• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that upset you (in general)

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
Yeah these other possibly terminal conditions have pretty obvious physical symptoms that allow diagnosis but the autistic symptoms are much less obvious and are much less understood because of it. It just annoys me that those on the spectrum are misunderstood because of that.
At least the society is more allowing of people with HFA to develop their special interests than in the past, although they still often end up getting bashed about their weaknesses. I understand people would worry they would end up taking care of a LFA child for the rest of their lives but if someone wants to make children, they gotta think of risks never knowing what they're gonna get and if they get children, it's their responsibility as parents to love them regardless. Nowadays people can accuse anything about anything, which is indeed frustrating, especially because vaccines are more like an excuse.
Psychopaths are way more harmful than people within autism spectrum and nobody wants to prevent them from existing or develop a way (although inhumane?) to enable empathy in their brain to prevent that pathological harmful behavior towards everyone else.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
At least the society is more allowing of people with HFA to develop their special interests than in the past, although they still often end up getting bashed about their weaknesses. I understand people would worry they would end up taking care of a LFA child for the rest of their lives but if someone wants to make children, they gotta think of risks never knowing what they're gonna get and if they get children, it's their responsibility as parents to love them regardless. Nowadays people can accuse anything about anything, which is indeed frustrating.
Psychopaths are way more harmful than people within autism spectrum and nobody wants to prevent them from existing or develop a way (although inhumane?) to enable empathy in their brain to prevent that pathological harmful behavior towards everyone else.
Yeah it's great to see those with Asperger's and on the high functioning end get more recognition these days although it's still worrying these people are at risk of becoming neglected in society of their social anxiety. Even to the point it can be used as a joke by some just because something behaves outside of their perception of natural order. These can be harmful to the mental wellbeing of those on the spectrum, and even offensive, considering that it limits their social capabilities and that there is currently no known cure for it, alongside with many genetic conditions and terminal conditions. It's just upsetting, and ultimately, utterly disgusting, that anyone, particularly those that are not on the spectrum, could use autism as a joke for literally anything.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Yeah it's great to see those with Asperger's and on the high functioning end get more recognition these days although it's still worrying these people are at risk of becoming neglected in society of their social anxiety. Even to the point it can be used as a joke by some just because something behaves outside of their perception of natural order. These can be harmful to the mental wellbeing of those on the spectrum, and even offensive, considering that it limits their social capabilities and that there is currently no known cure for it, alongside with many genetic conditions and terminal conditions. It's just upsetting, and ultimately, utterly disgusting, that anyone, particularly those that are not on the spectrum, could use autism as a joke for literally anything.
One of my main reasons I want to try and get onto Rupaul’s Drag Race is to represent people who have Asperger’s and high functioning autism and be a positive role model and show the general public that having autism isn’t necessarily a bad thing and to encourage kids like me that they can do great things and never let others tell them what they can and cannot do and limit what they do in life. I’d also spread awareness of the dangers anti-vaxers are causing and call them out publicly for being horribly selfish parents who only care about themselves and not their children and other people’s children’s well being because “autism is so horrible.” I’d really do that because those parents make me mad and if they have any kids that died from a disease that was completely preventable by a vaccine and they refused to vaccinate their kid then I don’t think they deserve any sympathy nor be allowed to have any more kids. They failed miserably on all levels of parenting. A parent’s job is to protect your kids and keep them safe and healthy AND alive and you couldn’t do that. What makes you think these parents won’t virtually kill the ne t one the same way?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
