• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that upset you (in general)

MotostokeOnTrent

PokéJungle writer
Increasingly, it's friends who don't put the effort into hospitality or meeting up. The vast majority of my friends are people from university - for years, sleeping on a dog-eared chair or threadbare carpet was part-and-parcel of student life, and takeaways would make up half of our diet. Though I dread to think it, it's been over five years since I left and I have a life with nicer things, so I'm no longer happy to take this kind of thing as a given. No, not everyone has a proper bed to spare, but the least you can do for a guest is dust down the room and offer a drink on entry, or just some other forms of cheap, polite prep for someone who's maybe traveled three hours by train to visit you. Same goes for other meetups; it used to be novel to be the guy who's good at booking hotels or buying group tickets, but it's increasingly frustrating to feel like the only adult in the room and any bellyache from people who haven't made any meaningful input really gets on my wick.

Conversely, it's delightful when a friend has food and drink sorted when I visit, or they take the initiative with organisational stuff.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
One thing that annoys me is when you go on technical support sites and the only answers to the questions you’re looking for are ones like “Same with me” or “That’s going with me too, please help.”

I feel bad for these people & it makes me feel better that I’m not the only one with these problems, but at the same time it’s EXTREMELY infuriating when you’re trying to find help and all you get are these exact same responses over & over again. It’s worse than when you see a YouTube comment section flooded with “first.”

Last edited:

NeganTheSavior

I've worked retail in the past. There's a bunch of horrible stuff going on in the world. I like to think that a store being out of a particular brand of toilet paper is not one of them. Getting short with the employee about it only makes it worse.

Also, it's one thing to dislike a show/movie/game, but openly trying to ruin someone's enjoyment of something they like is a whole 'nother story. It's like..let people enjoy things.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
When a TV show I like ends its season on a cliffhanger, yet the show is not renewed anyway. I've had that happen to several shows over the past few years. One prominent example is the show Deception, which was produced by the same guy behind the Arrowverse. That show had a clear cliffhanger that was never resolved because ABC canceled the show, and no other network picked it up.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
When a TV show I like ends its season on a cliffhanger, yet the show is not renewed anyway. I've had that happen to several shows over the past few years. One prominent example is the show Deception, which was produced by the same guy behind the Arrowverse. That show had a clear cliffhanger that was never resolved because ABC canceled the show, and no other network picked it up.
Yea that's frustrating.

A bit of a branch off of that, when a showrunner pulls a cliffhanger or plot reveal to try to force an actors hand to get them to stay. X Files is guilty of doing it and it ticks me off. >_>

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu Fan Number Nine said:

I dislike that as well, and one series that I enjoyed that ended with a slight cliffhanger was Terra Nova. I remember enjoying the first season and looking forward to the next season since there were many loose ends that needed to be wrapped up, only to find out that the series didn't get renewed for a second season.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
When people hunt animals for their fur.

Since Serena exclusively owned fur-bearing Pokemon, she'd probably be against this too, considering two of her Pokemon are foxes (one of the animals most hunted for their fur).

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
When people hunt animals for their fur.

Since Serena exclusively owned fur-bearing Pokemon, she'd probably be against this too, considering two of her Pokemon are foxes (one of the animals most hunted for their fur).
You bring up a good point. I really don't like people who big game hunt.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
People who stockpile toilet paper.
Only a matter of time until Ebay starts slapping those people like they did with the other stuff, but it's ridiculous that people are panic buying and getting 5 months worth of it. Do they really insist on making the rest of us stop in every damn store on the way home every day just to see if it's in stock yet? Some of us actually need it, and are also trying to get some for our grandparents too so they can stay indoors.

We gave up and tried to buy a bulk pack on an official online store(aka not greedy assholes) but even all of those are sold out

Seeing as one of my favorite performers in this season of The Masked Singer was the most recent performer to be out (as in eliminated from the competition), I would say seeing my favorite performers go out early upsets me.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
This coronavirus ordeal. My hours at work were reduced so idk how I'm supposed to pay my bills at the end of the month. Also alot of my favorite snacks are out of stock at my nearest stores and water bottles and toilet paper are now extinct in my town too...
There are several things you can find to hate about the coronavirus.

I hate how my mom's work isn't taking this seriously and has her work normally for hours near a Wal-Mart.
They said this was their peak season. You know, during a pandemic.

