• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Yeah, that's the point. We also only had one Sky Battle.
Well, you only mentioned the Maractus one which was BW53; I'm pointing out that XY42 also had one. And I had also forgotten that SM112 had one as well, albeit an uncompleted one.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Triple Battles.

We only had one, and it actually was just a stupid Maractus trio dance practice.

This.

I really dislike Pikachu took one of the starters' place (don't remember which one since it's been years since I watched it). I love Pikachu but it was one of the few times I felt he stole someone's else thunder.

By the way, I really miss the format in the games. It was my favorite back in the day.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I was never a big fan of Triple or Rotation Battles, although I did find it strange that BW didn't expand on them by including them more frequently. They could've had that be a gimmick at one of the Gyms for instance.
To be honest, I really didnt like these formats in the games so I couldnt care less about it not appearing in the anime

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This.

I really dislike Pikachu took one of the starters' place (don't remember which one since it's been years since I watched it). I love Pikachu but it was one of the few times I felt he stole someone's else thunder.

By the way, I really miss the format in the games. It was my favorite back in the day.
They are sort of alive in Pokemon Masters, at least.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I was never a big fan of Triple or Rotation Battles, although I did find it strange that BW didn't expand on them by including them more frequently. They could've had that be a gimmick at one of the Gyms for instance.

The Virbank gym woulda been the perfect place for a triple or rotation battle since it was the last gym and special battle rules woulda made it stand out.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
The Virbank gym woulda been the perfect place for a triple or rotation battle since it was the last gym and special battle rules woulda made it stand out.

Either there, or during one of the many tournaments in BW. The Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup would've been a great opportunity since pretty much everyone who competed there had at least three Pokemon.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Will forever be disappointed about how much of SM/USUM’s stories were altered or outright excluded from the anime
Agreed. Which was weird because they had the time to do it since they dedicated literally none of the three movies towards Gen 7 besides mythical cameos. It's sad the series that was the most plot centric was done dirty just because the writers decided to focus more on slapstick. I had thought that since we got no Alola movies most of the game material would be heavily focused on in the main series.

RafaSceptile

Let’s be honest here. Ash not getting a Mega was a good thing because if he did, we all know it would have been Charizard since it keeps showing up in every region since the Battle Frontier and only skipped Hoenn. Which one they’d give him could go either way but it would still be Charizard and fans complaining about Gen I favoritism even though Ash also has Heracross which hasn’t seen use since a Johto that could Mega Evolve in Kalos and Sceptile And Glalie right after ORAS was released halfway through Kalos. They would never be chosen over Charizard.

Charizard should be better than last minute Ash-Greninja plot, especially because Charizard was developmented before so it should not take screentime to the rest of Ash's XY Team as Greninja did it during XY&Z

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Agreed. Which was weird because they had the time to do it since they dedicated literally none of the three movies towards Gen 7 besides mythical cameos. It's sad the series that was the most plot centric was done dirty just because the writers decided to focus more on slapstick. I had thought that since we got no Alola movies most of the game material would be heavily focused on in the main series.
Forgot that none of the Gen 7 movies weren't Alola centered aside from forcing Marshadow and Zeraora into the plots. That makes it even worse. So much potential down the drain

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
Forgot that none of the Gen 7 movies weren't Alola centered aside from forcing Marshadow and Zeraora into the plots. That makes it even worse. So much potential down the drain

If I had my way, Marshadow wouldn't have appeared in the 20th movie anyway since its role there was minor and contrived from my perspective. The movie was a success mainly because of its nostalgia angle, which meant that Marshadow was always going to be overshadowed by that.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I mean at least the American audience finally got an ACCURATE version of the original movie since I believe 4kids maybe made their own plot points apparently?

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sham said:
I mean at least the American audience finally got an ACCURATE version of the original movie since I believe 4kids maybe their own plot points apparently?

From what I heard the first half of the Movie 22 dub was fairly accurate and had dialogue that was consistent with the Japanese version, but then the second half of the movie's dub started wavering and recycled some of 4Kids' dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.