One of my main reasons I want to try and get onto Rupaul’s Drag Race is to represent people who have Asperger’s and high functioning autism and be a positive role model and show the general public that having autism isn’t necessarily a bad thing and to encourage kids like me that they can do great things and never let others tell them what they can and cannot do and limit what they do in life. I’d also spread awareness of the dangers anti-vaxers are causing and call them out publicly for being horribly selfish parents who only care about themselves and not their children and other people’s children’s well being because “autism is so horrible.” I’d really do that because those parents make me mad and if they have any kids that died from a disease that was completely preventable by a vaccine and they refused to vaccinate their kid then I don’t think they deserve any sympathy nor be allowed to have any more kids. They failed miserably on all levels of parenting. A parent’s job is to protect your kids and keep them safe and healthy AND alive and you couldn’t do that. What makes you think these parents won’t virtually kill the ne t one the same way?
Well the thing is just because of the conditions of their kids there are some parents who believe they are so much of a failure to the point they do not accept the challenge of raising their ASD kid. That is simply wimping out from the situation and it further harms their development because of negligence in the responsiblity of the parents. It will also worsen the mental state of the ASD child and serious consequences can happen. It’s horrible that we have parents that are like that living on this very Earth today. The very same goes for the anti-vaxxer parents. Why would anyone be stupid enough to risk their child to a potentially fatal disease that could be prevented by a vaccine? Vaccines have gone as far as to essentially eradicate polio in the developed world. These people should definitely go back to basics in science education.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
These can be harmful to the mental wellbeing of those on the spectrum, and even offensive, considering that it limits their social capabilities and that there is currently no known cure for it, alongside with many genetic conditions and terminal conditions.
But since most people within autism spectrum aren't really harmful but just find unable to fit into the "standard" which the neurotypical society sets, I don't think their difference is something that even should be cured. As an introverted person, I've found myself preferring friends with aspergers over neurotypicals sometimes, much because they are more honest and loyal and there's no tiresome social games with them. Let them just shine their own way.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
But since most people within autism spectrum aren't really harmful but just find unable to fit into the "standard" which the neurotypical society sets, I don't think their difference is something that even should be cured. As an introverted person, I've found myself preferring friends with aspergers over neurotypicals sometimes, much because they are more honest and loyal and there's no tiresome social games with them. Let them just shine their own way.
I was actually misdiagnosed as having ADHD for years as well as OCD but the only thing OCD about me was that I refuse to turn on light during the day if it is daylight outside. I learned to adjust with having Asperger’s and it really isn’t that bad. I just avoid balloons because the noise they make when they pop makes me freak out. Most people don’t even know that I have Asperger’s when they first meet me.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I was actually misdiagnosed as having ADHD for years as well as OCD but the only thing OCD about me was that I refuse to turn on light during the day if it is daylight outside. I learned to adjust with having Asperger’s and it really isn’t that bad. I just avoid balloons because the noise they make when they pop makes me freak out. Most people don’t even know that I have Asperger’s when they first meet me.

