• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Yea, Quilfish in IoA are annoying too. Trying to get them off of my characters back, is a pain.
Didn't even know that, i rarely fished in the water. Now that i think about it there several water pokemon that i never finished (I sold my game to a fellow worker at the super market i worked at a few months ago. He also plays pokemon games sometimes)

Still the new mechanic is absurd that in Gen 9 you can get ambushed by very tiny pokemon in Gen 9 even ones you can hardly spot in time while riding. It's just the same thing as the charging pokemons in Sword/Shield.
There should be a new variant of repel that blocks encounters that you can see running at you or a pokemon ability that repels all types of wild attacks if it is your leading pokemon.

Last edited:

dementeddurian

Love Ball Lover
One of thing that bothers me about S/V is the lack of a TM for Attract.

The move is better during earlier meta-games in a Pokemon game's life-cycle and only five Pokemon lines in S/V get it.

I managed to get to Master Ball Rank in early Sword/Shield with an Attract team that was one of the best I ever used.

Plus, I love to use the move as a charmer sort of character.

Flashyspark

The fact that Gen 1 movesets were so terrible. I've been playing the virtual console Blue version all week and I had a whole team planned out in advance only to realise while playing the game that alot of my Pokemon were going to end up with bad movesets. Seriously why can't Dragonite learn Fly by TM in Gen 1 or any Flying moves at all? And why are Psychic types so overpowered?

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
The fact that Gen 1 movesets were so terrible. I've been playing the virtual console Blue version all week and I had a whole team planned out in advance only to realise while playing the game that alot of my Pokemon were going to end up with bad movesets. Seriously why can't Dragonite learn Fly by TM in Gen 1 or any Flying moves at all? And why are Psychic types so overpowered?
Psychic types were so overpowered because there were no Dark types in Gen 1, the only Ghost type moves in Gen 1 were Lick, Confuse Ray and Night Shade and the only Ghost/Poison types in Gen 1 were Gastly, Haunter and Gengar. The physical/special split wouldn’t happen until Generation 3.

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Tinkaton's attack stat is too low
^This. They wanted to offset Gigaton, but they were too successful. She needed a hold item to pump up that attack, ala Marowak.

Pokefan_1987

One of thing that bothers me about S/V is the lack of a TM for Attract.

The move is better during earlier meta-games in a Pokemon game's life-cycle and only five Pokemon lines in S/V get it.

I managed to get to Master Ball Rank in early Sword/Shield with an Attract team that was one of the best I ever used.

Plus, I love to use the move as a charmer sort of character.
Good riddance for that attack IMO. You can't break out of it easily and nothing can remove the effect except two abilities.
Whitney's Miltank is one of the most infamous early trainers that started the trend of troll combos with Attract and Milk Drink to prolong fights and surviving on 5 or 1 HP remaining.
Nothing is worse than "losing a turn" during offline battles because of a enemy like move or double team or fake-out, detect and protect.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Good riddance for that attack IMO. You can't break out of it easily and nothing can remove the effect except two abilities.
Whitney's Miltank is one of the most infamous early trainers that started the trend of troll combos with Attract and Milk Drink to prolong fights and surviving on 5 or 1 HP remaining.
Nothing is worse than "losing a turn" during offline battles because of a enemy like move or double team or fake-out, detect and protect.
I hate the Confusion status for pretty much the same reason as The Attract issue. Every time I get Confused, my Pokémon ends up hitting itself until it is close to being knocked out when it snaps out of it and then gets KO that same turn or it KO’s itself. But if I Confuse my opponent, the Confusion damage won’t happen to them more than twice and they can hit me all the time. Same with thing Paralysis. This is why I hate Supersonic, Confuse Ray, and Thunder Wave. I’m even more annoyed by the Zubat that know BOTH Confuse Ray and Supersonic in the wild.

Pokefan_1987

I hate the Confusion status for pretty much the same reason as The Attract issue. Every time I get Confused, my Pokémon ends up hitting itself until it is close to being knocked out when it snaps out of it and then gets KO that same turn or it KO’s itself. But if I Confuse my opponent, the Confusion damage won’t happen to them more than twice and they can hit me all the time. Same with thing Paralysis. This is why I hate Supersonic, Confuse Ray, and Thunder Wave. I’m even more annoyed by the Zubat that know BOTH Confuse Ray and Supersonic in the wild.
Confuse Ray... oh yes, Confusion The AI loves to spam those moves in pokemon games as well. Along with rampant use of Hypnosis and Toxic/Poisoned Status in the Let's Go games. Also the Kanto rivals love to spam Roost too..stalling the fights

Last edited:

Luthor

All the spider Pokemon are 2-stage Pokemon. We now have Ariados, Galvantula, Araquanaid & Spidops so its not like there's not a lot of options. Surely one spider line could be a 3 stage line and statwise all are under 500 so its not like a 3rd stage would make them too overpowered considering the strength of some of the other Pokemon that got additional evolutions.

