• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I’ll give an example. Not introducing Walley after all these years once ORAS came around.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
I am disappointed that Team Rainbow Rocket ended up being reduced to nothing special in the Necrozma arc

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Not using the male player character from some games. Sure, GS PC had like two counterparts (Jimmy and Ethan) and Brendan/Lucas cameo'd in the movies but I really wished they were part of the main cast.

It's one of the reasons I like Goh because he is a composite of Chase, Victor and the Go PC.

And I'll probably sound like a broken record at this point but since I do have a bias...

Not giving Chespin to Ash. That decision alone tainted what would be a near-perfect season for me.

Bonus rotten points for screwing the one time the starter split could have been somewhat justified - the Team battle against the XY rivals with the Kanto starters. Why on Earth they thought Ash using Pikachu over Froakie was a good idea? I like Pikachu but that was one time where he shouldn't have been there and just stand in the background playing cheerleader with Bonnie.

EDIT: I also remember how poorly they handled triple battles. I think Pikachu also hogged a battle that he wasn't supposed to. Like Ash could have used the 3 Unova starters for it since he did have them but they blew it up.

Really, they seem incapable of writting triple battles for some reason in the show. I can at least let GF excluding them pass because SM's doubles did seem a bit laggy and 3DS wasn't the most potent console ever.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
The GS ball was also wasted and so were the Heavy balls that Kurt gave Brock and the others.

If I remember right, it was only Takeshi who obtained a Heavy Ball, while Satoshi and Kasumi got a Lure Ball each. I sort of agree regarding the GS Ball being wasted potential, although since the Celebi movie was produced in mid-Jouto, the GS Ball completely lost its importance by then.

blizzardblaze

Imagine if they brought it back only to say it was for Arceus this time or another time travelling Pokemon lol

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Not giving Ash a main female rival. It is pretty sad Katie in the Hoenn League is the closest we got along with Astrid in the XY series being horribly underused. Hopefully the Pokemon 2019 anime can buck the trend since Marnie is a significant character in the Sword/Shield games.

May not catching Swablu. The would be plot line may end up similiar to Ash's Lapras but it is a shame the reunion with its flock occurred in the same episode.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Tsukuyomi56 said:
May not catching Swablu. The would be plot line may end up similiar to Ash's Lapras but it is shame the reunion with its flock occurred in the same episode.

I remember thinking how pointless it was when Haruka bonded with it and simply let it go back into the wild in the same episode. It was almost as irritating as when Masato bonded with Ralts and had to say farewell to it.

DatsRight

While I liked SM opened the floodgates for mythical captures, I did think it was a shame that only Meltan really got to do a significant amount. Poipole and Shaymin were mostly funny background characters, and Nebby and Magearna REALLY should have had more involvement with Lillie.

I also think it's a shame that the show seldom capitalises on any trump card Team Rocket gets for much more than a couple episodes. Catching Chimecho so they can heal themselves from constant twerp attacks? Barely used. More competent active Wobbuffet that can tank even Pikachu? Barely used. Access to Z Moves? Barely used. The Unova promotion and Mimikyu are about the only times they really capitalised on a game changer long term to change up the formula for them and have more than just the exact same curbstomp battle over and over, and even then Mimikyu, sort of drifted into its own formula of unfinished stalemates.

I get they are the bumbling villains and having them put up pro-level battles each time they appeared would likely wear down on the writers, but if you're going to bother teasing them getting a boost and a formula change, at least use it more than once or twice.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
How toned down most of the game characters from the anime are. Granted they have to learn things for being first timers but Ash hogging the spotlights for being the protagonist doesn't really help their issues.

NeedsAName

Literally NEVER showing Porygon2 or Porygon-Z due to a bunch of Tauros-Droppings over some scene that happened TWENTY YEARS AGO and was caused by PIKACHU. The closest Porygon2 and Porygon-Z have come to an anime appearance was that scene with every Pokémon in one of the Gen 5 movies, but that doesn't count. I'd even accept them belonging to some one-off Character of the Day who we never see again! Just give us the Porygons!

Leonhart

Imagineer
RetroPokeFan said:
Delving into Nanu's past with Giovanni (that one scene got me super intrested but nope, it just goes nowhere afterwards :()

I remember some people speculating that it was all leading up to the anime's version of the Rainbow Rocket-dan subplot, although I'm glad that things didn't turn out that way. But I still would've liked to know more about their apparent connection with each other.

blizzardblaze

It's a bit early to say that, so maybe you'll get your wish to come true
after all, it's been speculated on account of merchandise AND the ending that Ash's Lycanroc and his Greninja are going to come back at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.