I was misdiagnosed with ADHD myself, and went seven years believing I had it. Turns out I have chronic paranoia and possibly PTSD. I haven't been fully evaluated for the latter, though.

My point is, I completely understand the hellish frustration with misdiagnosis, and I am just glad psychological study has improved over the last 20 years, so less kids (and adults) will have to deal with that mess.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well I am aware that those on the spectrum have a lot of hidden potential people just don’t recognise. What I meant there was that there will be some of the higher functioning people will have a mental capacity to think that their condition is being targeted by some other jerk due to their cognitive differences with others. And they wouldn’t be as capable themselves to tell the jerk to stop as part of their social anxiety. To be honest here I’m very introverted and I’m not too much of a fan of these social games because I find them so cringy sometimes. I agree that having ASD will have its benefits like increased intelligence. Even the creator of Pokémon has ASD and it isn’t just a franchise that we all embrace together and also a world phenomenon that wouldn’t exist. Even this forum wouldn’t exist without him.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
People being critical/discriminatory of those who nearly-if-not need government/public assistance. Those who aren't abusing the system or just purely being lazy, that is.

Among my other issues, what's probably most of note is that I recently got diagnosed with ADD, and may be on social security and/or some other sort of public assistance soon. I'm not even going to college full-time this coming semester (3 classes), but I can't reasonably manage a job and classes at the same time (not without affecting at least my mental health and classwork, unless maybe I found a weekend only one), and can't seem to find even a regular part-time job (don't live in a big city, and every job I have had has been temporary hire/help, or for events).
I just live with my mother and while she makes enough to support us both even working regular shifts and from her pension, she's about to retire in a year or two roughly, which means bye-bye my dental and eyeglass benefits I got from her job. Plus while there's a pension, it's not as much as you'd get actively working at the job. While even without me getting assistance wouldn't mean we'd, say, run the risk of losing our house or not having money for emergencies, it'd be kinda pushing the envelope, and we'd have to majorly cut back on some things, if we were to just have her pension support us, with me currently still trying to get at least my Associate's degree, my health needs, hers, our cat, etc. etc.. Maybe it won't be forever (not that there's shame if so for anyone), but I/we could really use it at the moment.

I guess the way it's often proposed how government assistance helps those often made/makes me/others think that it's supposed to only help the worst-case scenario people, those who are too mentally/physically disabled to work, or sadly can't easily, if escape poverty. It's honestly only recently-enough that I've realized generally better-off people can need or use it too, rightfully so.

TLDR people making fun of those using/needing government assistance in a proper way isn't cool. I may need it myself soon.

You can probably tell that by college being a concern that I live in America.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
What upsets me the most is my incompetence and laziness in my studies. I am a student in Law University and I am third year currently. I am 23 year old and I should've finished it this year. Yet it seems I will expand it to 2019 and 2020 even likely. So,I'd be 25 when finished and all of my peers would be working at that time(lawyers or something)(some even do right now).I am not alone here I have friends who have same problem( and few are worse than me), but it grinds my gears that I will be 25 when I finish college/university.It gives me a depression and fretfulness which would affect my health. What kinda dumbs them down is when I was on lectures, some lawyer was a lecturer and he said he studied university for 12 years, he finished when he was 32 and he's now 50. He works as a lawyer( aka good salary).So, logically if he finished it when he was 32 and he's in good position, I will finish it when I am 25,so based on that I am on even better position. So back on point I am demotivated probably because I don't travel a lot and I love travelling. I am always visiting one country and once (in 2015) I visited two more countries. Some of my friends every year go to different country and I am stuck in same sh*thole, I think that's what causes inability to focus on studies and to pass like 8-9 exams and not 2-3( this year I passed 4 exams and I have 13 subjects...)I still have 3 subjects more next week and overweek, so I still have time to prepare.So, my worst reason why I don't do to exams is because I feel unprepared. If book is like 200 pages, I learn 100 pages perfectly but I don't go because I have fear,professor will ask me other 100 pages I didn't learn and if I fail 3 times I must pay for 4th time.That is all due working habit. I don't have one. I had one last year, but this year? No. 2016 was also sh*t year for me because of professors, this year - it's my fault 100%. 2017 was good year. That's why I need to get my working habit on - I need to master it. Like there's SSJ for Goku, there is MSSJ( mastered SSJ).I got imperfect WH(working habit) in 2017 but it fell off when I entered 3rd year. As of tomorrow, I solemnly swear that I will be studying everyday instead of studying last 10 days before exam(no wonder I fail or don't go).By studying everyday 2-3 hours I will build up my WH and probably return to 2017 myself( Imperfect WH) by early 2019. And mid-2019 I will master it.Because when I master it, everything will go smoothly and my brain would be saying: "you must study, you must study", as laziness would 100% go away in studying department. I just fear laziness would be there in physical department and I would be fat as f*ck. I will look into that too.

pikanewb

WiteMic
Hate. We are all guilty of it. I hate hate. racism, homophobia, sexism, colorism, etc. I can't understand any of it. It makes no sense to me. You hate someone because they have melanin in their skin? You made that guy like penis? You're mad at that girl because she's lightskin? She can't have the job because her vagina? That person's religion pisses you off why? It has never made sense to me.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
This one is game related. I'm really tired of timed quests in games. They stress me out a bit. Did one in Yo Kai Watch that made me get tired of the game.

