• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that upset you (in general)

M.E.R.255

Triangle Face
There is already a topic about Things that grind your gears!, but that's Pokémon related.

To not confuse the topic with that one, I named this one slightly different (it may sound blander, but hope it still does its job).

Also I feel like this can be about things that upset you not just by being rage-inducing, but also making you feel bad, sad, or uncomfortable.

So... what's on your mind?

Let me start with something simple. ^^

I love animals, and it bothers me how my neighbor has a young German shepherd attached to a string in the front yard. He has aaaaall that space in the back, with beautiful scenery, but no, a rope that's 12 foot long, that's all she gets. Heck, I have never even seen him take her out for a walk, or play fetch with her. No wonder why she's barking so much and seems so upset... Poor thing...

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
  • Any form of discrimination
  • People fighting
  • Wars
  • Animals being abused, hunted or neglected
  • Gun/knife violence
  • Terrorism
  • Bullies
  • Death
  • Poverty

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
-Even though I'm far from being a perfectionist, I've had it nailed down in my head that my work ethic reflects me as a character (plus years of my dad wanting me to strive for perfection) so when I make a small mistake or someone makes a remark about say, the temperature of the freezer is not the right temperature, I overthink and worry to the point where I fantasize of the worst things happening, almost convincing myself that it'll happen but most of the time, it doesn't and I hate myself for getting worked up about it earlier. A mix of people pleasing and perfectionism is a terrible combo. @_@

-Racism & bullying is always a sensitive topic that I feel should be discussed in a certain way (like recognizing that everyone's appearance is different and there's nothing wrong with that. Don't bash their race, bash their actions) but what gets me even more upset are people who make up their own stories of racism or better yet, take anything a person of a different race says to them and take it out of context to make it sound like they're being discriminated against. As well as people who embrace their own stereotypes... ugh.

-People who get overly upset when someone disagrees with them (I'm talking about straight up name calling and harassment) and can't distinguish between constructive criticism and bashing.

-Stalkers, abuse of any kind, and demented people who intentionally want to harm you

-Tomatoes on my burgers. :(

Last edited:

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Wars/arguing/people not getting along bothers me too.

Unfriendly disputes are not charming like pokemon battles are :( Not at all.

Presumption and or lack of empathy.

I'm getting pretty annoyed with customers at my job and to an extent, my co-workers. I had major back surgery and while I didn't have so much of an issue doing things that were really physical like lifting or bending/stooping often, I do now. As part of my work accommodations, I'm allowed to sit on a chair behind the register, which I don't even use all the time or even most of the time, but use it toward the middle/end of the day or when pain starts to build up. I get a lot of comments from customers suggesting I'm a lazy POS.

"Must be nice to sit on the job"

"Admiring the walls, huh?"

"Oh, you got an easy job don't you?"

90% of these comments are from elderly, conservative looking folk who's attitude just bleeds "Fuck you, you're young." but I get it from my co-workers too, who act like jealous bitches about it from time to time. Like, I'll bring the chair with me onto to the sales floor, because it helps me straighten and face product on the bottom shelves. Usually I can get them all, but if I'm doing other stuff throughout the day, sometimes my back taps out and I'll just do the top one's (which, again, has already been agreed upon as okay by management upon interview) but they'll still throw me shade, like it's all a giant ploy to blow smoke up their ass when I do.

I still get skepticism sometimes when I explain I've had major corrective surgery. "But surgery is supposed to alleviate pain!" Well, yes, but listen douchebag. The spinal curve was 70% and while significantly improved, there's still significant curvature and 20% of spinal fusion patients are re-operated on at some point in their life - so please stop pretending you're a doctor and understand my condition better than myself - thanks! What gets me the most are co-workers that seem to want to make me feel terrible about my accommodations by incessantly complaining to me about their own ailments. Of course, it's never done in a "Oh, let me relate to you" sort of fashion, it's always in a "Your shit doesn't matter because I have shit" sort of fashion. Despite the fact that I'm walking with a limp for a large chunk of the day, I never complain about it to anyone. I never whine. I do the best that I can, and when my back reaches it's limit I find other work that I can do - dusting, wiping things down, checking dates, etc. The fact I'm wobbling at 8PM and holding myself steady on a chair while a co-worker goes on and on about how their feet hurt? Man. I mean, I could very easily get disability if I wanted to that badly, it'd be as easy as hiring a good lawyer, but I choose not to. At this rate though, it becomes more and more tempting.

