• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
when people call pichu, marill, and mimikyu pikaclones
Pichu is a Pikaclone. It just happens to be in the Pikachu line. Marill is because of that whole "Pikablu" rumor, and Mimikyu should be fairly obvious why it's called that despite not technically being one.

@KagePikachu One of the Battle Towers does cheat, but only if you yourself are already cheating, because if you manage to get Wonder Guard on a Spiritomb through hacking, eventually the computer will start using Pokemon with Fire Fang, which damages it anyway due to a bug in the game's code.

Trillion

Pichu is a Pikaclone. It just happens to be in the Pikachu line. Marill is because of that whole "Pikablu" rumor, and Mimikyu should be fairly obvious why it's called that despite not technically being one.
i mean i get why people call them that. i just personally don't agree. i know pikaclone is a fanmade term anyway so it's no biggie lol

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
It's related to this but i don't have no idea what it does. Basically it's some sort a icon intended for admins to see.

Feity

Storm Trainer
Why would a fan term make Marill a Pikachu clone? Because that's what 'Pikablu' was, just a fan term that some English speaking fan came up with when they saw Marill's artwork on the internet most likely and then it spread through the English speaking community in the late 1990s until Marill got its official English name.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The Pikaclone term didn’t really exist until Plusle and Minun were introduced due to how much they resembled Pikachu.

Nikita Dracovish

THE NUMBERS, MASON!
The disrespect of the sm anime writers in Hawaii
Why did they suddenly change the artstyle to make the characters have corrupted faces in Alola, which represents Hawaii? Why did they make inappropriate characters there ? Do they imply that the ppl in Hawaii look weird and have some inappropriate behaviour ? It is not right in my opinion
okay serious question: are you a haole

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Hey didn't you read WishIhadaManafi5's warning 9 posts ago? (sunset avatar moderator)

We should not be using insulting verbs against people. Let's be civil mm'kay
Haole isn't an insult. It's a Hawaiian word used to describe foreigners (mainly for those who are from Europe).

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Haole isn't an insult. It's a Hawaiian word used to describe foreigners (mainly for those who are from Europe).

Exactly. From what I've seen, it depends on the usage. They didn't use it in an offensive manner. They were simply asking a question.

Pokefan_1987

Exactly. From what I've seen, it depends on the usage. They didn't use it in an offensive manner. They were simply asking a question.
OOPS o_O I must have misread things while i was tired, thought he meant something like a-word insults

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Just evolved a new nincada into ninjask and shedinja. Good grief Nincada has very slow exp gain, even against wild pokemon in victory road in omega ruby.

Pokefan_1987

Dratini's Very Low 1% fishing encounter rate in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I don’t care what anyone says, I love the exp. share in newer games. I was playing pokemon White recently and switching pokemon to train is very annoying. So glad it’s doesn’t have be like that anymore.

MidnightHo-Oh

I don’t care what anyone says, I love the exp. share in newer games. I was playing pokemon White recently and switching pokemon to train is very annoying. So glad it’s doesn’t have be like that anymore.
Finally someone who feels the same way I do!! A lot of people whine that it "takes away the fun of the game" by being full party, and I'm over here thinking, "Dude, this is a major factor why I CAN enjoy playing and replaying the newer releases." Simply don't have the time as an adult to waste my day grinding my team individually.

Pokefan_1987

Finally someone who feels the same way I do!! A lot of people whine that it "takes away the fun of the game" by being full party, and I'm over here thinking, "Dude, this is a major factor why I CAN enjoy playing and replaying the newer releases." Simply don't have the time as an adult to waste my day grinding my team individually.
Exactly and switch training is annoying before you reach the Exp Share helmet item (which is still limited to one pokemon at a time)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Personally don't care too much about the EXP Share either way but it's odd they removed the ability to turn it off at will.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I totally agree! I specifically play a lot in post game, at the battle tower and I tend to use many different pokemon. Being able to train them faster is a plus.
I like it too but the option to turn it off should exist as well.
If they make it optional it’s fine with me, but I don’t want the pokemon company removing it because some people don’t like it. It’s perplexing to me the hate that it gets.

Trillion

so ironic that you posted this. i was literally playing black 2 yesterday and caught an azurill. it can't do anything on its own so i kept having to switch-train it with tepig. it got annoying so i just put the game down lol

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
so ironic that you posted this. i was literally playing black 2 yesterday and caught an azurill. it can't do anything on its own so i kept having to switch-train it with tepig. it got annoying so i just put the game down lol
The same thing happened to me with Liepard because it doesn’t have any good attacks lol