• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that upset you (in general)

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
One thing that really makes me upset is how some people who do horrible things to others try to excuse their behavior by blaming their mental health issues. No. Just no. Mental health should never be used as an excuse for being such a terrible person especially if you committed a crime. I might give a pass to a schizophrenic who stabs someone during a hallucinative episode and not on meds but if you are catfishing men and making them doing degrading things on video for your own sick purposes while pretending to be a talent agent and these men are doing this for an acting job that doesn’t exist then you can’t blame mental health because you knew exactly what you were doing and had total control over your actions the entire time!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Have you ever seen racism on the path to destruction or seen slums so clean and safe with fairly big houses that they would be considered a luxury to the poor, perhaps even the middle class in the US? I remember as a kid I walked into one of these "slums" thinking it was no different from any other part of the city. The morning calm sky, the small organized shops full of snacks, the clean colored streets, and not a single homeless person begging if I remember. Oh, I did not say there were no homeless people. There were but the few that existed walked the streets not to beg but to be paid for cleaning those very streets you walked on. How safe you ask? For some families, it's a normal tradition to let their 10 year old son or daughter to take the train station without worry that a stranger will trick them. It's that safe. In America, that would be called child abuse because the streets are understandably not safe for children. Racism and poverty will always exist but it still bothers me some times that America hasn't solved the majority of these problems years ago. The United States has a lot of potential to become a great first world country and that's what bothers me a lot. It feels like a third world country full of first world islands that aren't even close to their full potential.
I'm pretty sure America is the exact opposite, i.e., a first-world country with a few third-worlds islands that the media likes to claim are representative of the whole. Yes, problems do exist, but not to the extent and severity the media makes them out to be. For example, one might go hungry in America, but it's almost impossible to starve to death (as long as one is in a city, given you'd have to know how to hunt out in the countryside, or at least which plants were edible) due to the sheer amount of food produced in one, and some restaurants give out food that would otherwise be thrown away for the equivalent of loose change that can be found on the sidewalk.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'm pretty sure America is the exact opposite, i.e., a first-world country with a few third-worlds islands that the media likes to claim are representative of the whole. Yes, problems do exist, but not to the extent and severity the media makes them out to be. For example, one might go hungry in America, but it's almost impossible to starve to death (as long as one is in a city, given you'd have to know how to hunt out in the countryside, or at least which plants were edible) due to the sheer amount of food produced in one, and some restaurants give out food that would otherwise be thrown away for the equivalent of loose change that can be found on the sidewalk.

I know America is a first-world country, what you say is true, I would even go so far to say that most of you what you say is fact and yet it's problems still bothers me. I suppose if I'm being more specific, what I'm really saying is that there is too much room for improvement, don't you agree? Slum areas are some of the worst in the states due to poor city planning, poor access and affordable transportation to education, some of the older areas are purposely design that way as some were originally built as racially segregated communities back during Jim Crow times. Food supplies are healthy in the states, that is true. No one will starve as long as you know where to look but if we talk about nutritional value, transportation and access to the stores that houses foods and the affordability of healthier foods over pleasure foods, there is room for improvement don't you agree?

Maybe such problems don't concern you that much. Fine, let's talk about luxuries. Luxuries are always important, gotta keep people's happiness in mind. Everyone loves a good distraction from the harder parts of life and for a country that continually pushes this image out as a nation full of luxuries, there's too much room for improvement in this area. Take for example, people romanticize the US as this endless countryside and that's true. Endless mountains, plateaus, cliff sides, it's all breath-taking especially under the rain but the dozens and dozens and dozens of empty decrepit parking lots do ruin that luxury don't you agree? Another thing, one of the greatest luxuries a country can have are bullet trains. They are practically a staple of any advanced first-world nation, something romantic about seeing the country side from a train that goes up to 200 miles per hour and yet no investments have been made for one in the US out of fear of ruining another industry apparently. Not just a luxury for romanticism, no. People with certain jobs or appointments may need to use the train because cars take longer to get to one point to the other long-distance wise or maybe they don't even have a vehicle at all. This would especially be helpful in the East where people love to walk and the West where cities are often isolated to the roads. Why you ask? The father you go west, the more America becomes the Cities of the Car, much of it's travel routes being long distance-roads where roads are prioritized over sidewalks which understandably makes sense given the location. Let's not stop there, vacations. Let's talk about vacations. So many European countries have made it easier for their own citizens to take a vacation to see other countries. Some would even go so far as to create programs to make it easier for children to take vacations with of course the supervision of an adult and that I do think is an important luxury, to see the world's cultures at a young age as your mind develops. Cross-cultural exchange is always important, helps cultures develop and American culture is always in constant need of that.

