• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that grind your gears!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
The fact you can say no in Pokemon games but it's a fake illusion of choice and the only real answer is "yes". I find this most annoying in the earlier generations where yes/no were basically the only things you could even answer with. Why even bother implementing it if the game forces you to say yes to everything anyway?

Also, "can't escape" is the most annoying thing in a Pokemon game it frustrates me to no end.

Timu

Also, "can't escape" is the most annoying thing in a Pokemon game it frustrates me to no end.
Oh that’s true, nothing like trying to get through a route in a hurry and being stopped by annoying pokemon when your team is half dead hehe. Memories!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Oh that’s true, nothing like trying to get through a route in a hurry and being stopped by annoying pokemon when your team is half dead hehe. Memories!
I think the old games had a similar problem. Many routes that have a lot of trainers and were 90% mandatory. They seem like they stalk players.
In Gen 6 and 7 games it even gets a warning effect (screen darkening) when you are close to a line of sight.
In Gen 9 you can FINALLY avoid trainers by having to initiate conversations first. This means if you remember where players had high level teams and can avoid them.
Both Level 28 pokemon trainers and wild level 40 pokemon can wreck you in the desert near the Water Gym which is a big example of difficulty spike. True it is actually intended to be the 4th gym after Iono but it is closer from the school after the bug and grass gyms.

And don't go after the dragon titan near Kofu's city that pokemon is level 50.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The scarcity of the Pixie Plate in BDSP (only underground).
I have thought of a careful constructed way to check each attempt for any type of plate.
I still don't have the Pixie Plate yet. With that said, I also don't like how the dig count only goes up to 999.

Staravia in trophy garden is just there to waste your time with Intimidate.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
The scarcity of the Pixie Plate in BDSP (only underground).
I have thought of a careful constructed way to check each attempt for any type of plate.
I still don't have the Pixie Plate yet. With that said, I also don't like how the dig count only goes up to 999.

Staravia in trophy garden is just there to waste your time with Intimidate.
This reminds me of the time when I ripped my game cartridge out when a wild Staravia came up in my game in the Trophy Garden when I was kid.

(Big mistake now my Pokemon Pearl is a scary glitchy mess).

Pokefan_1987

This reminds me of the time when I ripped my game cartridge out when a wild Staravia came up in my game in the Trophy Garden when I was kid.

Still it's not that expensive used compared to Platinum.

Pokefan_1987

Just did the Luvdisc for Steelix in XY... but Iron Tail is not a TM until Gen 8.
Thumper the Steelix is level 20 and they don't get Iron Tail until level 48 OOUUCH :mad:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Just did the Luvdisc for Steelix in XY... but Iron Tail is not a TM until Gen 8.
Thumper the Steelix is level 20 and they don't get Iron Tail until level 48 OOUUCH :mad:
You get Gyro Ball in Reflection Cave soon afterwards. Steelix is super slow so it'll be relatively strong.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

Reminds me when I absent-mindedly took at a Sapphire (?) pak out of my GBA, but it really didn't do anything to the game.
Last time I checked, it worked.

Pokefan_1987

You get Gyro Ball in Reflection Cave soon afterwards. Steelix is super slow so it'll be relatively strong.
I have that but finished most of the game including looker's sidestory. and have been doing a entire pokedex all the way including most gens.
Finishing the TM list is EXPENSIVE to put it mildly in both pokedollars and BP battle points

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Stealth rocks

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Reminds me when I absent-mindedly took at a Sapphire (?) pak out of my GBA, but it really didn't do anything to the game.
Last time I checked, it worked.
Could have just always been a faulty game cart, but I don't know.

I ripped out my GBA games while the game was still running, too, though. Big mistake, the freezing sound in the GBA games is awful.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Pokemon Sleep -_-

Pokefan_1987

Pokemon Sleep -_-
Yup Scarlet & Violet Tera Raid bosses that spam Yawn are so annoying when you wish to choose a combat item instead of a berry before the raid. I'm referring to the Clodsire with Water Terastalize form. It had Yawn, Poison Jab and Stockpile. It was a 4 star raid and that thing was just stupidly bulky.

It was a not even a post game raid
and neither my Thunder Punch Dragonite or my level 60 Eelektrik with Lum Berry equipped which should have been effective against water. I kept losing until the raid disappeared from the map.

Trey pokes

I'm glad sleep exists, but I'd be lying in saying that I don't really care for it now, when the other things from the presents exists.

MidnightHo-Oh

Yup Scarlet & Violet Tera Raid bosses that spam Yawn are so annoying when you wish to choose a combat item instead of a berry before the raid. I'm referring to the Clodsire with Water Terastalize form. It had Yawn, Poison Jab and Stockpile. It was a 4 star raid and that thing was just stupidly bulky.

It was a not even a post game raid
and neither my Thunder Punch Dragonite or my level 60 Eelektrik with Lum Berry equipped which should have been effective against water. I kept losing until the raid disappeared from the map.
Mate... they're talking about the app, Pokémon Sleep, not the status condition in the games

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Mate... they're talking about the app, Pokémon Sleep, not the status condition in the games
Even if the OP was talking about sleep, Tera Raid bosses that just spam Yawn really do grind my gears…

Pokefan_1987

Is it just me or should pokemon have gotten rid of the obedience restrictions along time ago? During my newest playthrough i caught wild Eelektross outside of Kofu's town (it was around 30-40 range) I had forgotten that Iono's Gym was the intended gym as number 3 in a playthrough by Gamefreak before Kofu.
Basically it was difficult to get it Eelektross to follow orders without it falling asleep which is one of the worst things that a disobedient pokemon does :mad:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Is it just me or should pokemon have gotten rid of the obedience restrictions along time ago? During my newest playthrough i caught wild Eelektross outside of Kofu's town (it was around 30-40 range) I had forgotten that Iono's Gym was the intended gym as number 3 in a playthrough by Gamefreak before Kofu.
Basically it was difficult to get it Eelektross to follow orders without it falling asleep which is one of the worst things that a disobedient pokemon does :mad:

Definitely. That sucks. I remember that happening in Pokemon Colosseum... only somehow the Pokemon attacked me. XD

Pokefan_1987

Definitely. That sucks. I remember that happening in Pokemon Colosseum... only somehow the Pokemon attacked me. XD
Only instances i ever know of pokemon actually injuring players is Legends Arceus which is bad if your pokemons are badly injured and your supply is low.
Only other instances i know about where a pokemon could be actually be attacking is because of the weird forced encounter mechanic.
It first appeared in Kalos caves as shadows that drop down and initiate a fight before you can choose run. (Repels don't work :mad:)
This was toned down in Gen 7 unless to if you were near bushes or a flying shadows.

The most annoying version is gen 8 though, now every pokemon can and will be likely to rush towards you to trigger a encounter. Sharpedo are a real pain in the dlc Isle of Armor when hunting down the Alolan Diglett on distant areas

Paldea is even worse since you can be accidentally trigger battles with tiny pokemons Flittle that can hardly be seen.