• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things That Make You Happy!

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I realized that there was one thing that makes me happy. No matter how many times I've played through this series, I can still start new playthroughs of the games, and use Pokémon that I've never once touched. For instance, my playthrough of Heart Gold is using almost entirely Pokémon that I never leveled before. I have leveled Blissey and Scizor, but never a Chansey or a Scyther. And the other four are all unique, as I have not touched any of them until now.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
When I'm getting several critical hits in consecutive turns.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Getting a shiny Gible with Iron Tail was something that made me happy. Getting the shiny charm in White 2 was pretty cool as well.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Shiny Pokémon events make me happy because they're so special, especially Legendaries.

Mr.FusRoDah

That in 2015 there are 720 available Pokémon, most of which can be shiny, the fact that most in which can have multiple abilities, alongside mega evolution, and the franchise's future looks promising enough for there to be future generations. I love the diversity in the Pokémon world.

Last edited:

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
That in 2015 there are 720 available Pokémon, most of which can be shiny, the fact that most in which can have multiple abilities, alongside mega evolution, and the franchise's future looks promising enough for there to be future generations. I love the diversity in the Pokémon world.

Yeah that's one of the best things about the franchise.

Grei

not the color
I love several key music tracks. Each game has a handful of tracks that are gorgeously written. Sinnoh and Unova in particular have magnificent soundtracks.

The 3D overworld and battles in XY and ORAS make me happy. DPPt, HGSS, BW, and B2W2 were so much more engaging than any of the games before them thanks to their pseudo-3D presentation, but X and Y absolutely nailed it. The world is rich and visually stunning, and it legitimately feels like its own universe, and battles are engaging now that they feel more real.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

I actually like how this makes competitive battling unpredictable nowdays.

Asides from obvious things such as finding an elusive (not as elusive now though) Shiny Pokemon, one thing in Pokemon that makes me happy is actually breeding a good competitive Pokemon.
I know in 6th Gen with the destiny knot and 100% everstone nature mechanics it has became a lot easier, but still, theres nothing better seeing your own bred Pokemon demolishing all the hacked shinies on Wi-fi :D

Disclaimer: I dont have a problem with anyone who hacks for a Pokemon sometimes hidden powers etc. are difficult to get

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm sure it's been said before, and so, what makes me happy is that whenever I get a 6 perfect IV Pokémon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The ability to get Mew in Ranch because you didn't really have limited time to obtain it but pretty much until they shut down the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection servers.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Listening to the themes, battle themes, etc. from the games. Also playing on Amie with one of my favorite Pokemon. It actually makes me smile when they are making all those happy faces when petted.

Also when the battle is so intense there's little HP to either or both Pokemon and I end up winning. Fist pump all the way out of the gym and to the Center!!! :D... or you know, some really tough opponent *^*

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Whenever an event Pokémon is available more than once in my region.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Finally caught that Groudon in Shuffle Mobile. Such a pain to beat that stage too. Took 2 Great Balls to catch it but it was worth it. Then proceeded to retry the Charizard Y stage to improve my ranking and not only beat my old score but jumped up from over 90000 to just over 43000. It's just a shame that the scoreboards are full of hackers cheating their scores.

HM02gon

Waiting...
Getting 2 Ice Arceuses in Rumble World despite only begin level 49. This guy who I got from the internet was offering to go to the Arceus place for only 1 diamond, so I went. Twice. And caught Arceus both times.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Getting the Gold Symbols from all of the Frontier Brains.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I love Pokémon, it's kind of a problem. Every generations bring a new surprise, but a consistent theme. Raising, battling, caring for these creatures. I enjoy the 8 gym leaders, an evil team, a new map, new Pokémon, new adventures. Event Pokémon, legendarily, mythical, and all that are not. I just adore these little creatures.