• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that will probably never happen in Pokémon

EvanUn0

We're probably never going to get another console Pokemon game, and I really don't know how to feel about that. I'm not talking things like Rumble or Pokken (<3) but things like Stadium, Colo/XD, or even Battle Revolution. I found the console side of Pokemon a bit more interesting as a kid, and I appreciate how dark games like Colosseum were. I know that GameFreak/TPCi/whoever is very adamant about "Pokemon belongs on handhelds", but I just miss the older ideas. Heck, I wouldn't even mind another PBR, because I'm so starved of a new Pokemon console experience.

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
I'd love to see the mega evolutions of every single pokemon..

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'd love to see the mega evolutions of every single pokemon..

We aren't getting Mega Evolutions of Pokemon that can evolve. And we certainly aren't getting Mega Evolutions of Unown or Wobbuffet, simply because they wouldn't work. Unown would still be limited to one move, and the only beneficial stat for a Pokemon like Wobbuffet is HP, which Mega Evolution cannot raise

CptScorpion

Scrafty Artist
Ash's Pikachu being replaced by another Electric-type. However, since Unova is 100% different from the previous regions, Ash's Pikachu and Team Rocket's Meowth would've been replaced by Eelektross and Zorua respectively at the very beginning of the Best Wishes anime because in Pokemon Black and White, the Unova Pokedex entirely consisted of new Pokemon and Pokemon from previous generations were nonexistent until after the Elite Four was conquered and the National Pokedex obtained. Don't believe me? It's like how Audino replaced Chansey as the "doctor" Pokemon in the Unova anime.

Last edited:

Navarch

The game ever being challenging again. We've asked for years and years for early access to a challenge mode, yet they still haven't given us one.

CptScorpion

Scrafty Artist
The game ever being challenging again. We've asked for years and years for early access to a challenge mode, yet they still haven't given us one.

Actually, there is an optional Challenge Mode in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.

Creyk

Some people speculate that that will be an option for SM too. It will be interesting to see whether it happens this time. Although...I don't even know if I would choose that. I like it when the games are easy.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ash's Pikachu being replaced by another Electric-type. However, since Unova is 100% different from the previous regions, Ash's Pikachu and Team Rocket's Meowth would've been replaced by Eelektross and Zorua respectively at the very beginning of the Best Wishes anime because in Pokemon Black and White, the Unova Pokedex entirely consisted of new Pokemon and Pokemon from previous generations were nonexistent until after the Elite Four was conquered and the National Pokedex obtained. Don't believe me? It's like how Audino replaced Chansey as the "doctor" Pokemon in the Unova anime.

At this point, Ash getting another electric type Pokemon. Despite having many occasions of overlapping types, like the three flying Pokemon he has with him right now

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
We're probably not going to have anything genuinely unnerving in Pokémon ever again.

Navarch

Oh yeah I know, I meant it's been years since we had one. BW2's challenge mode was annoying though, I think you had to beat the game and then transfer it? Or something like that.

Mordraake

Oh yeah I know, I meant it's been years since we had one. BW2's challenge mode was annoying though, I think you had to beat the game and then transfer it? Or something like that.

I haven't played Pokémons since Diamond and I just started "Y." Is there anything like a challenge mode or at least some difficult modes in X/Y? It seems even easier now with the Exp.Share sharing experience to all the party (and honestly, I thought about turning it down for challenge purposes but I can't resist it...)

Ascended Dialga

I haven't played Pokémons since Diamond and I just started "Y." Is there anything like a challenge mode or at least some difficult modes in X/Y? It seems even easier now with the Exp.Share sharing experience to all the party (and honestly, I thought about turning it down for challenge purposes but I can't resist it...)

There's no difficulty setting in X/Y. The only games that have one are Black 2/White 2.

Mordraake

There's no difficulty setting in X/Y. The only games that have one are Black 2/White 2.

I guess I should have played those games then....ah well...

Still, a challenge trigger that you could adjust at anytime that would make the trainer battles harder would be nice (kind of like Diablo where you can switch to more challenging modes any time.) That way you could get more rewards (cash and experience.)

I know, it most likely never gonna happen, but we can still hope!

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
We aren't getting Mega Evolutions of Pokemon that can evolve. And we certainly aren't getting Mega Evolutions of Unown or Wobbuffet, simply because they wouldn't work. Unown would still be limited to one move, and the only beneficial stat for a Pokemon like Wobbuffet is HP, which Mega Evolution cannot raise

I'm sure they meant mega evolutions for all fully evolved Pokémon. Also, I see no reason why Wobbuffet and Unown can't change their battle styles upon mega evolving or a change allowing for the HP stat to be altered upon mega evolution in a specific case.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Jessie and James will never be a couple.

Lunavia

We're probably never going to get another console Pokemon game, and I really don't know how to feel about that. I'm not talking things like Rumble or Pokken (<3) but things like Stadium, Colo/XD, or even Battle Revolution. I found the console side of Pokemon a bit more interesting as a kid, and I appreciate how dark games like Colosseum were. I know that GameFreak/TPCi/whoever is very adamant about "Pokemon belongs on handhelds", but I just miss the older ideas. Heck, I wouldn't even mind another PBR, because I'm so starved of a new Pokemon console experience.

Idk about this just due to the lack of news about a new handheld from Nintendo. We know a new home console with NX and I have a feeling if Nintendo don't reveal a new handheld by 2018 GF would be forced to do it on NX would't they? (Unless NX is a hybrid and yeah not sure how that would stand since if that is the case Pokemon would be in new territory.)

Jessie and James will never be a couple.

I think they were one at the end of the Electric Tail of Pikachu manga. So we have that at least :)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm sure they meant mega evolutions for all fully evolved Pokémon. Also, I see no reason why Wobbuffet and Unown can't change their battle styles upon mega evolving or a change allowing for the HP stat to be altered upon mega evolution in a specific case.

It seems pointless to make the absolutely horrible Unown not be horrible, but still have to hold an item.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
condensing the two versions of the same game into one game (possibly with different routes like in visual novels for those where story differs noticeably), and getting rid of third versions (like, just adding anything you want to do there into the first one(s)).

a full dive virtual reality ultra-high tech pokemon game

a game or full anime arc where you or ash travels around with Lance and N.

The return of misty.

Ash advancing in age a little.