• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things the next Anime could do to improve upon the last.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, let's see:

1) Make competent original FEMALE trainers, ESPECIALLY Riko/Liko/Rico.

2) DON'T MASSIVELY ALTER AN ESTABLISHED CHARACTER'S BACKSTORY AND PERSONALITY FOR NO REASON. Makes me think they're going fan fic on 'em (they had Hau set for comedy, and yet somehow they destroyed him there).

3) Very impossible, but don't carter to popular Pokemon. But if so, if a main character owns one, please don't make them too much of a battle bot after becoming fully evolved.

4) Don't do romantic plots, because ironically those plots come up when they're not actually trying.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I want them to finally use the level system the games use. I think that is absolutely something the anime should embrace.

agreed, i'd like to see the starters grow akin to the games.

like let them hit their middle forms between the 1st and 2nd gyms, and their final between the 4th and 5th, assuming they focus on paldea.

even so i'm tired of seeing "underdog" fights myself due to the writers trying to keep pokemon down and unevolved for long periods of time due to marketing.

Krackochu

- Cohesive storyline from start to finish.

- Less filler episodes.

- Not only focused on pokemon training, but in character development as well.

- Try not to repeat past storylines.

- Don’t bring game characters to assassinate their personality and motivations in the anime.

- Don’t prioritize COTD over the protagonists who need the screentime to develop.

- No more pokemon’s lost at the league.

- Better pacing.

- Don’t create ships to leave them unresolved.

OK honestly just make the anime a seasonal thing instead of year round that would most likely fix all these problems. Give it idk 20 episodes

Krackochu

Oh my gosh , thank you. I can't tell you how much recent series group dynamics are cute but at the core really boring
SV already does this for the finale of the games. I loved it it feels like everyone was only there because they were pals with the protag it's great.

SkyTheMagicalSpiritualFox

A wild Heavenly Fairy Type Creatures Appeared!
One, if they're going to start replacing the main protagonist in each generation in the anime, I will be okay with that as long as they don't rush riko/liko or any future main characters development, take the time to flesh out theirs story for like 4 or 5 years, It will even help give the future generations of Pokemon games a enough time to be work on,

Two, if they're planning on making her along term main characters than I suggest they just keep her for at least 3 generation, 4 is maybe over doing it, but i really hope they don't keep her going for like 25 year because we don't need another best wishes/main character being soft rebooted scenario, If that happens Than i would rather have ashy boy back as the main protagonist,

Three, If two happen than if she going to lose to anyone at the league, It should be against a elite 4 member or the champion of the region, No more losing to another Ritchie/Harrison/Tyson/Tobias/Cameron/Alain in league tournament,

four I would rather have the anime be an seasonal things *20 to 32 episode max* to help give the anime time to be the best it can be,

And finally five, They should make the newer series more serialized like how OS/AG/DP/BW/XY/SM was and not episodic like journey.

I want them to finally use the level system the games use. I think that is absolutely something the anime should embrace.
Are you Ryan Smith on twitter?

Applecorp

Show Ash's reserves more often. It sucks that most of them didn't get much screentime in Journeys and have only shown up in the new series which is only 11 episodes long anyways.

Rune Knight

I don't exactly have a list of things that I think the anime could improve on, but I do have a wish-list (ten things) that could sort of relate to the subject.
  1. Competent protagonists.
  2. Not have Liko or Roy be related to Ash by blood.
  3. Have Liko be an intelligent battler from the start.
  4. Have Roy be a fan of Ash Ketchum, but only have it mentioned every now and then.
  5. Continuity to previous series, but done well.
  6. Little to no filler episodes.
  7. Less episodes, more quality.
  8. More mature themes (not talking about r-rated stuff).
  9. Minor time-skip. I personally don't want Ash to be an adult, but having him appear as a teenager would be cool.
  10. Linear and good story-telling!

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I changed my mind on what I said before, what we need is a reboot that is pokemon in name only, all of the characters are assholes who hate each other (and not in a funny way like Always Sunny), gratuitous gore and nudity, and Rick and Morty/High on Life tier meta jokes!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I changed my mind on what I said before, what we need is a reboot that is pokemon in name only, all of the characters are assholes who hate each other (and not in a funny way like Always Sunny), gratuitous gore and nudity, and Rick and Morty/High on Life tier meta jokes!
So Velma but with Pokemon?