• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that upset you (in general)

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Youtube's Ad-Block ban. I'm not planning to join their premium to stop getting ads.

DAMN THIS COMMERCIAL CRAP.
THE HERO WARS ARE SOME OF THE MOST COMMON ADS HAPPENING AND THEY LIE ABOUT GAMEPLAY. SOME OF THEM ARE DISGUSTING
SUCH AS THE WOMAN THAT HAS A GIANT WORM EATING MEN OR THE TROLL WOMAN USING MAGIC SPIT GIVE STRENGTH OR KILL THE MEN.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yea it's annoying. I'm just using the app. Still ads, but I do my best to skip them.

‐-------------

Cashiers at a store trying to screw customers over. Caught one red handed today.

They had to rescan groceries when misscanning them. They rang up store brand bottled water that was on sale as name brand and scanned chips as the large version of them. Thankfully with the latter, got the sale price.

Was miffed to say the least tho.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
On the subject of retail, upsets me when certain stores are really pushy about selling you their membership program, magazine subscriptions, warranty plans, etc. GameStop, Books a Million, and FYE in particular are terrible about this, and it makes me not even want shop at those locations these days. Even worse, a lot of people's jobs are dependent on how much of this BS they can sell. I don't blame the employees at all, but I do blame corporate.

Pokefan_1987

Cashiers at a store trying to screw customers over. Caught one red handed today.

They had to rescan groceries when misscanning them. They rang up store brand bottled water that was on sale as name brand and scanned chips as the large version of them. Thankfully with the latter, got the sale price.

Was miffed to say the least tho.
This is why i use item scanners planted in stores (it shows the product price and if it is the same price from discount offers) and only use self check-out services if i'm not using paper-money/coins. I can easily read the product on the checkout screen to be sure.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
This is why i use item scanners planted in stores (it shows the product price and if it is the same price from discount offers) and only use self check-out services if i'm not using paper-money/coins. I can easily read the product on the checkout screen to be sure.

Yea it's nice when stores have those. Sadly, the one I was at, doesn't have an item scanner anymore. But the price was advertised for the chips.

As for self scanning, it would have been hard to do for the bottled water.

srebak

Beginning Trainer
I’ll come right to the point and say that I’m the type of person who wants to be able to enjoy the holidays, anniversaries and special occasions that occur within the year. Whether it’s by showing the proper respect for days like MLK day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth or Veterans Day, or by recognizing the cultural significance and appeal of occasions like Chinese New Year, Black History Month, Passover, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa (even though I don’t necessarily observe some of those events), I don’t like letting a holiday or special occasion go by without doing something in acknowledgment of it. Heck, I can’t even get over missing out on events like the specific anniversaries of certain TV shows or well known characters. I can never allow myself to miss out on Star Wars Day and it bothers me to a certain extent when I don’t know about certain occasions that acknowledge certain animals in the world. And it especially doesn’t fly if I know that I missed out on a special milestone birthday for a family member.

Bottom line, though; I can most definitely never allow myself to miss out completely on any of big holidays that were important to me growing up. Chief among them being; Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. But, even though I’ve tried to get my tree and decorations up and done quickly this year and get a good start on my yearly holiday themed media marathon, and have even bought some Christmas cards, Christmas treats, a gift for a family member and some hot cocoa packs, it still doesn’t feel like I’ve done enough for the season this year. Which is bad because, at this point; it is December 11th, which means that there are only 13 days left until Christmas Eve, and because I’ve taken too many breaks from it and have been delayed by a few bathroom related matters (no further details than that), some invasive thoughts and moments where some old holiday season wounds were reopened; I’m still only on round one of my yearly holiday themed media marathon. Plus, I feel the need to show some acknowledgment and respect for the holiday of Hanukkah, even though I don’t really observe the custom, which is why I watched at least three different forms of Hanukkah related media on the first day. But with Hanukkah almost at an end, I still don’t feel like I’ve done enough

Does anyone have anything to say or suggest about all of this?

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
When people start an argument with “I don’t understand why people think/like/dislike this or that” when the subject their talking about has been discussed to death.

They either lack reading comprehension, can’t read or willfully choose to ignore what has been said about the matter.

Pokefan_1987

My psn account was used to buy a 12 month subscription unintentionally and my bank can't directly refund it. i had it set dor automatic renewal.

Now i have to wait 5 days for a refund. I have disconnected it from console and Sony arent getting a single dime if the refund isn't made :mad: :mad:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I really don’t like how ableism is a bad thing to portray in the media towards anyone with disabilites unless it’s towards autism. That is just wrong! All forms of ableism is wrong and should not be considered to be acceptable no matter what. So it’s okay to tell people with autism that they aren’t “normal” and should act a certain way but it is completely inappropriate to tell a blind kid that he isn’t normal because he can’t see? I keep seeing comments on YouTube saying how autism is “bad” and something that people are better off not having and no parents hope their kids have it. Yeah? Cancer is also something no one wants to have and yet cancer patients get far more sympathy and encouragement than autistic kids might never get or get very rarely their entire lives.

Pokefan_1987

Spilled soda.

Designing my pokemon decks and getting these issues.
1= One of my main cards is stuck with having japanese text (you can't use that language in tournaments here)
2= Having to looks through all of my tins and drawers where one of my cards might be (my room is often very scattered, driving me mad)
3= Having to think about cards to compensate for any that i don't own if im following a list
4= Losing count about what number i was on (GETTING INTERRUPTED IS 2x WORSE)

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Samsung's internet browser. It gets way too big.