Last edited:
Hearing about mean girls
-Bullies in general
-Homophobia (whats so wrong with people loving whoever they want, regardless of 'gender', anyways?)
-Girlyness getting bashed (that includes people talking about mean girly girls)
-People I care about getting hurt
-Argentina thinking the Falklands is theirs, when it is Britain's.

Last edited:

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
One thing that really pisses me off is hearing stories about animals being hurt/killed by people. I don’t care who are you, if you do anything to hurt a defenseless animal, you are the lowest of the low and I have no respect for you. I am such an animal lover and nothing pisses me off more.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm going to be more lighthearted with my answers for now.

Daylight Savings Time (relevant)
Customary system of measurements

RedJirachi

Veteran member
My undying narcolepsy

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
One thing that really pisses me off is hearing stories about animals being hurt/killed by people. I don’t care who are you, if you do anything to hurt a defenseless animal, you are the lowest of the low and I have no respect for you. I am such an animal lover and nothing pisses me off more.

*hug's* I understand. Animals are so innocent.

I can't handle commercials about animal abuse on tv at all :( I always plug my ears whenever one is on. I just can't handle how upset it can make me. In the past, I used to get all worked up about animal rights and stuff. I'm wary of getting that way again.

I think more people are trying to treat animals better now, though :) Don't worry.

There's a lot of vegetarians and vegans who don't eat animal products too. I'm sure they wouldn't abuse animals either ;) Actually, i'm a vegetarian, myself. Been one since age 7^^

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have always hated daylight's saving. It changes the time of the day for reasons I find outdated and arbitrary, and whenever it goes dark which interferes with my walks(later in the day is when it isn't sweltering)

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Super hot or cold weather. I like snow, but cold windy days and sweltering humid days make it really hard for me to want to go outside and get stuff done.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
*hug's* I understand. Animals are so innocent.

I can't handle commercials about animal abuse on tv at all :( I always plug my ears whenever one is on. I just can't handle how upset it can make me. In the past, I used to get all worked up about animal rights and stuff. I'm wary of getting that way again.

I can’t either. Whenever one of them comes on, I have to get up and leave the room because they always make me angry and question humanity.

One thing I really cannot stand is the smell of cigarette smoke. It always makes me nauseous and whenever someone lights up a cigarette, I turn around and walk the other way.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
It's NCAA Tournament time so here are some things about college basketball and college sports that upset me.

First is when a major hoops program snubbed by the NCAA Tournament accepts an NIT invite. No postseason tournament other than the NCAA should be worth any major program's time. It should be either the Big Dance or no Dance at all.

2 examples stand out in my mind. The first is one of the teams I root for, Ohio State. They were defeated in the 2007 NCAA title game. Then when they were passed up for a bid the next year, they accepted an NIT invite and subsequently won. For major programs, an NIT title is the black sheep of accomplishments in college basketball.

Recently, after a prolonged investigation, Louisville was forced to vacate its 2013 NCAA title for major violations, the first time in history that occurred. They would not get a chance to reclaim an NCAA title this year, being left out of the field. They accepted, like OSU before them, an NIT invite, something they should have rejected as a "screw you" to the NIT's owners, the NCAA, for the title vacation and leaving them out of this year's NCAAs.

Unlike the case of USC football several years ago, Louisville basketball is pretty much all that city has. There are no major pro sports teams, not since the Kentucky Colonels folded over 40 years ago (blame the NBA for not wanting to take in all the ABA's teams). The title vacation was really devastating to the city.

