• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things the next Anime could do to improve upon the last.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Funny because the actor in It's Always Sunny plays Fred in Velma

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I really want to be exactly like the video game, like Pokemon evolve via levels and learn new moves. And you access this all via the pokedex. I just want a much more accurate game experience in the anime.

that would mean pokemon could no longer dodge attacks as well, and a lot of other restrictions would be in place.

I agree that the pokemon's growth should stop being handicapped by marketing but other factors should still be applied.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Funny because the actor in It's Always Sunny plays Fred in Velma
From the clips I've seen all the voice actors except Velma ironically have been amazing, even the animation is really fluid. It's a well made show by all accounts, but the story and writing are so atrocious it just makes it unwatchable and a desecration to the Scooby Doo franchise
Sadly it's definitely getting a S2 tho

Gingertail24

From the clips I've seen all the voice actors except Velma ironically have been amazing, even the animation is really fluid. It's a well made show by all accounts, but the story and writing are so atrocious it just makes it unwatchable and a desecration to the Scooby Doo franchise
Sadly it's definitely getting a S2 tho
What's worse is there is no reason I've seen for them to make it a Scooby show. The only connection is mystery solving. It has very little respect for the source material, you wonder why it couldn't just be it's own thing

Anyways what I hope is the new ane has more interesting back story for the Pokemon and also rivalries. I'm so tired of the abandon Pokemon (unless they bring a new element to it)or the rivalry that are pretty much un evolved form what's to beat it's evolution.

Sham

The Guardian of War
From the clips I've seen all the voice actors except Velma ironically have been amazing.
This might sound controversial but I don’t really care about the outrage going on with that. Scratch that, I don’t care about some of the outrage. Like I get why people are upset and deservedly so but it’s also not lost of me why some people were upset about this show before a trailer came out. Was it needed? Nope. Should it had been a different series? Yep. I heard it slowly gets better as time goes on and then worst. Mindy sure is something though with those “jokes” that are suppose to be funny.

Last edited:

keepitsimple

site of lies
This might sound controversial but I don’t really care about the outrage going on with that. Scratch that, I don’t care about some of the outrage. Like I get why people are upset and deservedly so but it’s also not lost of me why some people were upset about this show before a trailer came out. Was it needed? Should it had been a different series? Yep. I heard it slowly gets better as time goes on and then worst. Mindy sure is something though with those “jokes” that are suppose to be funny.
the me too joke might be the worst thing I've heard in over a year

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This might sound controversial but I don’t really care about the outrage going on with that. Scratch that, I don’t care about some of the outrage. Like I get why people are upset and deservedly so but it’s also not lost of me why some people were upset about this show before a trailer came out. Was it needed? Nope. Should it had been a different series? Yep. I heard it slowly gets better as time goes on and then worst. Mindy sure is something though with those “jokes” that are suppose to be funny.
Na it deserves all the hate it's getting
Even pre trailer we had a lot of interviews by the showmakers and some previews which were just atrocious
It's an unfunny show nobody would want to air attached to a beloved ip to make it air, all while disregarding dumping and disliking the IP itself
The fact some people may have hated it before it had a trailer due to Velma being black probably does have value, but it is by far a minority coz literally everyone jumped on it coz of the way it's content was presented and the snide remarks by the show people

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I know the show is controversial but I didn't think a sarcastic comment would completely derail a thread lol

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
I feel like with Ash leaving and a new protagonist taking over, it might be a good time for the series to take a more seasonal approach rather than a year-round weekly show. It's a pretty outdated format for anime, and really only Pokemon and One Piece are the most popular that still do this (and I could go on and on about what a detriment this has been for the OP anime). Might even help improve the quality of the games, considering I'm pretty sure part of the reason they tend to be rushed nowadays is so they can keep up with the anime's cycle.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Fillers are always gonna exist for a main series Pokemon anime lol, the essence of Pokemon require it
You cant possibly write a narrative showing the entirety of the Pokemon World and it's species without some fillers here and there, plus those are fun too. Not everything needs to just be plot

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Fillers are always gonna exist for a main series Pokemon anime lol, the essence of Pokemon require it
You cant possibly write a narrative showing the entirety of the Pokemon World and it's species without some fillers here and there, plus those are fun too. Not everything needs to just be plot
Some fillers...but each pokemon series has at least a third of the episodes dedicated to them and to filler-like plots. That is way too much and a big chunk of that should go to developing characters (without using filler-like plots) and the story plots instead.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Some fillers...but each pokemon series has at least a third of the episodes dedicated to them and to filler-like plots. That is way too much and a big chunk of that should go to developing characters (without using filler-like plots) and the story plots instead.
What we don't need is cookie cutter fillers without any thought or work put into them and having a standard TR blasting off again plot
They need to be creative and unique
Literally the possibilities are unlimited when it comes to Pokemon, there's so much lore and potential

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
If Team Rocket is for sure going to be in the new series, they need to pet Meowth more often. Cats love that.

Pokeshipper_

Rethinking about Ash leaving the anime and making him return in the next serie and scrap the other two fake protagonists announced.

Codebox

This is what I wish May had went through instead of wins being handed to her easily. I have big problems with May's enormous plot armor. That she always had to win a contest, no matter how bad the situation. Brock, Harley 3x, Phantom Mask. All those victories were clearly a plot armor. The fact that for the entirety of AG she lost only three times, not counting GF is just unbelievable to me. I would have loved to see May struggle in contests. But instead she herself got too good at contests way tooooo quickly.... May relies on stuff like Munchlax's Metronome and Skitty's Assist, her wins don't feel deserved to be honest. Even in Kanto, there was fair and share BS victories, like when she was clearly loses to Brock, or Harley's Ariados. Or the fact, that she literally beated Bannete with Normal moves.
When you mean Harley 3x, do you mean just their battle in the episode "The Saffron Con" where her Squirtle fights Harley's Ariados or all of their fights discounting Harley Rides Again? If it's the latter, I'm curious to hear the reason.

Codebox

- Less emphasis on buttmonkey Pokemon = There always seemed to be a trend of either Ash or companion Pokemon that only served to be buttmonkeys. Goldeen, Starmie, Pidgeotto, Totodile, Torkoal, Torterra, Vulpix, Unfezant etc

- Have a companion actually achieve a goal = What I mean is that, for me it always felt stagnate that every main female of said region had to lose out on a major event that was related to whatever goal they were doing. Specifically having people introduced to knock them out or just never having them win, and after a while it cheapens the experience and makes it feel like you're experiencing the same thing.

- Less plot rehashing = The anime rehashed too many of the same plots with little variation of it, like the Charizard storyline.

- Don't let COD episodes rob development = I think COD episodes serve a purpose to better fledge out the world, so they should be a thing, but don't emphasize them to the point where time could be spent on character development. Have the right balance. Having filler doesn't make something automatically bad.

- Less reliance on plot armor = Don't think I need to explain this

- Don't ship tease= I really don't like it when a show teases ship to only conclude with the ship just being referenced here and their but never concluded.