Polite code phrases people use to masque the fact that they're being a douche.

Exhibit A) If you've ever seen the words "Please have a healthy lifestyle" or "I would like someone who takes care of their body" on a dating profile, everyone with a lick of sense knows that just means "no fatties"

Like, it's cool. We're young, we can still afford to be shallow, but don't dress it up as something more noble than what it is. Geez.

Also, anyone that says "No offense, but.." If you have to preface your statement with "No offense" you instinctively know that there's a good chance your statement may cause offense irrespective of your meaningless disclaimer, so why say it? 9/10 when people spew this line they end up saying something that's extremely rude no matter how you interpret it. When I hear it, I translate it to mean "Can I have a douchebag out of jail free card?"

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I just want to vent just a little bit.

Why is it saying you're straight, gay, or trans is totally fine, but saying you're bi is "OHMYGODWHATHOWWHYTHATSWEIRDNAHYOUREGAYYOUSURETHOUGHWTFWOW"? Like, jeez. Bi folks exist! Take a freakin' chill pill. I know it's mostly because I'm a dude, but what I don't get is why these a-holes ask and then get all shocked when I answer. If you didn't wanna know why the hell did you ask??? It's seriously not a big deal. Some folks are bi. Get the f*** over it. It's 2018, for Pete's sake!

/endrant

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
It's not really upset, more like irritating that people do something what I call bullshittery, people who excessively curse too much or talk big in order to pretend to be like this tough badass in order to mask their own flaws, personalities or trying to make a point. Although it is understandable if they are just joking around or simply going with the flow.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
It's not really upset, more like irritating that people do something what I call bullshittery, people who excessively curse too much or talk big in order to pretend to be like this tough badass in order to mask their own flaws, personalities or trying to make a point. Although it is understandable if they are just joking around or simply going with the flow.
Yeah, they usually just make themselves seem immature and fake. However some people who are possibly raised into typical "good guys/gals" might also be trying to learn how to grow into more tough and badass person but aren't quite sure how to do it properly. And they take the risk of not pleasing everyone regardless. Might be because they look up to those types of people or because they're insecure due to fear of getting abused - not all people are benevolent, but you can't control how they are, yet you can still control yourself. Who wants to stay the same through their lives?

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I know this is mostly like serious personal stuff but honestly I hate mayonnaise, it upsets me.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
When roleplay partners flat out ghost.
Especially when they're good ones; Just say you don't want to continue the rp anymore....

"But you don't roleplay" Not here; It's just group rps from what I understand, and I like being unchained. Not 'edgy dark' but more mature

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
When roleplay partners flat out ghost.
Especially when they're good ones; Just say you don't want to continue the rp anymore....

"But you don't roleplay" Not here; It's just group rps from what I understand, and I like being unchained. Not 'edgy dark' but more mature

Damn my feelings exactly.

Another thing related to this is when you are in a place dedicated to RP specificly, and since your old RP buddies are gone, you try gathering new ones... but then you notice the group you have gathered connects with each other, yet leaves you out. You try to approach few people individually and ask if they want to RP with you, but it always ends up with avoidance. The more I push and ask again, I'm starting to feel that I come off as if I'm trying to oblige them to RP with me instead of wanting to ask whether they want to RP with you or not, and if not, why is that? If you want to talk about it with the whole group and express you feel being left out, it's instantly labeled as drama instead of expressing how you feel in order to have the issue solved with them. At some point you even might ask yourself if something in your behavior resulted in this or if one of those people is covertly toxic and they are subtly trying to "steal" your group after all that effort you put in gathering those people. Being in this situation, I dunno if I should just respect those people's different preferences of RP buddies and withdraw (disregarding all the effort I put in) or should I just play dirty to find out the truth (fighting to reap rewards of my effort), even if it possibly hurt some of those people.

Doesn't help that it brings up some old painful memories of social rejection, being an adult and still asking yourself like a child: "what's wrong with me - why do they always choose someone else over me? Why can't anyone be loyal and constant?"