• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things That Make You Happy!

Raravian

Ditto Pimp
Pokemon feels like a safe place for me, it makes me happy in general. Specific aspects I like most are Grass-type Pokemon, exploring and collecting my favourites, trainer customization, secret bases, the Premier Ball and the Great Ball, Pokéathlon, Gym Leader Erika, Team Flare and Lysandre, Steven Stone, and Blue (rival), any Farfetch'd and its signature Stick, Apricorns, Berries and their Juice from the Juice Shoppe, evolutionary stones, Sprinklotad, the Johto Kimono Girls and the Johto Legendary Artefacts, Soothe Bell, Soul Dew, and my contest Sableye called Tisiphone.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Eevee and the Eeveelutions had always made me smile too. With Eevee having more evolution choices than any other Pokemon, it definitely has a lot of variety, making that smile. Because of this, in the games where you can obtain Eevee (found in wild without Poke Radar/DexNav or obtained from PC people), I obtain it, evolve it and use it as a team member.

Last edited:

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I've had a similar case but I am obsessed with Dragon types. For Omega Ruby, the only Dragon type I trained was Altaria because it was easy to level up and probably the most intriguing Dragon type. Normally I leave other Dragon types in the PC and I've trained Hydreigon, Dragonite, legendary Dragon types and Salamence in other games.

Dragon types had always made me happy as they are usually powerful. Altaria indeed has always made me happy because it had gotten me more into the Dragon type obsession.

Ikr, Altaria is just so prrrrrecious lol. Apparently there are many trainers who feel this way about one specific type.

In my case I guess it happened because of the way HMs work in-game. Fly is one of the most handy ones to have, so soon enough I learned that no matter which pokemon I wanted to train, I'd always need at least one flying type for my team to work in a playthrough. As a result, the flying-typed poke of the moment kinda became the "captain" of my team in my eyes. The one I just couldn't be without...

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ikr, Altaria is just so prrrrrecious lol. Apparently there are many trainers who feel this way about one specific type.

In my case I guess it happened because of the way HMs work in-game. Fly is one of the most handy ones to have, so soon enough I learned that no matter which pokemon I wanted to train, I'd always need at least one flying type for my team to work in a playthrough. As a result, the flying-typed poke of the moment kinda became the "captain" of my team in my eyes. The one I just couldn't be without...

Yea, my ORAS Altaria has Fly... but I still smile at literally how much powerful its Mega has become. Put Dragon Dance+Return (it should have max friendship) into its move slot and you'll see how powerful it will become.

Last edited:

Ascended Dialga

It makes me smile when I KO a powerful Pokémon with something most people wouldn't expect. Let's just say I run Counter on my Blissey.

Also, many things in ORAS make me happy. I think the redone music sounds phenomenal, I like being able to get every legendary that wasn't available in X and Y, I love being able to get both bikes and every single Mega Stone in existence*, the Delta Episode is great (being able to get Deoxys without an event is the icing on the cake), and DexNav and the detector mode are a breath of fresh air for the Pokémon-catching experience. On the whole, I think OR and AS are the most generous Pokémon games to date.

*All of the Mega Stones that could originally only be found in X or Y, but not both (such as Tyranitarite and Charizard and Mewtwo's Mega Stones), are available in both OR and AS.

Couple more:

- Getting lucky and finding a shiny, even if it's something as useless as a Magikarp (which, coincidentally, I did find in OR, the same game I found both shinies of Claydol and Mawile)

- I just watched the 15th(?) movie for the second time today, and that whole scene in the beginning with Keldeo training with the other swords of justice makes me really happy. :) Yeah, the movie in it's entirety is my favorite, but that scene alone really makes me feel good.

Ketaru

Not just nicknaming my Pokemon, but I love it when I get into a battle with another player who nicknames theirs. Those personal touches that further exhibit the diversity of our experiences.

Also love that Pokemon has been around for twenty years now. It has really legitimized itself as a cultural staple, and showed all those people who thought it would be a passing fad.

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
When after a week of trying, I finnaly get my perfect IVs and Evs done. And seeing what new legends there are for new games. :D

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
It makes me happy when I'm able to prove elitists wrong when they say this or that Pokémon is horrible.

It make me happy because that's one of the toughest tasks.

katl

Things that make me happy when it comes to pokemon? Managing to finally breed a perfect 5iv pokemon I've been working on, and even better when it is a 6iv.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Whenever my whole in-game team reaches Lv 100. There is definitely lots of effort in levelling up in later levels but I'm happy with my entire team being Lv 100 is because I don't have to do as much hard work in levelling up.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Pokemon XY in general. I found myself being greatly satisfied with all of the new things that they brought into the series, and appreciate the old stuff that was polished.

I feel similarly about the original Gen 3. Maybe even a little more due to the era.

Last edited:

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
What makes me happy is the fact that this thread is getting so many replies, and I'm sure it will be successful even with me gone.

Anyway on topic, it makes me happy that I am able to prove people that think Delphox is a terrible Pokémon wrong, it won't be easy, but that's my goal.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

Anyway on topic, it makes me happy that I am able to prove people that think Delphox is a terrible Pokémon wrong, it won't be easy, but that's my goal.
YES! What YOU just said here is one of the things that makes me happy. The Fennekin line is tied with the Chimchar line as my second favorite starter line behind the Tepig line. I am glad someone is able to prove that Delphox is a good pokemon.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Chain Breeding is something that's made me surprisingly happy, recently. I thought it would be daunting, but then I find myself with even more than what I set out for...I bred a Goomy for Acid Armor after chaining all the way from Muk -> Shellos -> Skrelp. So now I have Gastrodon and Dragalge with the moves too :3 Its actually kinda fun!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The fact that Mega Altaria is Dragon... and Fairy type. Two conflicting sides brought together by this one Mega.

Last edited: