• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaRulez

I get this mostly just down to the change in tone as time passed and the series becoming more idealistic, but it'd be interesting if they ever went back to showing shades of Kanto's 'git gud' attitude, especially since it supposedly formed a lot of the personalities of the original cast. Journeys actually had some lost potential showing all the different ethics spread across the different regions.

I thought Ash's Kanto journey was hard for him because of his lack of experience not just because the characters in that series were elitists. If you look at his team from Kanto you can tell that he did not deserve to make it far in the Kanto league.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
I thought Ash's Kanto journey was hard for him because of his lack of experience not just because the characters in that series were elitists. If you look at his team from Kanto you can tell that he did not deserve to make it far in the Kanto league.

I also think that part of the reason why Kanto might've seemed like a cruel place in OS was because of Satoshi being a newbie back then. I will say however that the Sekiei League's later rounds were oddly anti-climactic: Satoshi versus Hiroshi was rather dull when you realize that Hiroshi's team consisted of a Pikachu, Hitokage, and Butterfree, while Satoshi had Pikachu, Zenigame, Fushigidane, Pigeon, and a disobedient Lizardon. Then the last battle that we saw between Hiroshi and Sayuri [which we only saw through a montage that lasted about five seconds] involved things like an Onisuzume and a Menokurage battling each other.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I also think that part of the reason why Kanto might've seemed like a cruel place in OS was because of Satoshi being a newbie back then. I will say however that the Sekiei League's later rounds were oddly anti-climactic: Satoshi versus Hiroshi was rather dull when you realize that Hiroshi's team consisted of a Pikachu, Hitokage, and Butterfree, while Satoshi had Pikachu, Zenigame, Fushigidane, Pigeon, and a disobedient Lizardon. Then the last battle that we saw between Hiroshi and Sayuri [which we only saw through a montage that lasted about five seconds] involved things like an Onisuzume and a Menokurage battling each other.
I think because Kanto arc don't do high levels powerful and full evolved Pokemon battles and shudõ like losers ville humor what that do intended for light or not.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Redstar45 said:
I think because Kanto arc don't do high levels powerful and full evolved Pokemon battles and shudõ like losers ville humor what that do intended for light or not.

Kanto did sort of lack a leveling curve since almost every trainer that we met back then [other than Gym Leaders] were on par with Satoshi in terms of their achievements. Even Shigeru was essentially on Satoshi's level since despite winning ten badges and having 200 Pokemon, he got knocked out of the Sekiei League Conference one round before Satoshi did.

Redstar45

Kanto did sort of lack a leveling curve since almost every trainer that we met back then [other than Gym Leaders] were on par with Satoshi in terms of their achievements. Even Shigeru was essentially on Satoshi's level since despite winning ten badges and having 200 Pokemon, he got knocked out of the Sekiei League Conference one round before Satoshi did.
That is Pretty what i also thought as well ,and have you noticed that since OI arc all pokemon battle now used high levels powerful and full evolved Pokemon and they seem base off the event of Pokemon special manga little bit in that idea.

SerenaRulez

We need more special episodes period. Seeing how Ash's old pals are doing is more interesting than watching random filler episodes...

I would want more Chronicles episodes where we find out what Dawn and Serena and Iris are up to. The better situation would be to see those characters meet Ash again in Journeys but I don't have optimism that they will return there. :(

Sham

The Guardian of War
While I’m glad they are finally returning companions again in the main series, kinda weird they aren’t returning Lillie since she was essentially the “Pokegirl” of the SM series and it was implied at the end she’ll be returning to school once she’s done. I’m guessing we’ll get an arc dedicated to her where she’s looking for Mohn since her conclusion did end on a cliffhanger. Is this the first time a plot was concluded in a different series it started in?

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
I would want more Chronicles episodes where we find out what Dawn and Serena and Iris are up to. The better situation would be to see those characters meet Ash again in Journeys but I don't have optimism that they will return there. :(

I'd rather see them appear in the main series instead, but I suppose that more special episodes would be nice either way. Perhaps the old traveling companions can return in specials while old Gym Leaders and rivals can appear in the main series.

