• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that upset you (in general)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Sometimes when people misinterpret Asian culture, specifically that of Eastern and Southeastern Asia, can grinds my gears.

So there was this story some time ago about a College Student, an American of Asian descent, saying this white blonde girl going to a prom in a Qipao dress is racist for wearing a dress of Chinese culture, a clothing of his ancestors he claims and if you've ever talked to most people of East/Southeastern Asian descent about this little controversy, you probably notice that most of them were either appalled or confused by this but not at the blonde girl. If I remember correctly, the blonde girl is a smart honors student who partook in some UN-related group and apparently loves and respects the Chinese culture. Those of East/Southeastern Asian descent were appalled or confused at the College Student who if memory serves me right, did take a course on Chinese culture which makes it even more surprising.

Your probably wondering why at the Asian guy, not the white girl? So if your Asian and you've been raised by Asian parents who have strong cultural values tied to East or Southeast Asia, be it Japan, Korea, or China, then you know this to be strongly true. Most people of East or Southeast Asian descent, especially mainland Chinese who are very prideful, have great pride in seeing people of foreign countries outside of their own cultural sphere embrace the cultures through cuisine, jewelry, customs, clothing, almost anything. If you read the news from various East Asian nations, you might be surprised to see they supported the Blonde girl, they were confused why the College Student was against this. Now of course, just because your in a Qipao, a Hanbok, or a Yukata, that does not give you a good excuse to be disrespectful like a certain Logan Paul, but again, it's not racist to wear such clothing, it's respectful and welcoming by many of Asian descent and I get freaking annoyed when someone, especially a fellow person of Asian descent, says otherwise. Of course I do believe there are a few religious exceptions, but I'm talking about the general outfits one would think of East Asian culture. Although, if I were to go a little deeper, I find it ironic the College student said this was a dress of his ancestors considering the Qipao dress is a modern Chinese dress that the Han Chinese borrowed during the 1920s from their Manchu neighbors.

Well I got that off my chest.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
People not wearing facemasks in stores that say they are MANDATORY. And not only that, a lot of those people don't social distance worth a damn.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
People not wearing facemasks in stores that say they are MANDATORY. And not only that, a lot of those people don't social distance worth a damn.
I don’t wear my face mask as often as I should. However, I am a scientist that did spend two years researching the human immune system and common diseases so you’d think with that knowledge I’d be more inclined to do so. But when it comes to personal space I always ensure that there is as much space as possible between myself and the person I am speaking to and I absolutely wear one to places where it is required (which in all honesty is not all that hard to do). Really what makes me mad about the current situation is the people that are being purposely reckless (like the guy trying to fight Walmart employees for enforcing the mask policy).

OwensJB

That Twitter has no edit button. Whenever I tweet something and it has even 1 tiny spelling or grammar mistake I automatically freak out due to my OCD and it pisses me off that I have to delete my tweet and tweet again because I can't just edit the original message.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Corrupt politicians (which is almost all of them, including independent politicians).
And also the media on all sides because they all lie to push their own agenda regardless of which party they support.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
That Twitter has no edit button. Whenever I tweet something and it has even 1 tiny spelling or grammar mistake I automatically freak out due to my OCD and it pisses me off that I have to delete my tweet and tweet again because I can't just edit the original message.
That bugs me too. You'd think by now it would have one.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
People cutting me or others off, on the road. Even more specifically, when they do it and then get out of the lane they just entered. Or when they just cut you off and ultimately go nowhere.

It’s gotten to the point where I’ll cut them off and “troll” them. Keeping them behind me, flipping them off. Boxing them in. Literally whatever it takes to make them regret it. Oh you’re in a rush, but wanna be rude? Lemme slow ya down real quick.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lately I've been bothered when relatively obscure media that I'm a fan of suddenly becomes popular, either via memes or just because of nostalgia. I've been a big fan of A Goofy Movie since the mid-90s and it's arguably my favorite Disney movie, and lately there's been a lot of support for the movie on social media. But something about the sudden interest in the movie comes across as bandwagoning to me. I suppose that I just hate cult followings.

SerenaRulez

My university is offering online classes for free for all students next autumn because of the pandemic since the campus will be closed but the thing is that I had already paid for next semester's classes in advance and now I have to go talk to the administration about getting a refund if that's even going to be possible.

Either way it's going to take up a lot of my time so I'm annoyed. :(

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
Up-vote/down-vote systems have irked me for the longest time, and sites like Reddit are glaring proof of why I don't like them.

For one, I feel like they encourage hive minds/groupthink because people are too scared of expressing an unpopular opinion without idiots using the down-vote button as an "I disagree!" button rather than using it for spam/blatantly provocative comments. Thus, serious discussions go nowhere and debates where both sides could have equally good arguments can get lopsided because one side could get spammed with down-votes or even have their comments marked as spam even if they weren't spamming in the first place.

