• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Somebody did something on Twitter where they posted “POC appreciation on Pokémon” and it featured Nessa and I just wish they would hurry up and animate her already. She looked amazing in the Twilight series and I hope we get to see her in Journeys.
So we see the animators making her wear a jacket that she doesn't take off while diving because otherwise she'd be too much for little kids?

Sham

The Guardian of War
So we see the animators making her wear a jacket that she doesn't take off while diving because otherwise she'd be too much for little kids?
Honestly I never really minded Olivia’s shirt and thought it looked nice. It just seemed like a nitpick to me personally

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I used to be sympathetic to Pearl but never really got into it...

Come to think about it, it's more because I've seen Ash and Dawn more like spiritual twins than a couple.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I used to be sympathetic to Pearl but never really got into it...

Come to think about it, it's more because I've seen Ash and Dawn more like spiritual twins than a couple.
Exactly. As a kid I guess I was a pearl shipper simply coz I found Dawn cute and self inserted as Ash and they had a great bond but getting a bit older and I realized they never had a romantic chemistry, pearl shipping mainly arised from me liking the both of them and their bond, the latter of which is spiritual twins. Shipping them would be weird, although even weirder is Dawn X Kenny considering he's a horrendous match for him lol

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Sawyer and Wally are similar but I wouldn't say they have the same personality. Some similar traits but not the same.
Exactly. As a kid I guess I was a pearl shipper simply coz I found Dawn cute and self inserted as Ash and they had a great bond but getting a bit older and I realized they never had a romantic chemistry, pearl shipping mainly arised from me liking the both of them and their bond, the latter of which is spiritual twins. Shipping them would be weird, although even weirder is Dawn X Kenny considering he's a horrendous match for him lol
Dawn x Zoey never appealed me too. Sometimes, Zoey just felt a glorified older sister/teacher

(honestly, no Dawn ship really appeal of me, regardless of who is the second half)

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Since the writers typically bring back game protagonist to promote remakes like DP and GS if not May they could of used this as an opportunity to bring Brendon.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Sawyer and Wally aren't even similar beyond having different shades of green hair. One guy starts as a peppy kid who only exists to be an Ash fanboy, while the other has a weak constitution (asthma) and treats being a Pokemon trainer as a method to exercise to get better while becoming a better trainer by himself with very little input from the player.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yeah you're clearly suggesting that XXXshippers felt threatened by a girl who never had a thing for ash. That's a pretty bold claim with zero evidence to back it up.
My last post on this topic : Go touch some grass instead of getting offended at a simple statement I made. It's literally me posting my thoughts based on who I've seen ship Dawn with Kenny and how that ship makes zero sense, I wasn't even serious about it lol, nor did I claim it was a 'fact'. Idk why you're taking it as a personal attack, go back to the amourshipping thread and talk about your couple instead of getting offended at every comment here, esp ones which aren't even fully serious
Sawyer and Wally are similar but I wouldn't say they have the same personality. Some similar traits but not the same.

Dawn x Zoey never appealed me too. Sometimes, Zoey just felt a glorified older sister/teacher

(honestly, no Dawn ship really appeal of me, regardless of who is the second half)
I mean the worst ship is Paul x Dawn, like no. I never saw Dawn X Zoey either but out of all the ships I guess I mind it the least. I usually don't ship any of the MC except Brock X Olivia (that needs to happen!)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Oddly enough Brock x Olivia is kind weird like... how old is she in the show? Also, I was surprised she seemed tempted/midly interested on his advances. Which makes me hate misty more because... She just didn't let Olivia say no for herself.

We could've had a random character calling out people interrupting the Brock bits which could lead to him getting mad with the friend because of it for a time (followed by the typical become friends again thing)

As for Sawyer, he was just a rookie trainer who was learning the ropes and just happened to find a senior who was good at things he wasn't thus looked up to him.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Was this not Wally's plot in RSEORAS?
If that was it, Wally was pretty much developing by himself due to only fighting the player...twice, and said occasions were very spaced from each other. He only grew stronger with his Pokemon, not the player. And as noted in every gym entrance, he was always ahead of the player after the third gym.

The player wasn't exactly much of a senior when Wally first appeared, either.

Sham

The Guardian of War
If that was it, Wally was pretty much developing by himself due to only fighting the player...twice, and said occasions were very spaced from each other. He only grew stronger with his Pokemon, not the player. And as noted in every gym entrance, he was always ahead of the player after the third gym.

a rookie trainer
He was a rookie when the PC first meets him.

and just happened to find a senior who was good at things he wasn't
The player character helps him catch a Pokemon.

thus looked up to him.

"Ah! <player>! Ralts and I have gotten a lot stronger since we first met. Growing together! I want to prove that to you and my uncle both, <player>."

"Yes, sir! I will do my best to become as strong as <player>, sir!"

"Ah! <player>! I bet you must be surprised to see me in a place like this! That promise that we made back then… Thank you for keeping your end of it. It was really all thanks to you that I could make it this far, <player>. It was only because I lost to you back then that I could become even stronger. I'm sure that you and your Pokémon must have had to overcome a lot, too… To make it all the way here. Right, <player>? Everyone's grown so much… And now we'll get to see just what we all can do. Standing here facing you again gives me chills… …But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore. My Pokémon have given me the courage and strength to fight. I have to win for their sake! So get ready… Here I come!"

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
"Ah! <player>! Ralts and I have gotten a lot stronger since we first met. Growing together! I want to prove that to you and my uncle both, <player>."

"Yes, sir! I will do my best to become as strong as <player>, sir!"

"Ah! <player>! I bet you must be surprised to see me in a place like this! That promise that we made back then… Thank you for keeping your end of it. It was really all thanks to you that I could make it this far, <player>. It was only because I lost to you back then that I could become even stronger. I'm sure that you and your Pokémon must have had to overcome a lot, too… To make it all the way here. Right, <player>? Everyone's grown so much… And now we'll get to see just what we all can do. Standing here facing you again gives me chills… …But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore. My Pokémon have given me the courage and strength to fight. I have to win for their sake! So get ready… Here I come!"
All this is pretty ironic considering he got legitimately much better than the player after his loss, unless he really meant his physical condition.

The moment Sawyer saw Ash losing, something in him died a little. Wally, though, kept admiring his slow senior despite himself having freakin' asthma and started seeing himself as the player's equal after said loss, so the player was only a senior for roughly 20% of the time with Wally.

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
My last post on this topic : Go touch some grass instead of getting offended at a simple statement I made. It's literally me posting my thoughts based on who I've seen ship Dawn with Kenny and how that ship makes zero sense, I wasn't even serious about it lol, nor did I claim it was a 'fact'. Idk why you're taking it as a personal attack, go back to the amourshipping thread and talk about your couple instead of getting offended at every comment here, esp ones which aren't even fully serious

I mean the worst ship is Paul x Dawn, like no. I never saw Dawn X Zoey either but out of all the ships I guess I mind it the least. I usually don't ship any of the MC except Brock X Olivia (that needs to happen!)
>Makes a controversial statement attacking a certain community
>it's just my opinion! I was only half-serious!
Classic twitter behaviour. Friendly advice kiddo, don't insinuate shipping wars, even as a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.