With that said, I've said too much but I think you get the idea right? A lot of room for improvement.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I know America is a first-world country, what you say is true, I would even go so far to say that most of you what you say is fact and yet it's problems still bothers me. I suppose if I'm being more specific, what I'm really saying is that there is too much room for improvement, don't you agree? Slum areas are some of the worst in the states due to poor city planning, poor access and affordable transportation to education, some of the older areas are purposely design that way as some were originally built as racially segregated communities back during Jim Crow times. Food supplies are healthy in the states, that is true. No one will starve as long as you know where to look but if we talk about nutritional value, transportation and access to the stores that houses foods and the affordability of healthier foods over pleasure foods, there is room for improvement don't you agree?

Maybe such problems don't concern you that much. Fine, let's talk about luxuries. Luxuries are always important, gotta keep people's happiness in mind. Everyone loves a good distraction from the harder parts of life and for a country that continually pushes this image out as a nation full of luxuries, there's too much room for improvement in this area. Take for example, people romanticize the US as this endless countryside and that's true. Endless mountains, plateaus, cliff sides, it's all breath-taking especially under the rain but the dozens and dozens and dozens of empty decrepit parking lots do ruin that luxury don't you agree? Another thing, one of the greatest luxuries a country can have are bullet trains. They are practically a staple of any advanced first-world nation, something romantic about seeing the country side from a train that goes up to 200 miles per hour and yet no investments have been made for one in the US out of fear of ruining another industry apparently. Not just a luxury for romanticism, no. People with certain jobs or appointments may need to use the train because cars take longer to get to one point to the other long-distance wise or maybe they don't even have a vehicle at all. This would especially be helpful in the East where people love to walk and the West where cities are often isolated to the roads. Why you ask? The father you go west, the more America becomes the Cities of the Car, much of it's travel routes being long distance-roads where roads are prioritized over sidewalks which understandably makes sense. Let's not stop there, vacations. Let's talk about vacations. So many European countries have made it easier for their own citizens to take a vacation to see other countries. Some would even go so far as to create programs to make it easier for children to take vacations with of course the supervision of an adult or guardian and that I do think is an important luxury, to see the world's culture at a young age as your mind develops. Cross-cultural exchange is always important, helps cultures develop and American culture is always in constant need of that.

With that said, I've said too much but I think you get the idea right? A lot of room for improvement.
Yeah, there is a lot of room for improvement, but as for vacations, most European countries can be compared to an American state in size. Someone living in Slovakia could drive to Poland, Austria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, or Ukraine. Compare that to someone in Kansas who could drive a similar distance and yet still be in the United States. Heck, someone who started in the middle of Texas might not have even left Texas.

And while public transport railroad systems are definitely more common outside of America, bullet trains specifically are actually quite limited: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinkansen

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Something that is upsetting me is that my phone carrier seems to think anyone can just order a smartphone online with a credit or debit card. I'm not one of those people, yet here I am in desperate need of a new smartphone. Neither corporate stores nor authorized retailers in my area are doing in-store shopping, despite being in Massachusetts, where the coronavirus is very much under control. How the heck am I going to get a new phone??!!?!!!?

WalesNote

Liking the idea of minimalism, but also liking the idea of having lots of cool stuff, then being unable to decide which path I want to follow, but can't. Quite sad, indeed.

WalesNote

NO ONE HAS POSTED SO I'LL POST AGAIN.

FOOD / DRINK
1. Buying cider cause I thought it would taste nice cause it looked nice, but it didn't taste nice.
2. Buying Baileys, thinking it would taste nice cause it looked like chocolate, and had 'chocolat' in its name. It didn't taste nice.
3. The taste of watermelon isn't a very strong or sweet taste. I like my taste HARD and STRONG and SWEET.
4. The amount of sugar in everything.
5. Overpriced chocolate.
6. Tap water (doesn't taste all that nice).

ENTERTAINMENT
1. Missing out on getting a brand new issue of Sonic the Hedgehog from IDW.
2. So many video games I want to get, and much money spent on them.
3. My phone is bugged or something and keeps resetting itself at random when using Youtube.
4. Those vinyl record thingies can't store lots of songs
5. My computer mouse sometimes decides not to work
6. Final Fantasy XVI looks to similar to XV

THE WORLD
1. Governments being silly/stupid/greedy/not doing their job.
2. Some countries are so nice, but still have bad things about them that they should stop but don't.

POKÉMON
1. Red and Blue on the 3DS eshop aren't in colour.
2. Sword and Shield was lacking
3. Not getting a remake of Emerald and instead getting Ruby/Sapphire remakes
4. Not having a copy of B/W 2

Rune Knight

I would like to eliminate the word "but" from my vocabulary. Hearing it is extremely annoying and saying it feels hypocritical in a sense, even if most of the time it's subconscious.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
People who force their religion onto others or use it as an excuse to say rather insensitive things. I don't need you to tell me that "____ is a sin" because I simply do not care.

Captain Jigglypuff

People who force their religion onto others or use it as an excuse to say rather insensitive things. I don't need you to tell me that "____ is a sin" because I simply do not care.
How people who try to use religious beliefs to act like a self entitled jerk especially to minorities and the LGBTQ+ Community and whenever confronted about, try to excuse it by saying it’s their own religious beliefs?

