• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things That Make You Happy!

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Pokemon Colosseum's soundtrack :3

Serene Havoc

Getting 5 iv jirachi from the current event.
It's a neutral nature but I still feel lucky :)

Ga|2y

unReal™ Explorer
Coming back to play Pokemon games after couple years of brake :)
Feels pretty good, although there are so many stuff to learn again...

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
The 20th anniversary Mythical events make me happy because I can revisit old events that haven't been distributed for 5 years.

Especially a Jirachi for each cart over Wi-Fi! Last distribution (outside of Japan) was sometime around 2011, I believe. I'm not looking forward to the GameStop Darkrai ones though, Mew was hard enough because of all the scalping.

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
Snowbelle City background music. It's the only thing that drains my 3DS battery for a few days already. I don't even know why I only liked this music now after three re-runs of the game.

Pokemon Amie is just so cute, whenever I do casual playthroughs it always brings a smile to my face.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Ash owning a Noivern is pretty neat. Catching Deoxys in ORAS and going to Southern Island during the story is great. Getting Eon Ticket is awesome.

Burnsyboi317

Why I love Pokemon

The reason I love Pokemon is because it is a game about happiness. It is about overcoming obstacles with positivity teamwork and friendship. It is about befriending and being kind to animals and people and trying to understand the world through interaction. As someone who values the lives of all living creatures the idea of creating a bond that transcends anything we know in this world with another species is such a special idea. To me Pokemon is exactly the opposite of what it is accused of being. Instead of being a game about pitting animals against each other it is a story about man and animal coming together to have fun, learn, love and live together. The softness and tenderness of the anime art style perfectly protects the world of Pokemon from any taint or evil. The bad guys are all softies in the end, they never win and the world is as it should be. Adventure and finding what you love to do in the world is the goal and you do so along side Pokemon. We do not use Pokemon but work beside them. It is about companionship. The center of the human world is Pokemon and the center of the Pokemon world is humans. Human beings with their unique brain power are fascinated by the mystery of Pokemon and enchanted by their inherent kindness and good. To step into this world is one of the most transcending experiences. It is not to say i have lost touch with reality but that is why 15 years after playing Pokemon for the first time I return year after year to this world both the show and the games. Call me cheesy if you want.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Hey there, Burnsyboi317 - welcome to the forums. I merged your thread with this existing 'share your reasons why why you like Pokemon' thread, just to keep it in the one place.

Ashton Ketchum

Ash's victory in Kalos League, Happy End for AmourShipping, and new main protagonist for every season like in games.

HNREII98

Wondering Trainer
Strangely enough, I've grown up with the franchise and always loved reading info on Pokemon and the reasons for their designs, character studies and so on. Yet, for some reason I never considered Pokemon to be one of my most favorite hobbies, I mean , I didn't really notice until a friend of mine was shocked to hear that my favorite game wasn't Pokemon related, with how much I talk about it and all. Then I started thinking about it more in that sense. Which is what led me here.

I'm not much of a competitive player, and not much of a shiny hunter either. But I guess that's what makes me happy about the franchise, researching things of the topic for fun. I enjoy reading into the lore that the fictional world of Pokemon brings to the table. this way it's not just a game, but a lot more than that.

Last edited:

HNREII98

Wondering Trainer
The DP season of the TV Show. I still get a kick out of it.

I relate to this so much. The Diamond and Pearl series was one of the longest in the anime I believe, and something about the theme song We Will Be Heroes has always stuck with me, I just absolutely loved the beginning of it most, and even though the full song was pretty short.

"On a road, far from home,
you don't have to feel alone.
Brave and strong together we will be.
It's our destiny!"

Oh, the nostalgia... A part of me wants to ask that they just keep the theme song altogether, but everything runs it's course. Sorry, about the random rant, I just needed to express how much I related.

I just found out contest stats can actually travel all the way from Platinum to ORAS. Now to win the beauty contests again with Cherrim ^_^

Vinnythebro

The legendaries are the main stars of the show for me. They are just so majestic and the buildup is too good.

Kiraush

Aww yee! Finally got my Ageto Celebi

It's by no means near perfect, not even all that good, but it's mine finally! :D

Uncloned, Ageto Celebi.

IVs: 31, 5-6, 15, 15, 1, 6

Timid Nature

Definitely isn't intended to be used competitively and wont be, just wanted one for a long time.

Was slightly trained, so I trained it up to 100 and gave it even Defense/Sp.Defense through EVs and tossed the rest into max HP and some speed.

252 HP / 140 SDef / 84 Def / 32 Spd

Was hunting off and on for about a year to find one that could come from a reliable source to be uncloned, and finally got her! :3

Attachments

• MPvr1nm.jpg
    MPvr1nm.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Congrats, Kiraush! Heard that one was hard to find.

I merged your thread with the existing one we have to celebrate things about Pokemon that make us happy, jsyk.

Kiraush

Congrats, Kiraush! Heard that one was hard to find.

I merged your thread with the existing one we have to celebrate things about Pokemon that make us happy, jsyk.

I had assumed posting it on it's own wasn't the right way to go, I just couldn't find a forum I felt it would go better in.
Didn't think to look for a thread though!
Thank you.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
Well, I hatched a Fennekin today. Six IV's, and Female. My happiness knows no bounds. I'm raising it to be an Eviloite Braixen...Why, because I already have a competitive Delphox, and I'm a big fan of NFE Pokemon. Like Wartortle, Haunter, Klang, and Lairon.

Last edited:
Hello mew member (hehe get it) but have been using the site for years. Thing that makes me most happy is the fact I can catch Abra early on in most of the games and have Alakazam by lvl 16. Best/worst part of playing red again is finding/catching that little teleporter.