's break and even the HM's were not unlimited use (for teaching to pokemon) but I found the elite 4 rematches and the gym leader rematches to be a lot of fun. Overall I think they were good games.

Trillion

what made you think the gen 1, 5, and 6 starters would be in the game - besides the oshawott line?

Pokefan_1987

I hate how tedious Dex perfection is in LA.
If that's tough imagine how i feel juggling 3 games and the HOME collection on your pokemon go mobile phone. Trying to figure out which pokemon in your home box are compatible with both legends arceus and the brilliant diamond national dex. Getting evolution stones is such a chore in BDSP. Keeping a track on what you have in boxes also a hassle.

On top of that if the BDSP pokemon in the national dex isn't in Sword version or is only in Pearl/Shield and you don't have it in your current Pokemon GO collection, then have fun tracking em down while walking with RNG involved or trading in pokemon home. At least it's easy to get mons like Magmortar and Electivire in Legends Arceus and transfer them into BDSP. Even the very annoying to find Cherubi/Cherrim can be transferred into Legends Arceus. Just shake a few trees in Galar and you'll find Cherubi easily.

Getting the National Dex 100% in Brilliant Diamond is gonna be REALLY TOUGH.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

No I never got Oak's letter in BDSP since the event was only from late Febuary to March
Wasn't it a part of requiring a online subscription to get the code. My Nintendo Online subscription expired last Christmas and i was too lazy to buy a new one since i was focused on Playstation Plus. I don't have paypal and we don't get nintendo subscription gift cards over here in northern europe iceland.