• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that upset you (in general)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just tried watching something on kickassanime through my phone, but every time I'm on an episode I get redirected to some Google Rewards page saying I'm the big grand prize winner for making the 5-billionth search. I know it's a hoax because the url is liabilitycourtesy.club, but it's driving me nuts that I can't make it stop

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
This one's admittedly minor in the grand scheme of things, but I get a bit irritated when I see someone so much as mention character(s) from an anime in a positive light, then instead of talking about said character the replies devolve into everyone fighting over who the best character is. I'll illustrate this in the spoiler.

Person 1: "*Character A* is my favorite; they have a great personality and develop a lot over the course of the series."

Person 2: "I think you meant to say *Character B*."

Person 3: "That's not how you spell *Character C*"

Person 4: "You're all wrong, it's all about *Character D*."

Why does it have to be a competition? To be fair, these exchanges probably shouldn't be taken too seriously, but it gets old seeing a potentially interesting discussion get sacrificed for stuff like this. r/anime is mostly guilty of this, but then again my first mistake was going on Reddit in the first place, haha.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Idk about this upsetting me per se but I dislike it when people go around an artist's social media account showing off a piece of art they "fixed" that the artist originally drew. Criticism is fine but "fixing" someone's art because it doesn't match your preferences is dumb and insulting.

(Of course bad anatomy is something that bothers me like in some FE Heroes art for example but even then)

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
Idk about this upsetting me per se but I dislike it when people go around an artist's social media account showing off a piece of art they "fixed" that the artist originally drew. Criticism is fine but "fixing" someone's art because it doesn't match your preferences is dumb and insulting.

(Of course bad anatomy is something that bothers me like in some FE Heroes art for example but even then)

I read this a week ago and now again... I can't believe people do actually do this. I agree it sounds very passive-aggressive way to insult the artist and their work/way of presenting things. It's even worse than actually coming to criticise why your artwork sucks, it's like "duh, look how I'm better artist than you, I make even your own work better than you! Just do it my way!"

There's vague line between art styles where anatomical mistakes are excused as part of the style, and then realistic anatomical art/practise but in either case, why can't people just focus on doing their own artwork instead of attempting to control someone elses creative progress?

SerenaRulez

When people who preach tolerance but who also refuse to be tolerant in return. Like people who spend all their time on social media preaching something but then threaten anyone who has a different opinion. :(

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I don’t like how people label me as things I’m not just because I don’t agree with something or how people are reacting to an event. I was basically called a racist just because I said that burning down a business as a form of protest was wrong because I “assume that all protesters do such things is being racist to the minority.” No I am against it because my dad and I run a small business ourselves and if it were ever be destroyed by rioters, I’d lose everything because it is the main source of income for me.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I found out that I'm gonna be blind in my left eye soon

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Trying to find a new phone... It's been a pain in the butt.

Captain Jigglypuff

I mostly have no opinion about medical marijuana as I don’t need it and it doesn’t really affect me but ever since this medical marijuana place opened a year ago, the traffic on the street where I live had been a total mess during the hours it is open. These are a few things I’ve seen that are serious issues: cars driving 10 feet down the road backwards just to back into the one parking lot, cars parked directly in front of the stop sign not only taking up the lane but then you can’t go around the car because that stop sign is where people turn into all the time and going around will most likely cause an accident, and cars parked right outside of the building near a traffic light but too far that anyone turning won’t see the car and end up hitting it. And then there are the people bringing very small children to the place to wait outside jus5 to go in! If this is what legalizing the drug will do then I’m against it out of safety concerns. And half the time it isn’t like people leave their cars in such dangerous places on the road to go in. Yesterday I saw a car literally parked at the stop sign with two people inside just sitting there smoking. They didn’t signal anyone to go around them and I had to cut into a dance studio’s parking lot to turn on the road because I couldn’t wait for this car to move!

WalesNote

When game developers devote their time to making pure garbage and put it in directs thinking that people actually want to see it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
WalesNote said:
When game developers devote their time to making pure garbage and put it in directs thinking that people actually want to see it.

