• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War
explain Goh's catching mechanisms or at the very least address them instead of treating it as the norm

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Explaining why the blue girl from SM is so obsessed with the ocean that she even colored her hair of Blue. It is radical.

Showing Brock's Pokemon clinic

Seeing Serena (perfect) in a contest

Sham

The Guardian of War
Here. To make it up...more than enough, possibly:

I meant kinda during Ash’s and Iris’ battle but honestly I’m not the biggest fan of the Masters version and think the games version is better. This one misses the hard undertone beat that made the original good. A softer beat is played during her battle but there is also a more rigid beat playing simultaneously signifying that yes she’s a child Champion but this also going to be a tough battle.

DatsRight

I just remembered a big one.

MEOWTH LEARNING NIGHT SLASH.

They hinted at it and then nothing happened. I'd love to see Meowth learn a new move at long last (or at least do something with the whole 'sacrificed experience for human sapience' thing they implied so long ago now).

Also I feel like Night Slash would have added an amusing bit of substance to Meowth's inconsistency as a battler. Given Night Slash is basically a stronger dark typed version of Fury Swipes, imagine him honing the move during those rare times he becomes a competent almost scary battler.

Roffitle

BF was just a complete waste. They barely brought anything new to Kanto nor explored any new location and instead it just felt like an extension of Hoenn
We revisited Mt. Moon, Pewter Gym, Cycling Road, the Fighting Dojo (the first time), and Indigo Plateau (where the Grand Fesival was held). Yeah there weren't any other Kanto references, but to be fair back then bringing back old Gym leaders after their saga ended wasn't really a thing the writers did.

I think they mainly set it in Kanto though so May could have a second Contest quest. In the games it's just on one island in Hoenn, so if they did it like that then May would have nothing to do for 65 episodes. They clearly couldn't have May on the sidelines for a year so I can see why they put it in Kanto.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
We revisited Mt. Moon, Pewter Gym, Cycling Road, the Fighting Dojo (the first time), and Indigo Plateau (where the Grand Fesival was held). Yeah there weren't any other Kanto references, but to be fair back then bringing back old Gym leaders after their saga ended wasn't really a thing the writers did.

I think they mainly set it in Kanto though so May could have a second Contest quest. In the games it's just on one island in Hoenn, so if they did it like that then May would have nothing to do for 65 episodes. They clearly couldn't have May on the sidelines for a year so I can see why they put it in Kanto.
What island in Hoenn?what was on this island?

Sham

The Guardian of War

REVISITED. They could of explored things like the Seveii Islands, Silph co, Cerulean Cave etc and even have unused characters like Janine make an appearance. And quite honestly most of those locations mentioned was aside and there wasn’t even that much focus on where they were actually at.

Fair, but the inexistent Sinnoh BF
Wdym? I wasn’t talking the actual BF but like the later half of AG.

Status
Not open for further replies.