• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that upset you (in general)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I’ll come right to the point and say that there are certain annual events within the year that I feel the need to react to in some way, shape or form. Be it a major holiday like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter, or a somewhat minor occurrence within the year like say the graduation timeframe or even holidays that I acknowledge and understand but do not celebrate, like Passover, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, I always feel the need to get in the mood for these events in some way or another and that hasn’t really changed in long while either.

And now, with Easter not only on its way, there is also Passover to acknowledge due to my respect for the Exodus story, as well the spring break timeframe that is at play at my old senior high school. I feel the need to get into the mood for Spring Break, since it used to be an event that I looked forward to every year back in the day, but I just don’t feel it these days ya know. At the moment, my mind is more set in the Passover mood and the plan to not let the Easter holiday pass me by. I’m also rather hung up on making some more progress with some of the stories that I am trying to write. And as if that were not enough of a problem, when I finally did get a moment to actually get into the spring break mood, it felt like my mind was trying to fight the idea of me getting into the mood for that you know?

Does anyone have anything to comment on for all of this?
As far as annual events go, the main ones for me are just Halloween, Guy Fawkes Night, Christmas, New Year's Eve and my own birthday in January, I like to do something big or at least memorable for all of them Even just basic stuff like carving a jack-o-lantern and watching the original 1978 Halloween movie on Halloween night, or a bonfire and some beers on Guy Fawkes Night, or Christmas dinner, and it does upset me when I can't get the chance to do it for whatever reason. This is why last year and earlier this year it was upsetting that I couldn't do anything for most of these events, and recently I am getting some anxiety over whether or not I can celebrate my 30th birthday next January, because there's a very real chance my country will be back in lockdown this coming Winter.
Easter used to be sort of important for me too, but as I've got older and fatter I don't keep up with it as much. Weekend breaks in late July/early August have replaced it in my mind.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
People not wearing masks on public transit in the state where I currently live. Come on people, really?! In case you haven’t realized it yet, there’s still a global health pandemic going on right now. I understand if most people don’t want to get vaccinated, but at least try to have some decency and wear a mask on public transit.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
No problem. Moving it to the correct thread.

Post has been moved.

WalesNote

Lying is a part of being human, and it's needed here and there.

Anyway for me, having so many little ideas here and there for writing, but never being able to put something together that works.
Would so love to write a fantasy novel, but there are so many things I need to overcome before I could do so.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Lying is a part of being human, and it's needed here and there.

See, things like this also upset me. lol

Lying is a developmental conditional behavior we learn as toddlers as a response to certain situations, usually an adaptation to repetitive fear (being punished by parents). However, this adaptation comes to light because most parents don't bother encouraging the truth; they only punish the child for telling a lie.

In addition, parents often lie to their children, even with something as simple as Santa Claus. However, when you lie enough to convince someone it's true, the real truth becomes devastating, and it can have long-term emotional and psychological effects.

Thus, we grow up with the learned reaction that lying leads to less pain than the truth, and we act accordingly. This is why the truth is the biggest element of drama in media, a bombshell, if you will.

But if we adults could just start telling the truth, and not lie so much like we did as kids, it wouldn't be so painful. We are old enough to know the difference now.

Last edited:

WalesNote

There are many reasons why we lie about many things. You need to accept that it's there and there to stay. That's how it should be. A world of truth isn't all that great. And the truth will always be more painful than any lie.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Some of my really old LEGO toys from BIONICLE https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bionicle series are cracking or starting to break after many years. As an adult collector who was born 1987 and the series lasted from 2001-2010 and many sets are discontinued. When cracks start to develop in old LEGO's it can make it hard for the toy to hold it self together such as balljoints.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
This didn’t actually upset me but it makes me a bit confused. Someone on Facebook unfriended me just because I replied to something he posted about him being agnostic and that Jesus was black and I just quoted a line from an Avenue Q song which was “No. Jesus was Jewish,” and he apparently didn’t know it was just a song and I was trying to make a joke. And he just assumed that I was going to post religious pictures and argue with him and said it’s just easier to unfriendly me. What I don’t get is how someone in the LGBTQ+ community isn’t even aware when someone is quoting Avenue Q? I mean the quote I made is from one of the most popular and famous songs from the musical. Whatever. It’s his loss for jumping to conclusions without asking questions.

One thing that annoyed me slightly was yesterday at my dad’s shop, this random woman came in stating she was stuck at a near by dental office and her car needed to be jumped because she lived an hour and a half away and her daughter had her wisdom teeth taken out. I was polite with her and she wanted to see if we had a battery jumper box which we do but I wasn’t going to let her walk out with an expensive tool. I told her that I couldn’t leave the shop and she kept insisting on us helping her and I asked my dad who I could refer her to for help. My dad politely told her we can’t go with her because of liability and we never said that we wouldn’t help her get some assistance and she got angry and snarled at us, “Well I just thought there’d be some nice people in this f******* world!” and left. I thought that was extremely rude considering I was trying to find out if the shop down the street could help her.

Pokefan_1987

My never ending seizure disease. Knowing it can kill me and two side effects of Lamotrigine.

Easily Tired/dizzy
Slurred speech, unable to remember the right words and people think i'm close to losing consciousness and a seizure incident might be coming on.

Having to regulate what i eat and on the right timing to swallow my pills (you can't take them on a empty stomach) makes me hate the fact that my disease is a silent killer because you lose consciousness and fatal falls are very possible. I hate this every day :mad:

Darato

(o,..,o)
My never ending seizure disease. Knowing it can kill me and two side effects of Lamotrigine.

Easily Tired/dizzy
Slurred speech, unable to remember the right words and people think i'm close to losing consciousness and a seizure incident might be coming on.

Having to regulate what i eat and on the right timing to swallow my pills (you can't take them on a empty stomach) makes me hate the fact that my disease is a silent killer because you lose consciousness and fatal falls are very possible. I hate this every day :mad:
I deal with seziers too; they are a pain in the ass and difficult to deal with

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
Property taxes. They’re a necessary evil but that doesn’t mean I’m not still irked about having to pay ‘em.

Pokefan_1987

This rant is always haunting my mind. It drives me mad. But there is no short version.

My dad has a strict go to sleep bedtime rules because of my seizure disease including no electronics after 23:00. He threatens to always confiscating privileges if i misbehave. But I'm still forced to live with my parents since getting a apartment to just get away peacefully from his rules. But in Iceland house prices are high so it will you cost a arm and a leg.

I don't even have know if people can be trusted to rent a apartment and share the cost. He always angrily yells that he wishes could send me off to housing boarding house/facility for "troublesome people" as he calls it...and probably no access to my bank accounts or pocketchange ever again out of spite If i step out of line.

The root of all of this is... because of how complex seizures can be, he hates medical bills even with insurance covering most of it. But doesn't like going through medical appointments with doctors about why my medical doses aren't is too weak, being on waiting list for appointments for checkups if i have had recent seizures. My main symptoms are always, being groggy, unable to speak or comprehend where i am in the moment or falling.

Last edited:

jaden767

Amphetamine
People who try to be funny, edgy or tryhard to get reactions out of people. Today a beloved manga artist died and when I saw it on my Twitter feed a lot of the comments were stupid meme posts or unfunny jokes. There's a time and place for everything. :(

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Homophobia, transphobia, etcetera will anger me in a hot second. But people who make cancer jokes/call people that word also upset me, and if you're someone who does this I don't even want to be around you. There's plenty of other jokes you can say or any other words you can call someone instead.