• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It's clear by the plot narrative that the exhibition match is part of the league arc of the Sun Moon series. So having a problem with people including it when talking about the Alola league is silly and nitpicky.

Also imagine thinking Harrison Morrison or Tyson were good rivals. Their battles were terrible and most of their mons garbage. Guzma, gladion and kukui are 10x more better but I guess nostalgia tinted glasses never wear off.

RafaSceptile

It's clear by the plot narrative that the exhibition match is part of the league arc of the Sun Moon series. So having a problem with people including it when talking about the Alola league is silly and nitpicky.

Also imagine thinking Harrison Morrison or Tyson were good rivals. Their battles were terrible and most of their mons garbage. Guzma, gladion and kukui are 10x more better but I guess nostalgia tinted glasses never wear off.

To be fair...Ash VS Morrison was at least unique in the sense of Morrison refusing to combat against a close friend. But Ash VS Katie and Ash VS Tyson are not different to other league battles before of the Hoenn League, they are a downgrade of Ash VS Gary and Ash VS Harrison

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Literally, Ash VS Katie was more like Ash VS "Who?!", the battle itself is good, nothing special
The battle was great* 10x more better than Guzma/Gladion/Kukui battles

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Ash VS Katie is not nearly as good as Ash VS Kukui or better.
Here are people that think Ash VS Kukui was better than Ash VS Paul (the before unanimously better battle), so yeah, Ash VS Katie is a lot worse, especially when Katie is a CotD
Your logic is Ash vs Katie is worse than Ash vs Kukui because Katie is a COTD yet couldn't come up with a real answer as to how it's worse.So I guess you're too afraid to admit that Ash vs Katie had more strategy than Ash vs Kukui.

RafaSceptile

Yes, characters are as relevant as the battle itself, battles like Ash VS Paul, Ash VS Kukui and Ash VS Sawyer are great because they have great characters and the battle is amazing, this isn't the case with Ash VS Katie, especially with the character

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Yes, characters are as relevant as the battle itself, battles like Ash VS Paul, Ash VS Kukui and Ash VS Sawyer are great because they have great characters and the battle is amazing, this isn't the case with Ash VS Katie, especially with the character
I never found Sawyer to be appealing at all but I still gave the battle props,I grade the Ash/Paul battles on how good they were.

RafaSceptile

Ash VS Kukui > Ash VS Sawyer, Kukui was a character introduced since the start of the series, he was Ash's father figure in the series, the battle was 2 twice longer and it has 2 final battles, Incineroar VS Torracat and Pikachu VS Tapu Koko

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure

Sure, it is part of the league arc yet it is not part of the league tournament itself.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I'll give one per region:
OS: Johto's entire season is wasted potential. Most of the new Pokemon were underutilized.
AG: Groudon and Kyogre.
DP: Giving more insight on the infamous Champions Tournament.
BW: There's so much lol. Biggest is how underwhelming every character from the main cast to the rivals to N felt. Also "serious" Team Rocket was awful.
XY: AZ and Emma.
SM: Nearly butchered Gen 7's ploy story with the Aether family, Guzma, Hau, UBs, and Necrozma. Where was Looker? I honestly think that any plot derived from the games was terribly executed in the SM anime.
PJ: World traveling is wasted potential incarnate. Would've much preferred a Galar series instead

Status
Not open for further replies.