• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsRight

1) neglect of Galar - It's a bit sad that while Galar is the newest region among the generations released, it was so little.
I wanted to meet all the Gallic Pokémon and certain characters, and none of that.

2. May in "Journeys" - it is a pity that in the series, which is so conducive to returns, we were not able to meet her in person. Is it so hard to give her a new VA?
I agree on Galar, especially with how much stuff in that region played off of anime-favoured elements like Meowth and Mr Mime getting new gimmicks and forms.

Concerning May, I think Japan treats seiyuus a lot more respectfully than the west treat voice actors, like they're almost on the level of live action stars there, only replacing them if they outright pass away most of the time. Bonnie's VA was replaced on pregnancy leave, but only temporarily, don't know if May's VA applies the same.

I admit I'd be interested in them bringing back the Hoenn performers if Jessie was involved and they by some miracle actually acknowledged her development since then.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
2. May in "Journeys" - it is a pity that in the series, which is so conducive to returns, we were not able to meet her in person. Is it so hard to give her a new VA?
Japanese VAs are basically gods in Japan.

Remember how they inserted all those anime shout outs for Jessie in SM? It wasn't just for fun. It was more like "see how important this voice actor is to us?"

Gingertail24

If only temporarily, it wouldn't be a problem if they would give May a new VA for one episode of Journeys.
Nope, they just have too much respect for the VAs to that. Which I honestly love. Compared to the USA where people think good actor= good VA. Where many voice actors are ignored just so a celebrity can be hired

Gingertail24

Which is kind of a mistake.
I think that since they have a lot of respect for VA, the creators should ask Kaori for permission to replace her.
I feel that kind of question would just be uncomfortable to ask. Honestly they do t need to ask permission if they wanted to they could, it's their show not Kaori. The fact they don't want to do it is a choice on their part not Kaori, which I genuinely respect

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
1) neglect of Galar - It's a bit sad that while Galar is the newest region among the generations released, it was so little.
I wanted to meet all the Galar Pokémon and certain characters, and none of that.

The fact that we went the entirety of Gen 8 without a Galarian Meowth vs TRio or Galarian Mr Mime vs Mimey is a shame

jjliang

Not necessarily true with actors in Western-produced movies and TV shows. For example, in the case of Paul Newman, Doc Hudson's voice actor from Cars, after Newman died, they decided to kill Doc Hudson off.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I wanted to meet all the Galar Pokémon and certain characters, and none of that.
It’s terrible seeing how neglected an entire region has been, all because they wanted to do something extremely special with the anime to acknowledge the 25th anniversary. Hopefully the SV series returns to being based in the new region.

iraqmaster

Not necessarily true with actors in Western-produced movies and TV shows. For example, in the case of Paul Newman, Doc Hudson's voice actor from Cars, after Newman died, they decided to kill Doc Hudson off.

And in The Simpsons when Phil Hartman was murdered, and Marcia Wallace passed away, they retired their respective characters..

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The way N and Team Plasma were handled and that there was no liberation Pokemon plot; along with resetting Ash and making him an idiot in BW. It was such a missed opportunity to get something like the 1st BW games.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The way N and Team Plasma were handled and that there was no liberation Pokemon plot; along with resetting Ash and making him an idiot in BW. It was such a missed opportunity to get something like the 1st BW games.
I blame that more on the tsunami. When it hit Japan, a lot of changes had to be made it seems and the Plasma vs Rocket arc was just dropped entirely. We never did learn why that stolen meteorite was so important.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
In the Kalos League final, Ash not commanding Greninja to use Water Shuriken against base Charizard while it was raining irked me more than you'd believe. What made it worse is that he did exactly that against Bisharp earlier and the episode tried to frame the rain + Water Shuriken as some difference maker when Bisharp had already fought two hard fought battles against Hawlucha and Goodra, and you would expect the ace to make quick work of it regardless. That particular sequence just felt really contrived to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.