Pokefan_1987

Didn't even know that, i rarely fished in the water. Now that i think about it there several water pokemon that i never finished (I sold my game to a fellow worker at the super market i worked at a few months ago. He also plays pokemon games sometimes)

Still the new mechanic is absurd that in Gen 9 you can get ambushed by very tiny pokemon in Gen 9 even ones you can hardly spot in time while riding. It's just the same thing as the charging pokemons in Sword/Shield.
There should be a new variant of repel that blocks encounters that you can see running at you or a pokemon ability that repels all types of wild attacks if it is your leading pokemon.
Remember that i mentioned this? Let's go Pikachu/Eevee actually gives you a perfect freedom with their version of repels where everything goes away since grass and water don't trigger encounters on their own. Why didn't they make this powerful repel available again in Gen 8 and 9?
I don't mind if would be expensive and called MEGA Repel?

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Pokémon Battle Revolution could have easily been a sequel to Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness with a completely new storyline, new set of characters and a different set of Shadow Pokemon.

Pokefan_1987

Pokémon Battle Revolution could have easily been a sequel to Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness with a completely new storyline, new set of characters and a different set of Shadow Pokemon.
That reminds me about how much a Switch port of pokemon Colisseum and XD Gale of Darkness as a collection pack.

Pokefan_1987

Every time i think about replaying Pokemon X... i always remember quite a few downsides holding it back.
-
- Kalos region as a whole is expensive
- Many TM's are cost A LOT, you practically feel like you need to
be a millionaire (since the kalos pokemon league has the lowest money payout in any region)
- Citizens of Lumiose being able to walk and access all of the Avenues, making the blackout look fake
- Serena game barely resembles her promotional artwork including no red hat, instead she just has a thin ponytail
- The game is heavily favors towards girls in terms of clothing items and you can't remove your hat as a clothing option
- Style ranking system the game doesn't teach you much about. (This includes getting lower prices requires or
a high enough rank to get the the Egg Hatching Power) :mad:
-
That was a quite a mouthful​

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Along with many other things about SV, Synchronize no longer having its overworld effect is the farthest the series has stepped back, ever. That was a godsend from IV on, and I’m just at a complete loss for why Game Freak removed it. Mints don’t change the coded nature, they only mask the individual’s. So breeding has become that much more difficult again. You have a 1/25 chance of getting the personality you’d like with every battle, whereas before SS it was 1/2 with a Synchronize lead. They even went full regalia in SS and just made it 100%, probably one of the best things those games ever did for the franchise. Just, why Game Freak, WHY?!

Also disappointed at the Water-type choices in SV. I’ve played Gyarados enough times, and I usually like to go with an arthropod or kooky invert like Kabutops, Kingler, Golisopod, Crawdaunt, etc. We get Clawitzer, but eh. Wugtrio and Pex are so-so in play-through, and Gastrodon has an annoying cry. I’ve never wanted a Water-type more than in these games.

Pokefan_1987

Along with many other things about SV, Synchronize no longer having its overworld effect is the farthest the series has stepped back, ever. That was a godsend from IV on, and I’m just at a complete loss for why Game Freak removed it. Mints don’t change the coded nature, they only mask the individual’s. So breeding has become that much more difficult again. You have a 1/25 chance of getting the personality you’d like with every battle, whereas before SS it was 1/2 with a Synchronize lead. They even went full regalia in SS and just made it 100%, probably one of the best things those games ever did for the franchise. Just, why Game Freak, WHY?!

Also disappointed at the Water-type choices in SV. I’ve played Gyarados enough times, and I usually like to go with an arthropod or kooky invert like Kabutops, Kingler, Golisopod, Crawdaunt, etc. We get Clawitzer, but eh. Wugtrio and Pex are so-so in play-through, and Gastrodon has an annoying cry. I’ve never wanted a Water-type more than in these games.
Why not Quaxly then as a main water type?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Tera Raids
I swear to God, if I get another useless Slowbro I'm throwing my Switch into the ****ing wall!

Pokefan_1987

Not being able to skip the mantyke surfing during my newest ultra sun playthrough. Im terrible with the combos :mad:

vondecayle

Non threatening “evil” teams.