• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJechgo

I'd like to see the following, but mostly for what development it can bring, as little as it may be.

Have a Trainer with Psychic Pokémon (say 3 like a Hattrem), but all 3 can project a telepathic field and allow Pokémon to speak the human language. Hattrem would act a bit... strange, similar to a fortune teller, and when approaching and analysing Ash and Pikachu, she would go "OooOOOoooOOh! I sense a great bond between you two. You have overcome great hardship and you should be proud." She then analyses Goh and Cinderace, and gives a similar remark.

Goh challenges the Trainer to a 3-on-3 battle, and they would send Hattrem, Dottler and Indeedee... and they ALL can project their telepathy. Goh sends Cinderace, Inteleon and Grookey... and of courrse, they can talk normally. Cinderace reinstates his trust in Goh, Inteleon thanks him for making him evolve and Grookey... might be a bit bummed out that he still hasn't evolved yet. After the battle Grookey evolves into Thwackey, Goh gets pretty nervous due to how Raboot and Drizzile behaved... but thanks to the Psychic Pokémon's field, Goh manages to diffuse the situation and it is revealed that Thwackey still has Grookey's personality.

Later on, that Trainer returns and they face Ash. I'd like Ash to fight them 6-on-6, with Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Greninja (returning), Melmetal and Dragonite. The Trainer's Pokémon emits the telepathic field once again, but this time, before the battles begin, there's a quick flashback-like slideshow of the selected Pokémon and how it came a long way to become one of Ash's friends.

That would be cool :)

beanDude

Reviewer
Easily my biggest complaint about the whole anime was the way they handled Ritchie. The very end of the Indigo League saga felt like it purposefully made Ash and Ritchie's battle disappointing in order to hype up a more mature Ash battling him again in a later season.

Easily my biggest complaint about the whole anime was the way they handled Ritchie. The very end of the Indigo League saga felt like it purposefully made Ash and Ritchie's battle disappointing in order to hype up a more mature Ash battling him again in a later season.
Honestly Ash should of defeated Ritchie and the whole Charizard disobeying Ash happen against Gary so that there rivalry has more meaning

DatsRight

The green girl’s goal from sm - If I wanted to watch someone making a sandwich I would watch Master Chef
I think the problem was more they didn't really intertwine her goal much at all with being a Pokemon trainer, so it was pretty much....a normal chef goal.

It's even stranger considering there were already one offs that demonstrate utilising Pokemon in food professions in whimsical ways, and even some Pokemon dex entries that specifically mention their usage as such, such as ALOLAN Raticate. Tsareena was used about twice in a creative way, otherwise Mallow just dressed her and Shaymin in waitress aprons and they basically just did the job of mini-humans.

Clemont kinda suffered the same issue with his inventor shtick, he didn't use any of his Pokemon (though you could at least have more fun with a wacky gadget guy in the group). Sophocles at least rectified that since his Pokemon were often involved in his gadgetry in some way.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I’m mad they never got rid of Ed Goldfarb. At least in terms of the opening music (the regular music is still trash too but) “Black and White” literally came up on my suggestions and you can really notice a difference in quality in the music from XY and up. I’m not saying all the music is bad (well Under The Alolan Sun should of never existed). Even listening to “Take Me On a Journey” and comparing it to “Unbeatable” or “Pokémon World” is sad. The only reason why “Journey Starts Today” sounds so good is because he didn’t have much influence on it and a band wrote the lyrics. Not everything is bad, “Stand Tall” could of been good with more lyrics (same with Rise to the Challenge but it sounded too much like UTAS) and Under the Alolan Moon was okay-ish. Never really cared for the XY cover of the original theme which he apparently mad the arrangement for.

Last edited:
I’m mad they never got rid of Ed Goldfarb. At least in terms of the opening music (the regular music is still trash too but) “Black and White” literally came up on my suggestions and you can really notice a difference in quality in the music from XY and up. I’m not saying all the music is bad (well Under The Alolan Sun should of never existed). Even listening to “Take Me On a Journey” and comparing it to “Unbeatable” or “Pokémon World” is sad. The only reason why “Journey Starts Today” sounds so good is because he didn’t have much influence on it and a band wrote the lyrics. Not everything is bad, “Stand Tall” could of been good with more lyrics (same with Rise to the Challenge but it sounded too much like UTAS) and Under the Alolan Moon was okay-ish. Never really cared for the XY cover of the original theme which he apparently mad the arrangement for.
I like a lot of opening music. Under the Alolan Sun ws not great, but I have no complaints about anything else.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I thought Under the Alolan Sun was a fun song. And I don't mind most of Goldfarb's music.

At least the dub hasn't tried to use "Faith of the Heart" as their opening.

Sham

I thought Under the Alolan Sun was a fun song. And I don't mind most of Goldfarb's music.

At least the dub hasn't tried to use "Faith of the Heart" as their opening.
I didn't like the over the top auto tune. I mean they aren't bad (some!) but they are pretty whack compared to the earlier music, nostalgia aside. You definitely can tell a difference. And what song is that?

Sham

Not using the original OS-DP soundtracks since DP ended for both the Japanese and English dubs (not including the movie remix versions of them).
At least the sub somewhat pays homage like remixing the DP's gym leader music during the fight with Hala. The dub does none of that. I'm not sure why considering the dub has created amazing tracks like Paul's battle theme.

Sham

Where is the Pokémon theme in dub music? It is one of the best things that will ever come out of the dub.
What are you asking?
Side bar

Looking back at it I didn't know that a good portion of DP's soundtrack wasn't in the original. Those guitars soundtracks hit like grits

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I didn't like the over the top auto tune. I mean they aren't bad (some!) but they are pretty whack compared to the earlier music, nostalgia aside. You definitely can tell a difference. And what song is that?
Faith of the Heart was the controversial opening to "Star Trek: Enterprise" back in the early 2000s. And by controversial, I mean universally hated and didn't fit the theme of the show.

DatsRight

While I get if the dubbers wanted some more 'regional' music style that American viewers would be more used to, I don't get why they usually purged so much of the original game remixes, surely something most fans of Pokemon will recognise and enjoy.

I also never really got the whole 'no silence' rule either. Plenty western cartoons have music-less scenes. If anything the perpetual music in anime dubs makes it feel more alien.

Status
Not open for further replies.