• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed Team Rocket's Gachapon machine for random Pokemon battles that tied to the theme of the episode.

But even after they abandoned it, I really had hoped they'd get new members. Specially these:

Jessie:

Morgrem/Grimmsnarl-A prideful and vain Pokemon that hearkens back to Jessie's Pokemon Contest days and gives her a strong Pokemon to utilize in battle.

James:

Hattrem/Hatterene-A graceful Pokemon that James as a close relationship with, but continously gets pummeled by it because of his outbursts, loudness or strong emotions.

Morpkeo could've just been there as a third member to the duo that is Wobbuffett and Meowth

Additional notes: Sneasler for Jessie and Overqwil for James is also good.
CRAMORANT

PCN24454

Preferring to make forgettable COTD’s instead of adapting characters from the games. So many protags, Elites and Gym Leaders ect they could’ve adapted to make interesting fillers or actual character development episodes.
That would be boring and predictable

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
That would be boring and predictable
moreso than having a bunch of generic interchangeable one-off characters you'll never see again? I'm not against the concept of CotDs, but Pokemon's are barely ever good after gen 1, with a few exceptions.
Its a great postgame plot with a cool new enemy.
XY_Essentia.png
To be fair even with XY's heavier tone, the Emma story may have been a bit too much for the anime to do

PCN24454

moreso than having a bunch of generic interchangeable one-off characters you'll never see again? I'm not against the concept of CotDs, but Pokemon's are barely ever good after gen 1, with a few exceptions.
Yes, it would’ve been more boring snd monotonous.

Not to mention a complete waste of an adventure.

It’s my biggest gripe with DP: too many recurring characters. It hardly even felt like Ash accomplished anything because he kept fighting the same people over and over again.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Ugh didn’t give Alder and Cynthia a battle during BW. It would have been our first time seen Champion vs Champion plus they had an interesting dynamic

Not giving Ash another Pokémon that actually replaced Goodra

Didn’t give us AG-DP Contests (assuming they exist since Dawn never called them Contests Speculators like Serena did) instead of teasing it in her first episode.

Using Zinnia nowhere in the story despite possibly being involved included in the Zygrade issue as reason why she’s there.

URS probably would have been better than the Ultra Guardians tbh

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Do I really have to repeat the silliness that was anime!Lysandre's plan yet again or what.
I mean Game Lysandre's plan was "imma make this world beautiful again by committing genocide and only the rich and greedy will survive"

DayQuil95

Do I really have to repeat the silliness that was anime!Lysandre's plan yet again or what.
Games Lysandre was just as silly, with the difference that in the anime we had a colossal battle royale involving every gym leader, the major characters, two champions, Alain, Ash, and 100% Zygarde going all-out, while in the games we had... Uh, that.

DatsRight

I have to say I can kinda take the games silliness since it was at least somewhat intentional. They actually made fun of how pretentious and grandoise Team Flare were supposed to be (heck it even shows in their name), while the anime wanted you to take them perfectly straight faced.

I also feel a bit like the anime's big epic face off was undermined by the fact that as soon as the legendary of the plot stopped being suicidally petulant it just sighed "Fiiiiine...", got up and pinky flicked the threat away like it was absolutely nothing, meaning the whole time there weren't really any stakes.

DayQuil95

I also feel a bit like the anime's big epic face off was undermined by the fact that as soon as the legendary of the plot stopped being suicidally petulant it just sighed "Fiiiiine...", got up and pinky flicked the threat away like it was absolutely nothing, meaning the whole time there weren't really any stakes.
I get where you're coming from, but the entire conflict was about Squishy or whatever that green slime was called talking to Megazord to pleasy please not destroy the entire world, which is where Bonnie's importance comes in for the arc. So there were definitely stakes, but they were mostly put aside for the classic trope of a little kid with a demon that can destroy the world by saving everything lol

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Lillie should have battled more, caught another Pokemon like Alola Sandshrew or as Clefairy, and she should have beaten Gladion and Ash in the League.

DayQuil95

Game!Lysandre literally tricked a lot of rich guys to join him, while anime!Lysandre's grunts aren't even stated to be rich. Only for that alone makes him less sillier than anime!Lysandre.
I still would prefer the dude Darth Sidious'd Alain's easily-manipulated self and caused a crisis on that level with two champions barely being enough to take him down over Game Lysandre, the anime plot just felt much more engaging for TF, which is obvious since the anime will have viewers focus more on the engagement than gameplay

PCN24454

Yeah learning more about game characters and seeing the anime’s approach to the their personalities and who they are is boring and predictable.

Forgettable, rinse and repeat COTDs is what’s boring and predictable.
You’re able to be more flexible with OCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.