• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that you feel are missing in the Pokemon series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Just things that you feel are missing in the Pokemon series.

So for me, I just recently finished watching the Abominable movie and it gave me a great sense of nostalgia, especially the mountains, mountains and more mountains. Anyone who has visited or lived in any of the countries of East Asia know that they are just chock-full of mountains and for me, looking at Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh of the Pokemon Games, I'm kind of disappointed by the work put into the mountains because, at least for me, I don't think they really capture what the mountains are like in pretty much anywhere in East Asia. Anyone who has hiked across one knows that there are more rugged and wild, sometime off-the-main-road, paths like in the games but there are also multiple routes on these mountains, some of which that have these short stone walls along the tiled path, flowing streams, short little bridges of concrete old and new, rusty metal stairs and rusty metal bridges, old wooden stairs and old wooden bridges, stairs literally carved into the mountain, Buddhist temples, maybe a coffee shop next to that Buddhist temple, stone cairns, rest stops, maybe an abandoned small hut, an abandoned helipad or bunker reclaimed by nature, mist lots of mist the higher you go up, cable cars, sometimes a tiny restaurant all the way at the top of the summit, maybe some kind of memorial, sometimes there's nothing at the top, etc. and you can see all of this on a map at the base of the mountain showing multiple routes, the wild rugged paths you see in the games but also the more tiled and man-made routes.

One big hope I have is that if GameFreak ever remakes Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh, they redesign the mountains to be more multi-pathed chock-full of different features base on which path you choose to take. Also I hope they add in a weather/season system that affects how the mountain's look. Have you seen the mountains of East Asia in the chilly fall, the cold winter, the cold rain, the spring season, the summer season etc. It sometimes looks like a different place when you go there during a different season or during different weather.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.