• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Luthor

I like it too but the option to turn it off should exist as well.

That for me makes the most sense. With the exp share I would have it so its on at first and then you have to choose to turn it off (so new players have it for simplicity) thus players the option to turn off if they want so people who want the challenge have the option to do so. That way everyone is happy.

TwilightBlade

I like it too but the option to turn it off should exist as well.
Yep I have no idea why that option was removed. The change to the Exp. Share starting in X & Y was nice but at least those games let you shut it off.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The same thing happened to me with Liepard because it doesn’t have any good attacks lol
It's literally designed for being faster attacker like Umbreon with fast speed attack and special while frail. But it has access to cheap shot dirty tricks like prankster hidden ability Fake Out, Sucker Punch, Toxic and Thunder Wave multiplayer. In short a FAST Thunder Wave/Toxic staller.

The base stats are prove it.
HP 64
ATK 88
DEF 50
S. ATK 88
S DEF 50
SPD 109

Pokefan_1987

The delivery for Pokemon Silver Tempest got delayed. Some employee was a hour too late and they missed the cargo ship headed for Iceland earlier this week.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I’ve been disappointed lately in finding that less and less active fans seem to appreciate Gen 2 and its remakes. At this point, I’m starting to think that critical analysis of the Johto games has sailed past the point of reasonable and constructive and entered the realm of completely missing the point. I won’t delve into a full-blown defense of Johto’s perceived sins here, but it’s a little disappointing for attempts to discuss its games to be met more and more with overblown criticism of the level curve and laments about the relatively restrained story (compared to future regions’ apocalyptic ordeals).

MrJechgo

There was a missed opportunity with the starters getting Paragon forms, or something similar. There's also some inconsistencies in the series where it just bugs me. Mega Evolutions were introduced in Gen 6, yet Chestnaught, Delphox and Greninja didn't get one. Gigantimaxed form were in Gen 8, yet it took the DLC for Rillaboom, Cinderace and Inteleon to get theirs.

Terastal is available for everyone, but the starters didn't get something exclusive. Imagine if Meowscarada, Skeledirge and Quaquaval would have gotten Paragon forms dependin on the version, one being "prehistoric" and the other being "futuristic".

Meowscarada
  • Scarlet: Grass/Rock
  • Violet: Grass/Dark
Skeledirge
  • Scarlet: Fire/Ground
  • Violet: Fire/Ghost
Quaquaval
  • Scarlet: Water/Flying
  • Violet: Water/Fighting

MrJechgo

I feel like Terastal will not appear in the next games... or potential Gen 5 remakes for that matter...

What they should do is to keep Tera Blast, Shards and Orb, but that they make the Orb a held item that changes Tera Blast's type. If it's the new Hidden Power, I'll take it, because manually changing a Tera type sounds easier than hoping for the right metrics.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
It grinds my gears that you don't need the Incenses to breed baby Pokemon like Azurill anymore.
Some TMs in Scarlet/Violet are puzzling - Take Down should have been replaced with Double-Edge since they don't want to bring back Return.
There should have been Moss/Ice Rock and special magnetic field in Paldea instead of replacing them with stone evolutions.

Pokefan_1987

It grinds my gears that you don't need the Incenses to breed baby Pokemon like Azurill anymore.
Some TMs in Scarlet/Violet are puzzling - Take Down should have been replaced with Double-Edge since they don't want to bring back Return.
There should have been Moss/Ice Rock and special magnetic field in Paldea instead of replacing them with stone evolutions.
Similarly it's annoying to write down the ingredients for TM's you want before hunting for them before crafting and research where the pokemon live.

vondecayle

TM’s should’ve stayed unlimited.

Pokemon home not being compatible with Pokemon Scarlet/Violet from the beginning thus stopping me from using some pokemon I really wanted to use during my adventure, not after.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
Pokemon that keep using Confuse Ray and it makes it hard for your own Pokemon to attack without hurting itself. Seriously I was stuck on that Team Star Fairy boss because the car kept using Confuse Ray EVERY TIME when I am trying to attack but I keep hitting myself in confusion. I was so annoyed! If I just had a Pokemon with the ability "Own Tempo" this would be more easier.

MidnightHo-Oh

Out of curiosity... what are your personal reasons for these complaints?

Pokefan_1987

Pokemon that keep using Confuse Ray and it makes it hard for your own Pokemon to attack without hurting itself. Seriously I was stuck on that Team Star Fairy boss because the car kept using Confuse Ray EVERY TIME when I am trying to attack but I keep hitting myself in confusion. I was so annoyed! If I just had a Pokemon with the ability "Own Tempo" this would be more easier.
You could use Chesto Berry as a held item. I even used Honchckrow Swagger on my Skeledirge. Chesto Berry removes Confusion after Swagger. Swagger along with Torch Song and Fire Terastallize removes my ghost type weakness. (Skeledirge gets SP Atk boost with each use) This gave me a fast sweep of the Paldea Ghost gym.

As for Team Star Ortega i had Garchomp with Metal Claw and Terastallize Ground so the Fairy type didn't affect me.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
You could use Chesto Berry as a held item. I even used Honchckrow Swagger on my Skeledirge. Chesto Berry removes Confusion after Swagger. Swagger along with Torch Song and Fire Terastallize removes my ghost type weakness. (Skeledirge gets SP Atk boost with each use)

This gave me a fast sweep of the Paldea Ghost gym.
You mean Perism/Lum Berry? Chesto heals sleep.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Must have forgotten that the Chesto Berry was for the Team Star Ortega but for some reason he never used the Confuse Ray on me.
He used it a couple of times on me but Annihalape survived long enough to clobber the Star Mobile with Rage Fist and KO it.