It only gets worse. College basketball is facing a major corruption scandal involving the FBI and implicating many major programs. It gets worse yet. NCAA head Mark Emmert doesn't want to legalize paying of student-athletes as a solution. That really upsets me. He should be removed.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Whenever I have no Internet. So when that happens, I can't just access this forum but the wonderful stuff that the Internet offers elsewhere because the reality is so boring.

Aside from all the obvious and dark stuff that people have said above (violence, war, abuse, so on and so on), there are a couple of things I wanna mention.

The first is probably how existential I get. Sometimes I just get these moments out of absolutely nowhere where my mind begins questioning things and it’s like I fall down a hole of thinking about death and the concept of the afterlife and infinity and it gets me into a panic and then it all just stops suddenly. I don’t do it that often but when I do it can be quite jarring to my mood.

The other is less deep and stuff, it’s jumpscares. I can’t stand them. If I even think there will be a possibility of a jumpscare, I will either cover my ears and look away, go out of the room or (in cases where’s I can’t do that) cry a lot. It’s not just the sudden shock of a jumpscare that gets me, but also the anticipation of one, which is why I’ve never properly played a horror game in my life before. One time I went on this trail thing as part of a school trip and they told us that at three points on the trail (not specifying where) we would get jumpscared, and I was crying from the off. After it was all over I was completely fine until three girls decided to do one last jumpscare by running ahead and bursting out from a corner, which scared the life out of me and probably cemented my fear of them for quite a while.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
im not a dog owner but 2 years ago when i was biking i saw a woman doing 10-15KM/HR on a bike and urging her little pet dog to run after her. the dog was barely bigger than a standard size kleenex box, not sure if it was a puppy or just some small breed (short legs) but it clearly couldnt even run 10km/hr without running a full speed and the crazy/lazy lady had no intention to get off her bike and let the dog follow her har a reasonable pace for its size.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Aside from a lot of the obvious ones others have mentioned (Like bullying, animal cruelty etc.), here's something that upset's/ bothers me....

Anytime someone uses Autism as an insult. As someone who as autistic myself, it upsets me to see some people are even willing to bring down people with Autism. People like those love to think Autistic people are dumb and stupid, so they love to brand bad people as such, but they don't know what it's like to actually live with it. I often feel emotionally hurt, because then I start to think I'm dumb and stupid too.

Wolfaotic

send smeargles
Aside from a lot of the obvious ones others have mentioned (Like bullying, animal cruelty etc.), here's something that upset's/ bothers me....

Anytime someone uses Autism as an insult. As someone who as autistic myself, it upsets me to see some people are even willing to bring down people with Autism. People like those love to think Autistic people are dumb and stupid, so they love to brand bad people as such, but they don't know what it's like to actually live with it. I often feel emotionally hurt, because then I start to think I'm dumb and stupid too.

I'm the EXACT same way with this. Usually when I try to tell someone I'm autistic, I'll get shot down with "Oh, you don't look autistic!" and the whole "Well, I have a child/sibling/cousin/friend etc. with autism and therefore I automatically know EVERYTHING about it!"
It's just sickening tbh.

I also really hate it when people (no offense, but it's usually those teenagers who want to be different and edgy) refer to themselves as "psycho" or "schizo" or whatever. It really hurts and just pisses me off so much. A lot of people fake schizophrenia and psychosis, and legit only use it to "spice up their art" and make it seem quirky. I thoroughly enjoy calling people out on this.

You wanna know what it's like to be schizophrenic? Do you honestly want to have my disorder, because I'm happy to give it to you.

Smokin' weedle

I know what you mean. That's why I really like the show 'the good doctor'. It really shows how autism isn't 'you're stupid', but more 'really good at one thing, average at the rest.

Something I personally really hate is people who always leave thier pens open, even when not using them. It's probably stupid but i can get real mad about that.