I also hate that it's delaying Smash DLC, which I know is whiny, but I understand that it's a safety first issue (unlike Mom's work).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This coronavirus ordeal. My hours at work were reduced so idk how I'm supposed to pay my bills at the end of the month. Also alot of my favorite snacks are out of stock at my nearest stores and water bottles and toilet paper are now extinct in my town too...

At least most stores see sense and have started limiting some items... but they still seem to be completely sold out of toilet paper.

They should really start limiting bread, last time I went all that was there was four hot dog buns.... that was literally it! Everything else was gone. Even the flavored ones like raisin and cinnamon, it was just four hot dog bun bags and nothing else. That entire shelf aisle was empty!

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
To forget about corona pandemic for a moment, it upsets/angers me how many people are cowards about being honest! Let's say a person makes an embarrassing/awkward/mildly shameful mistake.. instead of people coming to directly tell them they have done something wrong, they go behind their back and laugh at it with total strangers. Happened to me once when I ran a (now dead) fan site for something, didn't have all the facts right... eventually a friend of that time came to tell me he found a forum post about my website on some big fandom forums and some (even active and well liked) people publicly laughed at "the webmaster not understanding what this and that means". Yeah, I had gotten a bit confused while writing stuff, and I still owe my thanks to that friend who pointed me to the forum post. It stung hard however, a cruel reminder about human nature. No stranger nor anyone else dared to come to correct me. Whom did it help to stay silent? Whom did it help to laugh at me like that? Nowadays I see it more like "well the jerks just exposed themselves in public, their arrogance isn't my fault", I just don't get people sometimes like this....

Saw this thing happen to few other people recently about similarly little things but on much larger scale somewhere. And no, those people making fun of them weren't like having a hearty laugh but more degrading and toxic. Just... why all that cowardice? Sure they want to look good at other person's expense some way, but it would make them look so much better if they kindly came to the mistaken person and pointed out their mistake and possibly offered some advice on correcting it. They could show their own expertise in more mature fashion.

Frankly, human nature never ceases to upset me.

Moonligh

I don't like people that don't wash for days or literally for weeks. Also, I don't like filth and dirty dishes... I lived with a guy once which and because of his habits, our place got overrun by various bugs! Ants, cockroaches, even moths! I would say that getting rid of roaches was easy but dealing with rest... I guess that's why now I'm obsessed with cleaning because I don't wanna see such horrors again.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

COVID-19 has made me realize that I'm paranoid about germs. It's always been part of me but I guess that I just didn't notice it. I keep compulsively cleaning every surface of my room because I have an irrational fear of getting sick. And just yesterday when my friend came over I started grinding my teeth because she kept touching my things with her hands and they looked dirty. I'm probably just going insane. :p

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
Pertaining to the coronavirus talk earlier, I've gotten really irritated with how selfish some people have gotten lately when it comes to them complaining about the quarantine/lockdown. In other words, the ones that aren't taking this whole ordeal seriously.

Keep in mind that I'm not including the people that are simply getting stressed out by being cooped up but realize that this must be done in an attempt to curb the infection rate. Rather, I'm talking about the people that keep trying to go to large gatherings and downplay the deadliness of COVID-19 by saying "It's just the flu!" and "it only kills older people and those with underlying conditions!" and other statements like that. With these lines of thinking, they could end up spreading it to people that might not be able to overcome this.

I usually try to avoid delving into heavy topics like this in online communities. However, it's gotten so widespread that, as someone with a suppressed immune system (long story), it really started bothering me.

KingstonUponHulbury

I hate that so many people have been duped into believing this stupid 'Coronavirus' is a thing...

Just kidding.

My actual bugbear is a relatively minor thing, and one that admittedly hasn't been a problem for a few months. I'm usually a very chill and understanding commuter, but this is something that will make me roll my eyes at people so they can see. It goes like this:

Forgive me for assuming that you're a regular commuter if you're on this packed train, that doesn't go very far, at evening rush hour.

Having made that assumption, I'll give you the credit of assuming that you know these doors have a button that needs to be pressed to make them open.

I'll also give you credit by assuming that you know that a significant number of people get off at every stop on this service.

Given these assumptions, if you're stood by the door, please press the button for others you UTTER SIMPLETON.