• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Masters really delivers with the remixes.
It sounds like they incoperated Lance’s theme in a bits and pieces of this remix tbh

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It sounds like they incoperated Lance’s theme in a bits and pieces of this remix tbh
They have a really good tendency of mixing in themes based on the events of either Masters or the in game storylines (in this case Lance helps Iris with her confidence of being a Champion).

DatsRight

Inkay NOT being inducted into the Team Rocket motto like James' previous baby mon, the gag was perfect (especially since his pun was even preserved in English unlike Wobbuffet).

Adding to that, I feel like maybe they should have just let James keep a mascot by now, especially since it's almost a done thing for nearly every main character in the newer series. I doubt it will hinder spotlight management anyway, since TR almost never have more than one capture per piece now.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Inkay NOT being inducted into the Team Rocket motto like James' previous baby mon, the gag was perfect (especially since his pun was even preserved in English unlike Wobbuffet).

Adding to that, I feel like maybe they should have just let James keep a mascot by now, especially since it's almost a done thing for nearly every main character in the newer series. I doubt it will hinder spotlight management anyway, since TR almost never have more than one capture per piece now.
I mean them only catching one Pokémon is as recent as XY right?

DatsRight

I think it started back in DP, they only got one new Pokemon each Carnivine and Yanmega. The others were brought over from AG.
Yeah but the trick there was they still got to keep the rest of their Pokemon (even after releasing some of them they had two or three Pokemon each). BW started them reseting teams every region like Ash, though they at least caught two each in that series.

Also, a weird zigzagged case for me. The Pikipek line is perhaps my favourite regional bird so I'm disappointed it's the first one not caught by a main character. On the other hand I feel like they got more characterisation out of the odd occasions they appeared compared to the regional birds caught before, that were nearly always 'the bland one' of the group. Plus I like Rowlet.

Lucariomen

Something the anime shouldn't have done is creating Pikala. This minor character had absolutely NO reason to exist except to show the Pikanium-Z, eventually the Mimikyum-Z thanks to Jessie's Mimikyu's hatred for Pikachu, give screentime for Mimo and do a Naruto reference at the end of the league (Bolt, the Pikachu had a hairstyle that took me back in time.).

Lucariomen

Never forget how Sandy only knew tackle and double edge
I know, right? Eevee is know for unstable genes, so Eevee should learn odd moves. The anime did that (And succeded with flying colors.) by giving Chloe's Eevee "Copycat". (I mean, if not, HOW her Eevee could pull of Hydro Pump, Heal Pulse and Spark?) Eevee should at least known Hidden Power or something! Sandy COULD have evolved, Sandy COULD be an special Eevee, but no! Sandy was ignored and became the mess we call an underdeveloped character!

Lucariomen

Also, they should have given Ash a little bit more of screentime in Pokémon Journeys. I'm a fan of Goh, but it's still kinda bugging me out that the protagonist I'm used to has became the secondary character. In one of the latest episodes (Spoiler alert before you scroll down),

He even stole Ash's first rival (Gary, Project Mew and stuff.)!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The Pikachu Village was one of the few episodes of SM I really like. No joke

RafaSceptile

Something the anime shouldn't have done is creating Pikala. This minor character had absolutely NO reason to exist except to show the Pikanium-Z, eventually the Mimikyum-Z thanks to Jessie's Mimikyu's hatred for Pikachu, give screentime for Mimo and do a Naruto reference at the end of the league (Bolt, the Pikachu had a hairstyle that took me back in time.).
I think is a problem with the anime creating so many COTD (even if Pikala technically is not a COTD) only for the purpose of showcasing things that could be showcased by other secondary or even main characters.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oh no. They did something they always do?

Status
Not open for further replies.