Mew29240

While I’m glad they are finally returning companions again in the main series, kinda weird they aren’t returning Lillie since she was essentially the “Pokegirl” of the SM series and it was implied at the end she’ll be returning to school once she’s done. I’m guessing we’ll get an arc dedicated to her where she’s looking for Mohn since her conclusion did end on a cliffhanger. Is this the first time a plot was concluded in a different series it started in?

Does Misty and her Togepi count? It didn't have an arc for itself per say, but it was a "mysterious" Pokemon the group didn't know anything about.

Applecorp

Does Misty and her Togepi count? It didn't have an arc for itself per say, but it was a "mysterious" Pokemon the group didn't know anything about.

I thought that mini arc came too suddenly. Togepi was useless in Kanto and Johto sure but I never wanted it to get closure because it was just a baby and that's what it did best.

I also thought it was messed up that Misty had to let Togetic go instead of keeping it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I thought that mini arc came too suddenly. Togepi was useless in Kanto and Johto sure but I never wanted it to get closure because it was just a baby and that's what it did best.

I also thought it was messed up that Misty had to let Togetic go instead of keeping it.
I understood why Misty let Togetic go. The Togetic of the Mirage World were weak and prone to getting seriously harmed should anything gain access to the dimension and start attacking them. Togetic was a natural choice for being the protector of these Togepi. As a Togepi, it used its Metronome more often to help or protect its friends from any harm such as when that giant boulder was about to fall on top of everyone.

DatsRight

It only feels cruel because the Togepi line fell to the same uniqueness decay that a lot of promoted Pokemon do in later parts of the show. Misty's Togepi and its kin were treated like a mysterious 'special' lot that had to leave to their own dimension, and yet by DP, Togepi are pretty standard Pokemon with Dawn even allowed to keep its new second evolution with little fanfare.

It's like Bill never getting to see that mysterious Pokemon, while Iris and Ash actually own one each.

Here's another small one. While I didn't mind the SM league final, I will admit it could have been cooler if if it had been a 4 on 4 that took place AFTER the Guzzlord attack. I liked the mythical vs legendary premise with Melmetal, but making Silvally's final opponent an Ultra Beast would have been an even cooler touch.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:

I figure that since Kasumi wasn't a regular character anymore, it didn't really matter if she had kept it or not since we'd rarely see it, anyway. I'm more upset that Kasumi only had Ruriri for a few episodes in AG before it disappeared completely in SM.

Sham

The Guardian of War
It only feels cruel because the Togepi line fell to the same uniqueness decay that a lot of promoted Pokemon do in later parts of the show. Misty's Togepi and its kin were treated like a mysterious 'special' lot that had to leave to their own dimension, and yet by DP, Togepi are pretty standard Pokemon with Dawn even allowed to keep its new second evolution with little fanfare.

It's like Bill never getting to see that mysterious Pokemon, while Iris and Ash actually own one each.

Here's another small one. While I didn't mind the SM league final, I will admit it could have been cooler if if it had been a 4 on 4 that took place AFTER the Guzzlord attack. I liked the mythical vs legendary premise with Melmetal, but making Silvally's final opponent an Ultra Beast would have been an even cooler touch.
Probably due to the fact the Pokémon world is always changing. There are things here currently that were more rare or unstudied compared to centuries ago and vice versa. We see this in the games how Pokémon like Eevee were not normally found in the wild prior to gen five. It’s almost like how legendaries and mythicals were seen as these super rare and unobtainable Pokémon and now practically anyone can get them; games and anime. Dragonite might of been a rare Pokémon once upon a time but now not so much.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It's amazing how much the world changed between the start of Ash's journey and present day despite less than one year having passed :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
It's amazing how much the world changed between the start of Ash's journey and present day despite less than one year having passed :p

I don't typically mind changes, although there have been a few aesthetic decisions that irk me, such as the drastic design change of the Hanada Gym. I think its new design looks awful: it lacks the charm of the original.

Redstar45

Leonhart said:
Oh yeah SM did forget that Cute Water Mouse ?

Status
Not open for further replies.