• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Serena's design change was a good way to see who actually liked her and who only fangirled over her looks. I do recall some people did stop liking her after the change, which only showed how shallow their attachment was to her to begin with.
I honestly think her shorter hairstyle fits her better. Her new attire was pretty weird though.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
i wouldn't say i'm mad about it, but i was hoping the first episode of 2019 would show how pikachu was caught

it's still one of my favorite episodes though, and it was still nice to see it before it evolved and to actually see it evolve as well
I think it was fine for what it was. In many ways, the final shot of Pikachu running towards the camera is a nod to Yellow opening so in a way it closes the story.

I mean, there's not much to tell in what's basically "Oak spots Pikachu, either battles or Goh to throw a ball to catch him"
I'm bothered that Goodra wasn't confirmed on Iris' team. Based on the context of that scene, it can be implied she has it because she had 1 spot left on her team and becoming champion with only 5 pokemon doesn't really make sense, but not completely confirming it annoys me. Maybe we'll see her again in Journey's during the Masters 8 and it will be confirmed then.
Honestly, I don't mind Iris getting Goodra, but I kind of wish it was Kommo-o instead. The line really needs better representation and the species fits Iris the best IMHO
Serena's design change was a good way to see who actually liked her and who only fangirled over her looks. I do recall some people did stop liking her after the change, which only showed how shallow their attachment was to her to begin with.
I didn't like it at first, but it really grew on me. Great look and a good way to implement the games' character customization while surprising the viewers by doing their own thing.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
My hunch is that the tournament has been retconned considering that we didn't hear about it in Kalos (The Most Battle Focused Series) when Alain won. And the PWC was introduced in this series.
Interestingly enough, Driftveil's PWT was mentioned this series. Lance was said to have won it in ep 12

Morax

King of heroes
My hunch is that the tournament has been retconned considering that we didn't hear about it in Kalos (The Most Battle Focused Series) when Alain won. And the PWC was introduced in this series.
I wouldn't call it a retcon. Retroactive continuity is when you expunge events that have already happened in the show. For example ignoring the fact that ash won the alola league or that serena kissed him would be a retcon.

The champion's league was a concept that was merely namedropped, they never explored it. Remember "lapardian highlands" from that XY episode when they meet diantha? That's another location/concept that was namedropped but never expanded upon. Same with bond phenomenon and GS ball. These aren't retcons but more like potential plots that haven't been touched yet.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Out of these only Johto actually had a change, the rest were still the same rigid format, changing battlefields isn't much of a change lol
Hoenn double battles. Which reminds me, I still which rotation battles had appeared in the anime, and that triple battles had been more common. They only appeared in BW53 and XY42 iirc.
The episode whose English title was trying hard to tie the Magearna movie with...but said episode was utterly unrelated to it.
Could you please let me know which title you're talking about? I don't remember.
The line really needs better representation and the species fits Iris the best IMHO
Yes, I was horrified at how little they appeared in SM. I don't even think Ash has seen all of them with his own eyes.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I think I said this already but I want the writers in jail for not recreating Iris’ Champion theme. She arguably has the most unique one and it would been great instead of being spammed yet again with the Galar title theme. It’s weird because we technically got Gary’s champion theme created though.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I think I said this already but I want the writers in jail for not recreating Iris’ Champion theme. She arguably has the most unique one and it would been great instead of being spammed yet again with the Galar title theme. It’s weird because we technically got Gary’s champion theme created though.
When did we get Gary's champion theme?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I'm still a bit miffed that the anime picked this generation, of all generations, to switch up the formula. Why did the anime have to do the World Tournament thing right when it reached the games where 'Pokémon battling as a sport' is the main focus? The anime could've benefitted so much from the elements they had in the games. The games borrowed heavily from the anime's League format, and it would've been great to see the anime expand upon it even more by adding more rivals, or maybe giving characters like Marnie more focus. Gym Challenges are another element that would've fit really well into the show; it would've been fun to see Ash bumble around while herding Wooloo, compete with Motostoke's Gym Trainers to catch a new Pokémon (maybe even getting a new member for his team this way), lose points for being blunt about Opal's real age...hell, maybe they could've even given Raihan a real Gym Challenge!

Speaking of stuff that could've been expanded upon, Chairman Rose and Macro Cosmos could've benefitted heavily from the 'anime Team Flare' treatment. There was so much potential in Rose's story, and it hurt to see it not only get neglected in the games, but also in JN. The short 'arc' we got in the show didn't do much for SwSh's neglected evil 'team' at all, and it's sad to know that it'll probably stay that way forever. There wasn't a 'third version' to expand upon it, nor did it get saved by the anime.

Honestly, I wish they'd waited a generation to shift over to the 'Journeys' format. Who knows, maybe I'd say the same thing for Gen 9...but this really didn't feel like the right time. I think a SwSh anime adaptation had great potential; too bad we never got to see it.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Shameless Pokemon Masters EX version plug!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think I said this already but I want the writers in jail for not recreating Iris’ Champion theme.
I'm very confident writting has absolutely no say on what music is used. Maybe the main director but definetely not the writers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.