• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonnas said:
Maybe if they'd change the school and have it be a private school would it make more sense considering how few students/teachers there were?

That would've been an interesting concept, although it would beg the question of why a private school would even exist if it there were only going to be six pupils in attendance.

RetroPokeFan

Not sure if this was mentioned before but the fact they never bothered/couldn't care enough to do a filler episode about Ash having to deal with being a Pikachu when he got turned into one in Johto just annoys me for some reason.

There was so many crazy ideas they could have done like having a role reversal where Team Rocket capture Ash (thinking that he's Pikachu) leaving his Pikachu to save him or a bunch of other shenangians but NOPE, this is the boring ol' Johto era where barely any fun is allowed so next episode he just turns back into Ash and it's on to the next tiring filler episode I couldn't care less about.

*sigh*

Leonhart

Imagineer
RetroPokeFan said:
Not sure if this was mentioned before but the fact they never bothered/couldn't care enough to do a filler episode about Ash having to deal with being a Pikachu when he got turned into one in Johto just annoys me for some reason.

There was so many crazy ideas they could have done like having a role reversal where Team Rocket capture Ash (thinking that he's Pikachu) leaving his Pikachu to save him or a bunch of other shenangians but NOPE, this is the boring ol' Johto era where barely any fun is allowed so next episode he just turns back into Ash and it's on to the next tiring filler episode I couldn't care less about.

*sigh*

I do think that they could've at least spent half an episode focusing more on that special transformation instead of it being dispelled at the beginning of EP242. It was a gimmicky situation, but seeing Satoshi become a Pikachu would've been more intriguing if we had gotten more out of it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BabaVanga said:
Vito Winstrate. He could've been a rival or a dream crusher but anime staff decided to turn him into a joke.

I would've at least liked to have seen him at the Houen League, although I don't think he should've been the "dream crusher" in place of Tetsuya since even in the games Ryouhei wasn't particularly strong.

TheCrazyMaster

I think I'm pretty disappointed that Delia didn't stay in Alola. For one thing, the winning a free trip to Alola part felt kind of pointless considering that she could just visit whenever. Also if the series could have focus more on individual goals than SOL, then we could've seen what I would consider one of the more unique rivalries throughout the course of the anime, the one between parent and child. It's been stated before that Delia has the potential to be a great trainer and that her personality closely mirrors Ash, and I would've loved to see her travel across the region and develop a team and actually become a rival.
I know that lot's of people love Kukui, but I felt like the show only tapped into that father/son bond whenever it was convenient, and that it conveyed the message that Ash was a child being raised under the guidance of an adult. I would've preferred seeing the parallels between Ash and his mother throughout the series as trainers and watch them learn from one another, maybe starting off mostly with Ash guiding his mother, but then as the series progressed we could see Ash develop a newfound respect for her.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I think I'm pretty disappointed that Delia didn't stay in Alola. For one thing, the winning a free trip to Alola part felt kind of pointless considering that she could just visit whenever. Also if the series could have focus more on individual goals than SOL, then we could've seen what I would consider one of the more unique rivalries throughout the course of the anime, the one between parent and child. It's been stated before that Delia has the potential to be a great trainer and that her personality closely mirrors Ash, and I would've loved to see her travel across the region and develop a team and actually become a rival.
I know that lot's of people love Kukui, but I felt like the show only tapped into that father/son bond whenever it was convenient, and that it conveyed the message that Ash was a child being raised under the guidance of an adult. I would've preferred seeing the parallels between Ash and his mother throughout the series as trainers and watch them learn from one another, maybe starting off mostly with Ash guiding his mother, but then as the series progressed we could see Ash develop a newfound respect for her.
I wondered if that would be better for Sm...if they did go that route and i did like Hanako/Delia did battle alongside with her Son Satoshi/Ash in sm and in the Novelization she was a ok Pokemon Trainer in her times and i like Kukui-Sensei but i would like to see satoshi's Mom spend more times with Satoshi .

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
Definitely he could have been Ash's main rival at the Hoenn League instead of Morrison and Tyson taking that role.

He would've at least been a good replacement for Masamune, whom I never really liked since he felt like a character from a completely different anime to me. As good as AG was, the lack of a full-time rival for Satoshi always mystified me since it would've added an extra layer of character interactions for Satoshi.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Not sure if I'm too upset with any of these not happening but...

Going more in depth with Ash and Gary's rivalry. I've always wanted to know why Gary was the way he was in the first part of the Original Series (Indigo League). Of course, that's just his personality too. But more so why there was such an antagonizing rift I guess I want to say between Ash and Gary. Like, what happened?

Have Leaf (name may or may not be kept the same) appear in the anime as a secondary rival in the original series. There's a reason she was not featured in the anime but I forget what it is. She would seem like she would be a funny and entertaining character.

This one's absurd, but you know the Meowth crush episodes? Well what if it was reversed and it was another cat Pokémon that was crushing on Meowth much to Meowth's confusion perhaps since he's always been rejected. I thought of this because when Meowth finds a new crush which happens maybe once or twice in a series, he kind of reminds me of Brock with how excited he gets. Now there's that one episode way back in Johto in which it's reversed and a girl actually falls for Brock. It could end with the Pokémon eventually changing her mind about Meowth once she finds out he's part of an organization that steals Pokémon. Initially, she wouldn't know he was part of Team Rocket at first. Maybe he would be out by himself momentarily without Jessie and James. Or maybe she spots another Pokémon quickly forgetting about Meowth.

