• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things That Make You Happy!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The best part is that they didn't remove the old method for flying. In fact, they even updated it to allow you to fly to various routes, just like you can when you soar. Truly a tip of the hat to long-time fans of the series.

You can just do that using the Pokénav.

Another thing that makes me happy is that when my own Tyranitar survives a opponent Togekiss's Aura Sphere and KO's it with Stone Edge.

Flamer

this thread
Yeah, I'll agree there. I have a good number of shiny Pokemon, some from trades and some from the Pokeradar, but I always like getting a dumb luck one. Even that Pikachu in XY despite the fact I had the shiny Pichu event from 4th gen. (I think I may have been one of the first people to get a six gen shiny actually...)

I have mixed feelings from my random shiny encounters. I've found three in total, two Tentacool and a Kadabra. The first Tentacool was actually found by my brother on Silver, (he'd previously KOed the red Gyarados, but the shiny Tentacool more than made up for it), so whilst I loved that shiny Tentacool very much, I don't have particularly strong feelings about the actual encounter. The second I found very early on in Emerald. I barely had any Pokeballs, so was an extremely stressful encounter, but made it even sweeter when I was able to catch it :D That still remains the highlight of my Pokemon catching experiences.

If that was the highlight the Kadabra encounter was definitely my low point. Had been having a good day of trading on the GTS in Pearl when I found it, but having already used my Master Ball on Palkia earlier in the game it Teleported before I could do anything :( Since then I've always saved my Master Ball just in case, but that was not a thing that made me happy.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Whenever the odds are in favour in you in contrary to the hax in the Battle Maison or 'whatever'.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
You can just do that using the Pokénav.

Yeah, but it's a completely new addition to the series with these games. Not sure if you could do it in X and Y, but I know you couldn't do it in Fifth Gen. I absolutely love this addition, and it was a long time coming. There was no sense why I couldn't just land on a route as opposed to only in towns.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I look forward to the type combinations of different new pokemon every generation. Like the event pokemon, volcanion. I NEVER expected fire/water, and that looks awesome.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I look forward to the type combinations of different new pokemon every generation. Like the event pokemon, volcanion. I NEVER expected fire/water, and that looks awesome.

Dragon-Fairy was awesome, too. I also never expected that type combination.

DarkraiMiestro

something or other
Getting a shiny under odds, especially if the shiny is below 500 encounters on full odds.

Marsalevsky

Shiny Collector
When I finally caught my shiny Giratina (named Renegade). Storming the rest of the Hoenn postgame with my sparkly Lord of the Void is great.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That there was no item limit Gen 4 afterwards, removing the necessity to store items in the PC.

OptimusZygarde

Butterfly fanatic
Dragon-Fairy was awesome, too. I also never expected that type combination.

I'm hoping we get a Dragon/Fairy as a non-Mega in Gen 7, because I think that type combo is awesome. Same goes for Dragon/Electric and Dragon/Grass.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I'm hoping we get a Dragon/Fairy as a non-Mega in Gen 7, because I think that type combo is awesome. Same goes for Dragon/Electric and Dragon/Grass.

We do have Zekrom, but I'm sure you meant non-legend also.

There was a neat Dragon/Fairy concept someone tried to pass off as a leaked pseudo-legend for XY where the basic form was a large sized dragon and it got smaller but more powerful upon evolution.

Creyk

We need more varied types in general. We have dozens of Flying/Normal, Bug/Flying types while others are completely obsolete.
I'd love to see an ice bug, or a fire poison pokemon for example.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
We need more varied types in general. We have dozens of Flying/Normal, Bug/Flying types while others are completely obsolete.
I'd love to see an ice bug, or a fire poison pokemon for example.

Grass-Fire sounds good for something like this. Oxymoronic type combinations sounds cool.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Grass-Fire sounds good for something like this. Oxymoronic type combinations sounds cool.

I wish they had made Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist Grass/Fire. Such a wasted opportunity for a jack-o-lantern Pokemon. They just had to make two Grass/Ghost lines in the same generation.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

I was hoping that Druddigon was Dragon-Fighting, an unused type combo. It just sounds cool.

Last edited:

roserade the warrior

When I was breeding for a certain 5 IV spread smeargle that lasted for about 60 eggs, and then, BAM!, a shiny smeargle with the same exact 5 IVs I wanted. The wait was worth it xD!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That the Dragon types are still viable despite the introduction of Fairy types.