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
So the other day, I had the misfortune of stumbling upon numerous old (Like, 2009-2012 old) blogs that seemed dead-set on treating "moe" anime such as Lucky Star and K-ON like the black plague, riffing on their fans for watching them and claiming that anyone who enjoyed them were pedophiles. I'm not making this up.

While most of the people who wrote those blogs are long gone and that mindset has lessened to some extent over time I believe (Although that mindset is mostly likely still out there somewhere), my brain cell count still hasn't fully recovered. I know the "moe" genre isn't for everyone, but for god's sake don't act like your negative opinion about it is fact and try to make ridiculous accusations about it's fanbase.

Now, do keep in mind that I'm more so criticizing the people who have the radical anti-moe mindset discussed here rather than the actual blogs that I mentioned earlier; those things are ancient and should be left in/thrown back into the deep abyss of what we call the internet.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
AT&T customer service. It's beyond horrible.

Captain Jigglypuff

AT&T customer service. It's beyond horrible.
Verizon is even worse. My dad’s business phone line went Down for up to an entire day twice this month after we switch phone and internet providers. Even the internet will go down for up to ten hours. And my dad is frustrated calling Verizon to make a request for them to come out and check everything.

Rodpaco

- Gossip, I just HATE that thing.

- People who constantly blame all their failures on society. Especially when they're pretty smart/talented and are wasting their potential.

- People who have a dark view of life. Of course, terrible things happen and evil people do exist, but life is full of treasures and wonderful people nonetheless. Cynicism is the enemy.
(Same thing for dating btw, just because you had one or a few bad experiences doesn't mean that all men/women are bad)

- People who have to bring politics into everything. Seriously, not everything is political. And I say that as a political junkie.

- Again on politics (ironically): people who don't try to understand why "the other side" thinks that way, because they assume that understanding automatically means endorsing. And, for good measure, I also don't like centrists who are afraid to hold any radical view because, somehow, anything radical is automatically bad.

- Promotion of obesity. I myself have been very close to it (about 2/3 years ago), so close that I was pretty much borderline obese, and it really, really sucked. I was developping all kinds of health issues, that all started going away as I lost weight. So I find it pretty infuriating when I see people promoting it as a good thing. It's not. Doesn't mean that obese people should be insulted, just like any other person suffering from any other illness (whether self-inflicted or not). In fact, any obese person who recognizes it as a problem and takes action towards losing weight (by seeking help when they can't do it by themselves) has all my support and respect.

- Life outside of a big city. Been there, done that. Not for me.

- Rain.

- The fact that I struggle so much to wake up early. I'm the king of night owls.

- People who hate pineapple on pizza. They're morally equivalent to terrorists.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Those GODDAMNED GU10 light bulbs, you know those triangular ones with those 2 rounded pins that require a half turn and good pull to remove. I remembered something a Canadian tire worker told me when I bought some new bulbs. Plenty of duct tape holding a shaft like tool to pull those *censored* bulbs out. I didnt have any duct tape handy so a 1/4 L Allan key and green painters tape did the damn trick. I just removed and replaced 2 of those *censored* buggers just now.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
I hate when good shows can’t end, or when they don’t know how to end, also hate when they end abruptly and the finale is either muddled or really just don’t get a ‘finale’ of sorts.

After starting Penny Dreadful when it first came out, dropping it, and picking it back up because I was like Daaaaaaaaaaaamn that’s a good show. Binged it all from half of last week til tonight and I’m just like so who do I talk to about the time I just wasted.

I wanted more of that show. Counterpart is another show that fits the mold. And I loved the cast from both shows ESPECIALLY J.K Simmons and Josh Hartnett. Television sucks these days.

Also Netflix Originals, I don’t usually bother with their shows but the movies? Lord. I feel like when it’s time to end, whomever writes the script is basically Vincent Vega, clueless as hell, wondering where the hell Mia Wallace is at as she speaks over the intercom. In this case, Mia Wallace is a decent ending.

- People who hate pineapple on pizza. They're morally equivalent to terrorists.
Oof. That second sentence is quite the reach

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I liked the show "Surface" back in the day. Its about a kid finding a small marine iguana that can also generate electricity. It was only a baby one as the older and mature ones in the ocean were huuge and less trainable. The older ones were likely to cause some sort of habitat conflicts with humans. They ended the show by showing the onler ones digging at the crust/ocean bottom and a spat of rising oceans. The Olympics killed off any chance of se2 as the sports broadcast displaced the airing time and killed ratings.

I tried pineapples on pizza, it wasn't as toxic as you would think, the sweetness of pineapple was just a bit weird. I did eat a chocolate fudge pizza once. It was good but it's basically one big cookie.

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
I just had a follower on Twitter not-so-subtly complain about me posting a certain kind of content, which brings me to this: why do people think that every single tweet must be catered to them?

If you don't like the stuff I'm posting, just unfollow and buzz off. It's that easy.