• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The main series already offers that. A new Stadium game would just be a microtransaction infested, live service mess.
Would probably only include pokemons from the first 4 Gen's, more stadium arenas with the remaining Gens as 1 dlc.
The one thing that would be bad if it had terrible announcer voices without choosing voices for it. Sorry folks but voices on Nintendo 64 were often cringy or just bad.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Sorry folks but voices on Nintendo 64 were often cringy or just bad.
I blame the audio output on the console and the game paks limitations. I remember that Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero and Mortal Kombat Trilogy got hit really hard by limitations and the PlayStation and Dreamcast versions had full motion video for the former and several characters cut from the N64 port of the latter and even combined the two Sub Zeros together and the gameplay was laggy.

jaden767

Amphetamine
The one thing that would be bad if it had terrible announcer voices without choosing voices for it. Sorry folks but voices on Nintendo 64 were often cringy or just bad.
The problem with Stadium's announcer was that they didn't record enough phrases for him so he would repeat the same thing a lot of of the time.

But even with that flaw I really loved Stadium 1 and 2.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I hate that GO has such a limited distance of trading with a friend (<100 m). From Gen IV onwards the main games let you trade across the world. It feels cruel for friends across the world to not be able to trade.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I hate that GO has such a limited distance of trading with a friend (<100 m). From Gen IV onwards the main games let you trade across the world. It feels cruel for friends across the world to not be able to trade.
It’s even worse when you take regional exclusives into account. It means you’ll need to plan a lot of trips abroad if you want any hope of getting certain Pokémon, even through trading.

Pokefan_1987

It’s even worse when you take regional exclusives into account. It means you’ll need to plan a lot of trips abroad if you want any hope of getting certain Pokémon, even through trading.
When regional exclusives come to mind Vivillion has lot of them based on country and event ones instead of a uniform one. and it's not even a strong enough pokemon to be worth collecting all of them. It does have the compound ability available.
and then there's Alcremie with 70 forms based on the topping berry and movement. talk about a waste of hours making them all.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Same here. I ended up not doing much of that at all when I had Go.

Yep. It's virtually impossible when people aren't privileged/or are unable to do said trips. Niantic certainly doesn't take it into account.

Captain Jigglypuff

Yep. It's virtually impossible when people aren't privileged/or are unable to do said trips. Niantic certainly doesn't take it into account.

When I was in Taiwan, I couldn’t properly use Go on my iPad because it doesn’t have GPS on it and the iPhone I was given for the trip wouldn’t let me download the game onto it because it required the phone’s iTunes account password which I didn’t have or know.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They have. That’s the point.
Over 15 years ago. But things are different now. The main series games are now in 3D and on a home console. The two biggest reasons to play the Stadium games are no longer unique to it. It's best left as a relic of the past as the main series has moved on from the need for it.

Orphalesion

What a lame design Mega Venusaur is, when Gigantamax Venusaur clearly shows that you can do cool things with Venusaur.
When regional exclusives come to mind Vivillion has lot of them based on country and event ones instead of a uniform one. and it's not even a strong enough pokemon to be worth collecting all of them. It does have the compound ability available.
and then there's Alcremie with 70 forms based on the topping berry and movement. talk about a waste of hours making them all.

I mean I absolutely hate Vivilion, because as the only bug type in Gen 6 (bad enough by itself!) they had the gal to make it yet another, Bug/Flying, cutesy butterfly. And I hate region-locked content like that.
But I don't think they wasted all that much time on the different forms, they're just different textures for the same model, and most of them are fairly simple (just some geometric designs on the wings)
Even Alcremie probably wasn't all that bad, since they just had to attach the different accessories on the same base model, and, once again, a couple of texture variations. From my limited experience reskinning/re-texturing a model to create some variations is not that work inenstive, especially if its mostly colour variations.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

What a lame design Mega Venusaur is, when Gigantamax Venusaur clearly shows that you can do cool things with Venusaur.
I never really liked Mega Venusaur that much either considering it was just the same only with a flower on top of its head and a longer flower stem with vines glued on. Gigantamax is what the Mega should have looked like.

Luthor

Especially as they make trading a requirement for completing certain special mission. It makes it practically impossible for certain to complete those.

Edit- typo

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Especially as they make trading a requirement for completing certain special moves. It makes it practically impossible for certain to complete those.
You can add the travel with the pokemon to evolve it. I have so many Phantump candies but i do extra travel work aka saving cash for poffins and playing in activities with it.

I hate this Adventure Together to evolve....it's not bad. It just takes so long.

Last edited:

Luthor

You can add the travel with the pokemon to evolve it. I have so many Phantump candies but i do extra travel work aka saving cash for poffins and playing in activities with it.

I hate this Adventure Together to evolve

Sorry that was autocorrected. My Point was the special research missions in go that you can't complete without completing certain requirements. Some of those involve trading.

brightpowder

fairy, fairy, quite contrary
the biggest gear-grinder for me in pokémon history is the existence of GO. spent my entire youth from '98 or '99 obsessively consuming every bit of pokémon game stuff i could feasibly acquire, lived and breathed pokémon, met a huge amount of my social circle at the time through the pokémon community and still felt very on the outside for how obsessed i am/was. memorized every cry in dex order in gsc. the special interest level was and continues to be through the roof.

then GO hits in 2016 and suddenly the thing that i would have done literally anything for as a child comes to the real world as much as it ever could have -- people are walking around in public talking about pokémon. catching pokémon. being really excited about pokémon. people who sneered at the franchise as kids or parents who were frustrated with their childrens' obsession with it alike realized that actually pokémon is awesome, joined in and continue to play GO six years later. i have no interest in gatekeeping pokémon because the more people who love the franchise the more of the franchise there will be, and i would have been happy with all of this if not for the heartbreaking fact that the game is literally unplayable if you are crippled/use a mobility device and do not live in a city. it still feels like a personal and targeted punch in the throat -- "everybody finally loves the same thing you do, but there is no circumstance under which you'll ever be able to participate."

i just feel like i missed out so, SO much on the initial fervor of GO and it would have been a dream come true for me. i'm still pretty sad about it

Kaede45

i just feel like i missed out so, SO much on the initial fervor of GO and it would have been a dream come true for me. i'm still pretty sad about it
understandable, but honestly I’d say you’re not missing much…

while it can be a fun distraction while traveling, it’s nothing to write home about. It’s incredibly gutted with no sense of accomplishment & the battles are nothing more than a glorified tap-a-thon. The best I can say about it is that you can transfer whatever you catch to home, but honestly, it just makes me wish I were playing a mainline Pokémon game…

brightpowder

fairy, fairy, quite contrary
The best I can say about it is that you can transfer whatever you catch to home
this is a big part of it for me now, i just started a living dex and being able to use GO for that would be helpful (and i also have no idea how i'm going to acquire a memetal, either, sigh).

a lot of it had to do with missing out on the hype, too. just seeing everybody so excited about pokémon and knowing there was no way for me to engage was crushing lmao