Second of all, it's too easy to abuse in my opinion. An otherwise harmless post about a certain show for example can get down-voted constantly by said show's detractors, and one subjective opinion among a group of others could seem more 'valid' than another just because people keep up-voting that one and down-voting the others rather than putting forth actual arguments. I've even seen comments which were needlessly antagonistic towards a relatively inoffensive idea/person/character/etc. get up-voted almost 70 times or more.

Now, to be fair I'm well aware that we all shouldn't get too hung up on up-votes/down-votes on a website. After all, for the most part they're just numbers on a screen. However, said voting systems are still one of those things that I never quite cared for.

NeganTheSavior

I usually don't discuss my personal problems on forums, but I'll make an exception here: I was in a relationship with someone that didn't treat me well for 8 years. I finally worked up the courage to end it with them in Spring 2019. The glue that held the relationship together for years were suicide threats from them. Whether they knew it or not, this person was a master manipulator. They knew what to say or do to get me to fall in line. They never hit me, but I was terrified of what they were capable of.

Ever since then, I've become something of an advocate for people in emotionally abusive relationships. I don't want anyone I'm close with to be trapped in the same situation I was. NOBODY deserves that.

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
I tend to get very irritated whenever K-ON fans make Yui out to look worse than she actually is. It's a cute, light-hearted slice-of-life show, so by constantly whining about how "annoying", "lazy", or "retarded" she is and complaining about every little thing she does, you essentially miss the whole point of the show. I also noticed that these same people conveniently ignore all of her good traits (big heart, keeps the group together, good at uplifting spirits, etc.) in favor of exaggerating her bad ones.

Look at the setting; a goofy, carefree character like Yui can thrive in the very laid-back setting of K-ON, and so can the energetic Ritsu and the whimsical Tsumugi. The show would be boring with just Mio and Azusa (IMO the two most boring/overrated characters in the show, but that's neither here nor there), so having a character that may be a bit lazy/eccentric but cute/funny is A-OK.

From what I've seen, most of this behaviour seems to come from the garbage dump that is r/anime and anything associated with it, such as its discord servers. It may be elsewhere, but It seemed most prominent there.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I keep getting this ad that appear before a video on YouTube that are literally 30 minutes long. Luckily I can skip them but I keep wondering who would watch a half hour long ad on YouTube before or after a video? Searching and watching an informercial is one thing when you are the one choosing to do so but this ad is basically some documentary. It isn’t even trying to sell a product!

TwilightBlade

Another thing that upsets me is when I order something, and when the order arrives, part of the order is missing.

That's never happened to me luckily but I can kind of relate because there have been times when I ordered something and it took months for it to arrive because it kept being sent to different places before reaching me. :[

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Being made fun of or laughed at, I was the class punching bag all the way through school, and it's made me really conscious about how I'm perceived by other people. If I feel as if I'm the butt of a joke it'll really upset me, to the point where I've stormed out of places and refused to go back or talk to certain people for months afterwards. I also find the sound of screaming children or babies to be severely distressing, I often do get freaked out by sudden loud noises, but screaming children is the worst one for me, and it's one of the big reasons why I never want kids of my own.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I was turning around in a parking lot about an hour ago and I saw something that made me feel angry. A car had its four way warning lights flashing and no one was near it. So I didn’t think anything wrong with it until I noticed something small staring at me as I drove on by. It was a small Yorkshire terrier and it’s leash was shut inside the closed door and it was obviously frightened and confused. Why would you leave a dog under a car which can get extremely hot?! It looked like the dog was wearing only a collar which is even worse for such a small dog as it was trying to get out of its situation and having a small dog pull on a collar can lead to some serious health issues. I couldn’t do anything to help the poor thing because I needed to get home.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Have you ever seen racism on the path to destruction or seen slums so clean and safe with fairly big houses that they would be considered a luxury to the poor, perhaps even the middle class in the US? I remember as a kid I walked into one of these "slums" thinking it was no different from any other part of the city. The morning calm sky, the small organized shops full of snacks, the clean colored streets, and not a single homeless person begging if I remember. Oh, I did not say there were no homeless people. There were but the few that existed walked the streets not to beg but to be paid for cleaning those very streets you walked on. How safe you ask? For some families, it's a normal tradition to let their 10 year old son or daughter to take the train station without worry that a stranger will trick them. It's that safe. In America, that would be called child abuse because the streets are understandably not safe for children. Racism and poverty will always exist but it still bothers me some times that America hasn't solved the majority of these problems years ago. The United States has a lot of potential to become a great first world country and that's what bothers me a lot. It feels like a third world country full of first world islands that aren't even close to their full potential.