• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
You know what grinds my gears? People who talk sh*t about Jynx.

It's been 25 years. At some point, they gotta stop being narrow-minded and actually look into her origin. She gets hate for no real reason, and it irritates my soul.
Her origins don't stop her from being creepy as hell. Having a reason for something bad doesn't make it good.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I wish Spinda had a form in Pokemon Go that allowed you to transfer it to Pokemon Home. Maybe it could have a question mark on it's face.

Between Go and BDSP, Spinda sure is cursed.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Her origins don't stop her from being creepy as hell. Having a reason for something bad doesn't make it good.

I've learn a lot of folks find her 'creepy' because of an existing negative connotation surrounding her and not for any original perception of their own.

A good number of folks I knew hated Jynx until I told them she's based on a yokai. Then, suddenly, they liked her. I do not believe there is any real dislike for her. It's simply the thing to do as a Pokémon fan: Hate Jynx.

MidnightHo-Oh

I've learn a lot of folks find her 'creepy' because of an existing negative connotation surrounding her and not for any original perception of their own.

A good number of folks I knew hated Jynx until I told them she's based on a yokai. Then, suddenly, they liked her. I do not believe there is any real dislike for her. It's simply the thing to do as a Pokémon fan: Hate Jynx.
I can totally understand the lore adding interest to a Pokémon and/or changing opinions, but as a lifelong Pokémon fan who has had time to move past the drama of Jynx... I still do not like it and would never feel comfortable using Jynx on my team, along with the likes of Miltank and Salazzle. I've tried 'em each at least once, but I just can't. No amount of lore or fun facts or moves, abilities, or stats can help me get past the discomfort of their designs.

Last edited:

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon

I find Jynx creepy because of it's design and the way it moves from side to side in it's 3D sprite. It freaks me out. Learning that it is based on a Yokai doesn't make me change my opinion on it.

MidnightHo-Oh

I find jynx cute and sexy because of it’s design and the way it moves from side to side in it's 3D sprite. It makes me diamonds. Learning that it is based on a Yokai doesn't make me change my opinion on it.
Why did you essentially just MadLib MetaMantis' post?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m more puzzled as to why the Dexes with footprints have none for Jynx as if it doesn’t have feet while Darkrai does have one. The footprints seem to be only shown when there are visible feet and yeah Jynx doesn’t have any but neither does Darkrai. There is even an episode from the OI Saga that proves Jynx has feet. The foot is weird to look at and a bit misshapen but it’s still shown for a few seconds. Darkrai was only ever seen with legs in its movie.

MidnightHo-Oh

I’m more puzzled as to why the Dexes with footprints have none for Jynx as if it doesn’t have feet while Gardevoir does have one. The footprints seem to be only shown when there are visible feet and yeah Jynx doesn’t have any but neither does Gardevoir. There is even an episode from the OI Saga that proves Jynx has feet. The foot is weird to look at and a bit misshapen but it’s still shown for a few s3conds.
Gardevoir most definitely does have feet and legs in both the games and anime, btw

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
When the games don't have enough level up stones to finish all the evolutions like the dusk stone/shiny stone and trying to get all the evolutions. Old games like Kalos and ORAS usually only have a few items and the usually only way to get more is to fight the Inverse Battles these battles put you at a huge disadvantage regarding what he rewards you with and you can only fight him once At least Isle Apun in USUM allows sending pokemon to get these rare items. And many items are available in the wild areas.

Fighting for battle points is also expensive, 48 points for a Razor Fang/Claw for a post game item and 64 in USUM for mega stones.
I think it's time for pokemon to ditch these items including Metal Coats or make them more easily available instead of the postgame like gen 8

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
Now I completed Let's Go Pikachu I need to say this. It was a dumb idea to get rid of Wild Battles For leveling up and replace them with Catching Pokemon just to earn experience. Also why in the world they took out Held Items and Pokemon's Abilities? Those were the core features of what made Pokemon great. I get it they wanted it to be appeal to the people who played Pokemon Go but honestly it just rubs me the wrong way.

Akashin

When the games don't have enough level up stones to finish all the evolutions like the dusk stone/shiny stone and trying to get all the evolutions. Old games like Kalos and ORAS usually only have a few items and the usually only way to get more is to fight the Inverse Battles these battles put you at a huge disadvantage regarding what he rewards you with and you can only fight him once At least Isle Apun in USUM allows sending pokemon to get these rare items. And many items are available in the wild areas.

Fighting for battle points is also expensive, 48 points for a Razor Fang/Claw for a post game item and 64 in USUM for mega stones.
I think it's time for pokemon to ditch these items including Metal Coats or make them more easily available instead of the postgame like gen 8
Gen VI also had Super Training, which--assuming a decent amount of proficiency with it--was a relatively reliable, if slightly (but not annoyingly) RNG, method of getting most if not all stones.

Pokefan_1987

Gen VI also had Super Training, which--assuming a decent amount of proficiency with it--was a relatively reliable, if slightly (but not annoyingly) RNG, method of getting most if not all stones.

Yeah but im not good at those

Luthor

I'll admit there's a lot of times where I do think they should have made certain evolution items more readily available. This was one thing legends arceus did slightly better as if you could obtain most evolution items from either collecting satchels and trading in the points, from certain time/space events, and occasionally just in the wild in the right places. It wasn't perfect and I personally did have some bad luck hunting for the new evolution items (for Kleavor and Ursaluna) but for the older evolutions it was relatively simple.

Pokefan_1987

I'll admit there's a lot of times where I do think they should have made certain evolution items more readily available. This was one thing legends arceus did slightly better as if you could obtain most evolution items from either collecting satchels and trading in the points, from certain time/space events, and occasionally just in the wild in the right places. It wasn't perfect and I personally did have some bad luck hunting for the new evolution items (for Kleavor and Ursaluna) but for the older evolutions it was relatively simple.
Yes Ursaluna's Peat Moss, only found while using it's nose tracking ability is quite a tedious progress if you don't know which area you should be looking in