• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Iron Bundle (Delibird in Violet) does not have the Present Move.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Out of curiosity... what are your personal reasons for these complaints?
Well, I've always thought having Pokemon evolve by leveling up at certain locations added more depth to the game world. The same goes for Eevee requiring at least two levels of affection to evolve into Sylveon. In fact, I thought there should have been a few more Pokemon requiring raised Affection and leveling up near Moss/Ice Rocks and special magnetic field to evolve, actually.
As for Incense breeding, I also think this adds more depth to the games, and Baby pokemon often have poor stats and movepools, so they aren't always fun to raise.

Last edited:

Luthor

Well, I've always thought having Pokemon evolve by leveling up at certain locations added more depth to the game world. The same goes for Eevee requiring at least two levels of affection to evolve into Sylveon. In fact, I thought there should have been a few more Pokemon requiring raised Affection and leveling up near Moss/Ice Rocks and special magnetic field to evolve, actually.
As for Incense breeding, I also think this adds more depth to the games, and Baby pokemon often have poor stats and movepools, so they aren't always fun to raise.

The curious thing is the gen they got rid of it with Gen 8 and Gen 9 the location based mechanic would work a lot better as in gen 8 you can put a Moss/Ice Rock anywhere in the wild area and in the gen 9 with more open world you could put it in most places as long as they are accessible. The problem with the Ice Rock was that it was often very late in the games. I did like the location based evolutions but I didn't mind the move to stone based evolutions (unless they make the stones hard to get like in gen 9 with the ice stones which can't be bought like fire stones). I quite enjoyed having the choice in LA where you can use both methods depending on what is the most convenient.

Flashyspark

A really minor thing but I hate how PC boxes work in HG/SS. The fact that you can't move multiple Pokemon at once even though D/P/PT allowed it is annoying.

Pokefan_1987

Dont know of this counts. But duplicates in TCG packs is annoying when trying to get the rare V cards. I have so many common
Chilling Reign cards. Inkay Rockruff, Sobble evolution line and bug types are so annoying.

I really want to find Blaziken VMAX and Volcanion V.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
In Scarlet and Violet there is literally no repels. I mean seriously why? They have been in EVERY SINGLE Mainline Pokemon game (even Let's Go Pikachu) Seriously I cannot tell you how many times I gotten into wild battles because the Pokemon don't leave me alone. Who at Game Freak thought it was a good idea to say "You know what repels are just being overused these days. Lets remove them" Scarlet and Violet might be good games but if there was one thing that annoyed the heck out of me was that there was no repels.

Pokefan_1987

In Scarlet and Violet there is literally no repels. I mean seriously why? They have been in EVERY SINGLE Mainline Pokemon game (even Let's Go Pikachu) Seriously I cannot tell you how many times I gotten into wild battles because the Pokemon don't leave me alone. Who at Game Freak thought it was a good idea to say "You know what repels are just being overused these days. Lets remove them" Scarlet and Violet might be good games but if there was one thing that annoyed the heck out of me was that there was no repels.
If you have unlocked the ability you can jump with Koraidon/Miraidon and jump over most encounters. I'm glad the Trainer battles are optional, since most of them don't have classic scaling, meaning some of them have insane levels if you take wrong path.
I ran into a level 40 trainer too early near the south east mountain coast/mountains. Even a cave had a level 40 Dunsparce's and Sableye's early on.

Luthor

When you go looking for a Pokemon in Scarlet & Violet. Finally find it and it ends up being a Zorua or a Ditto. I thought I'd finally found Toedscool and it ended up being a Zorua which isn't terrible but it was a bit frustrating at the time. Have since found many Toedscruel.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
If you have unlocked the ability you can jump with Koraidon/Miraidon and jump over most encounters. I'm glad the Trainer battles are optional, since most of them don't have classic scaling, meaning some of them have insane levels if you take wrong path.
I ran into a level 40 trainer too early near the south east mountain coast/mountains. Even a cave had a level 40 Dunsparce's and Sableye's early on.
But that doesn't excuse them from removing the repels. Even if you can avoid them by jumping it still doesn't change the fact that they removed the repels from the game. I hope they add them back in Gen 10 or whatever the next mainline Pokemon is.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Veluza is so annoying when trying to battle an outbreak in water.
They managed to make something more annoying and irritating than IoA Sharpedo.

That's.... Some commitment.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
They managed to make something more annoying and irritating than IoA Sharpedo.

That's.... Some commitment.

Yea, Quilfish in IoA are annoying too. Trying to get them off of my characters back, is a pain.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Let's stay on topic. This thread is for Pokemon related complaints. Not off topic ones. Thanks.