• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things the next Anime could do to improve upon the last.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
What we don't need is cookie cutter fillers without any thought or work put into them and having a standard TR blasting off again plot
They need to be creative and unique
Literally the possibilities are unlimited when it comes to Pokemon, there's so much lore and potential
The only "fillers" we need are those that work on relationships and personality that could never be done in action-packed episodes. Basically, episodes that are more slow paced, but still move things forward, to the extent that there would be debate whether they are fillers or not. Those are what I'd like to see.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The only "fillers" we need are those that work on relationships and personality that could never be done in action-packed episodes. Basically, episodes that are more slow paced, but still move things forward, to the extent that there would be debate whether they are fillers or not. Those are what I'd like to see.
That doesn't leave room for unique innovative stories focused on Pokemon not owned by the main cast

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Above all else I just want to actually feature the new cast, region, and Pokémon. Even the worst seasons did that. Journeys making Galar an afterthought was so underwhelming just to feature Pokémon and plots we’ve seen plenty of before. Saying Galar had a lackluster story makes no sense because so did XY (and honestly most previous regions) but they still made something entertaining with it.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I just wish that the new anime can expand its core themes

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
That doesn't leave room for unique innovative stories focused on Pokemon not owned by the main cast
I mean something like Spe does manage to make it so the wild mon plots still help to advance the main story

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
Above all else I just want to actually feature the new cast, region, and Pokémon. Even the worst seasons did that. Journeys making Galar an afterthought was so underwhelming just to feature Pokémon and plots we’ve seen plenty of before. Saying Galar had a lackluster story makes no sense because so did XY (and honestly most previous regions) but they still made something entertaining with it.
I'll never forget how they treated the Galar gym leaders. And Bede. The first rival since Silver to not show up in the main anime. Damn...
I just wish that the new anime can expand its core themes
What episode is your pfp from?????

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I mean something like Spe does manage to make it so the wild mon plots still help to advance the main story
I love Spe but no, most of the mons either get shafted or not shown.
Plus it doesn't really give them as much focus
I feel like Bede could’ve served Rinto’s role while also giving better setup for the Darkest Day arc with his connection to Rose.
Heck or give us Wally only. Idk why there was so much hesitation to use him

Luthor

Set clear rules on how certain things work and stick to them. Things like type immunity was at best a bit inconsistent and yet it did not need to be especially in later seasons where they easily could have found logical workarounds.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
And Rinto was the definition of bootleg Wally. There was no way they made a male character with green hair, who also just so happened to own a Gallade, and not think about Wally.
For an anime that is hellbent on promotion they sure make some strange character selection choices. Wally could’ve easily feat for ORAS promo during XY or Journey’s since they were featuring elements from all past sagas. I would really like to know the selection process for game characters to appear in the anime. You got Barry, who was a recurring character, then Cheren who appeared for one episode only and many others who never appeared at all, despite being quite prominent in the games. It seems like the selection is completely random.