• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things they didn't have in the Colour and Metal Colour games(R/B/Y/G & G/S/C)

Terry_555

Remember in the old games they didn't have much stuff in battle?

Like backgrounds, it was just plain white and the icons (like this ;136;) where from the older games (like Pikachu Land).

Do any of you know more?

SudowoodoGuy

no double battles

Golde

Always Searching~
Well, if you remeber, between R/B/Y and G/S/C, there was a split. It turned the Special stat into the Special Attack/Defense stats.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I remember Special as one stat in R/B/Y. It made Exxegutor totally indespensible. But yeah, every Pokemons overworld/party sprite was from a stock of 4 or so sprites. It was funny to approach the legendary birds and have their overworld sprites resemble a little robin or something

Delcatty

<-- PMD3 Placeholder
I liked the sprites in GSC because, if I remember correctly, they represented (mostly) the breeding groups, so it was easy to remember who bred with who.

Abilties and natures were not there, and physical and special splits, but those were obvious.
I remembered trying to use my Wobbufet's "Shadow Tag" to catch an Ursaring in Crystal.

I remember Special as one stat in R/B/Y. It made Exxegutor totally indespensible. But yeah, every Pokemons overworld/party sprite was from a stock of 4 or so sprites. It was funny to approach the legendary birds and have their overworld sprites resemble a little robin or something

Yeah, Mewtwo's was funny too. It had the same overworld sprite as Cubone, Nidoran, etc.

They didn't have running shoes. You had to walk until you finally managed to get a bike. Drove me nuts.
One of my friends was playing my Crystal and he tried running. Well obviously he couldn't, so he said: "You suck! You can't even run yet?"

In G/R/B/Y all your items were in the same bag slot.
You couldn't fish while surfing.
In G/R/B/Y you couldn't do a rematch exept for the E4

KetchupO

tωisted
In red/blue Lickitung couldn't learn lick xD
And there was only one dragon type attack.

Profesco

gone gently
In RBY, the only Ghost attacks were Lick, ConfuseRay, and NightShade. And all set-damage attacks broke through immunities. I think Bug was weak to Poison, Psychic was immune to Ghost, Grass was not resistant to Ground, possibly more...

CrYsTaL-Suicune

Trust..Bond of heart
Contests. And the graphics were better of course. And also the berries were given real names, instead of them named after the effects that they cure.

I remember now! When you were surfing, you turn into a Pokemon instead of in the R/S/E and FR/LG series were you, the trainer, are actually riding on a pokemon. In R/B/Y, you turn into Seel and in G/S/C you turn into Lapras.

Right?

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!

Mewtwo was even more indespensible

Recover
Psychic
Blizzard/Ice Beam
....Amnesia!!!!!

Remember????