I admit that I felt disappointed with the reveal of the new Pokemon games today. I don't particularly like any of them, although at least I understand why there's a new Pokemon Snap game due to fan demand. The other games/apps seem incredibly pointless however, and will probably just be fads.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
This isn't things... this is people, again! Tried to search if I've posted this earlier here or somewhere else but since it seems I haven't I'll vent something (not so) fresh, but freshly resurfaced.

Flaky people, or just people who lack consideration of others's time and all that. It often upsets me that someone asks me to do something with them but in the end they flip-flop because something else/better came along. And while I had reserved my time for someone else instead of "going and roaming free whereever", it doesn't hurt only emotionally but also feels like the other person is wasting my time. Someone might come and say a few things about boundaries here... generally I feel awkward having to ask if other people are going to hold their own end of the deal because it can come off as pressuring and therefore put them off, even if I reasoned this with "I've had bad experiences of waiting for nothing earlier". Just... why... WHY can't such simple things such as forethought towards other people's time and keeping one's word be hardwired into every person's mind. I know it sounds awfully like cringed "programming" but it would make social parts of life easier if you could count on some very basic things.

I've doorslammed a lot of people this spring because of that. Not out of my life per se but from becoming part of my life.

Captain Jigglypuff

This isn't things... this is people, again! Tried to search if I've posted this earlier here or somewhere else but since it seems I haven't I'll vent something (not so) fresh, but freshly resurfaced.

Flaky people, or just people who lack consideration of others's time and all that. It often upsets me that someone asks me to do something with them but in the end they flip-flop because something else/better came along. And while I had reserved my time for someone else instead of "going and roaming free whereever", it doesn't hurt only emotionally but also feels like the other person is wasting my time. Someone might come and say a few things about boundaries here... generally I feel awkward having to ask if other people are going to hold their own end of the deal because it can come off as pressuring and therefore put them off, even if I reasoned this with "I've had bad experiences of waiting for nothing earlier". Just... why... WHY can't such simple things such as forethought towards other people's time and keeping one's word be hardwired into every person's mind. I know it sounds awfully like cringed "programming" but it would make social parts of life easier if you could count on some very basic things.

I've doorslammed a lot of people this spring because of that. Not out of my life per se but from becoming part of my life.
When it comes to me, I will do almost anything to fulfill any plans that I make with people and if I can’t make it, I let them know as soon as I can after finding out and explain my situation and ask if we can do whatever was planned on another day. My doctor office really likes this about me and so does my therapist. In fact my therapist knows if I don’t show up for a scheduled appointment that something happened and I will call to reschedule. I don’t understand why not everyone can do this out of consideration for others. I mean they’re taking time out of their schedule and the least you can do is let people know if you can do something or not.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Something that upsets me:

Having to spend any time whatsoever with my toxic relatives. Without going into much detail, ever since the end of last year, the environment that I live in has been taking more and more of an attack on my mental health. And it's gotten me to the point where I've now decided that I will resort to any measure in order to get away from it. Even if that means becoming homeless.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
When it comes to me, I will do almost anything to fulfill any plans that I make with people and if I can’t make it, I let them know as soon as I can after finding out and explain my situation and ask if we can do whatever was planned on another day. My doctor office really likes this about me and so does my therapist. In fact my therapist knows if I don’t show up for a scheduled appointment that something happened and I will call to reschedule. I don’t understand why not everyone can do this out of consideration for others. I mean they’re taking time out of their schedule and the least you can do is let people know if you can do something or not.
If everyone were like you, I'd probably like people much more! And even when it's about work schedules like doctor and therapist, it makes even more sense, but flip-flopping with little to no warning time shouldn't be excused on free-time either.

I've really tried to balance my time between solitary RL hobbies and online gaming with others. Obviously when you've agreed to play with someone beforehand and they cancel at last minute or keep you waiting only to let you know next day they were busy (or even worse, you'll find out they were playing entirely another game with different people for the whole time), it sucks. It wouldn't have required much effort from the other person to message me even once, not to mention being treated like "the friend who is called when nobody else is available" is infuriating. But it's hard to predict until it happens... and afwully lot of people do this still, so finding new gaming buddies can be hit-and-miss.

I prefer to do it more like you though as I believe in "treat others how you'd like to be treated". If others fall short, they're out.