Like I said, this one's an absurd idea and the worst part is, I think I read too much into it lol.

Have James do something as in have him participate in something. Jessie has done contests and performances. He did participate in the Aloha league though but I'm not sure if that counts.

Have just a few more episodes of Ash's Charmeleon but still keep the concept of it evolving way too soon into a Charizard. I would have liked to have seen more of Ash's Charmeleon and it's attitude.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Going more in depth with Ash and Gary's rivalry. I've always wanted to know why Gary was the way he was in the first part of the Original Series (Indigo League). Of course, that's just his personality too. But more so why there was such an antagonizing rift I guess I want to say between Ash

Have Leaf (name may or may not be kept the same) appear in the anime as a secondary rival in the original series. There's a reason she was not featured in the anime but I forget what it is. She would seem like she would be a funny and entertaining character.

Have just a few more episodes of Ash's Charmeleon but still keep the concept of it evolving way too soon into a Charizard. I would have liked to have seen more of Ash's Charmeleon and it's attitude
I do agree with all that and i would like to see An adaptation of the characters from Pokemon special manga.....Yellow in original series or something like that i would like a Shudõ-san take on classic pocket monsters special 's Yellow !!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I feel like the anime could've handled the UB/Ultra Space aspect of Alola much better. Ultra Guardians were cool the first time but got pretty dull and predictable (Xurkitree/Blacephalon still have the best episode).

We could've seen:
-each UB's home (they went out of their way to give the only UB without a confirmed world one)
-Ultra Megalopolis and the URS
-the effects of Necrozma's influence on Ultra Space (could've given the surplus of Legendary appearances in SM's last year an actual reason for appearing)
-Potential clue to Mohn
-Maybe Rainbow Rocket

But we got stuck with some mediocre Power Rangers instead

Last edited:

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Lillie never used that Ice Stone, it just sat in her bag for all eternity. Not even in the League did Shiron change its mind to use it, which I felt would've been a good and awesome time to. It's pretty much the complete OPPOSITE of the Chekhov's Gun trope. =3=
Also Shiron never learned more than two fricking offensive moves it's so useless when it can't ice everything to death with its weakass Powder Snow. Why tackle and not something like Extrasensory? Why not replace the damn Powder Snow with Ice Beam? That would've given it a power boost. :///

The species can't even LEARN Tackle either wtf??? Lillie's fricking Vulpix is hacked or something.

Last edited:

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Lillie never used that Ice Stone, it just sat in her bag for all eternity. Not even in the League did Shiron change its mind to use it, which I felt would've been a good and awesome time to.
Also Shiron never learned more than two fricking offensive moves it's so useless when it can't ice everything to death with its weakass Powder Snow. Why tackle and not something like Extrasensory? Why not replace the damn Powder Snow with Ice Beam? That would've given it a power boost. :///

The species can't even LEARN Tackle either wtf??? Lillie's fricking Vulpix is hacked or something.

I agree her Vulpix has a terrible moveset.I would’ve upgraded powder snow with icy wind or frost breath.Then replaced Tackle with Dazzling Gleam (If it can even learn that)

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Lillie never used that Ice Stone, it just sat in her bag for all eternity. Not even in the League did Shiron change its mind to use it, which I felt would've been a good and awesome time to.

Yeah Snowy failing to evolve was just a big wtf situation. People say Alolan Vulpix was just more popular than Alolan Ninetales or that Lillie didn't deserved a strong Pokemon but that's bullcrap. One evolution on her team wouldn't have hurt anything.

DatsRight

Leaving Lillie stagnant for most of the series seemed pointless. Even if they wanted Snowy to stay a Vulpix they could have spruced things up a bit by letting it learn new move or two or, you know, letting her get her secondary Pokemon before the LAST TWO EPISODES so Snowy at least had a teammate to interact with (why the hell was Nebby so underplayed?).

It was weird how they left the girls sidelined for so long. Even Mallow and Lana didn't get their secondaries until the last year and Popplio didn't even evolve until after that (Tsareena was one of the first to fully evolve but all the same Mallow did so little with her and Shaymin). Kiawe and Sophocles didn't get much more, but at least they caught Marowak and Charjabug very early on so had some character extension to play with for most of the series and weren't stuck in 'Aquaman' roles where they were rarely useful outside their type specialty.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
Yeah Snowy failing to evolve was just a big wtf situation. People say Alolan Vulpix was just more popular than Alolan Ninetales or that Lillie didn't deserved a strong Pokemon but that's bullcrap. One evolution on her team wouldn't have hurt anything.

I don't think that Shiron staying un-evolved was a result of the writers not wanting Lilie to have a powerful Pokemon anyway, otherwise they wouldn't have let her become Magearna's caretaker at the end of SM. I think that marketability was probably the deciding factor.

SerenaRulez

I liked Snowy but you're absolutely right that it should have evolved and learned better moves too. If I had to guess the writing staff probably didn't think Lillie needed to battle that much so they avoided developing Snowy. :(

DatsRight

Even besides battling, Lillie training and doing things with Snowy (or another Pokemon) would have added to her development and agency. There were too many lulls of episodes where Lillie didn't do much besides a situation they needed Powder Snow (and even there Lana ultimately rendered that redundant by teaching Primarina Icy Wind).

The only other signature Pokemon that was more stagnant was Togedemaru, and even she at least was prominent comic relief, and had an Electric niche that wasn't made obsolete by anyone else. Besides that she wasn't Sophocles' ONLY Pokemon for most of the series either.

Status
Not open for further replies.