• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I disagree. On the contrary, I feel like this was where the anime was at its best, along with DP.
I didn’t really see it for AG and what could play a part in it is the fact I was kinda young when it came out and don’t remember being interested in it. I stand by my statement that they did Kanto dirty and I don’t have an issue with the story itself but Kanto was useless here. It added nothing new to the region

Roffitle

I mean you can very well ask why Journies isn't visiting those locations in Kanto either (Silph Co, Cerulean Cave, etc), so it's not just a BF thing. Back then the writers concern was advertising Emerald, some early DP advertising, and wrapping up some of AG's plotlines they didn't finish in Hoenn like Grovyle's evolution, May's rivalries, etc.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BF was just a complete waste. They barely brought anything new to Kanto nor explored any new location and instead it just felt like an extension of Hoenn
I do wish that Satoshi and his friends had at least explored the Nanashima archipelago that was introduced in LG/FR. Kanto being the setting for the Battle Frontier arc didn't feel as interesting as it could've been, and maybe the Nanashima archipelago wouldn't have been the most intriguing place to visit either, but it would've at least introduced new locations from the games.

One thing that I will never forgive in anime is not having adapted BW's story to anime.

When you thought that Paul could not be surpassed, N appears who would have a philosophy and ideals contrary to those of Ash, but both love Pokemon. Imagine Ash vs N as the culmination of BW, what a shame...
I like how the anime handled N tbh but N vs Ash would be cool

Sham

The Guardian of War
Okay this has to be said. The fact that Ash is theoretically a few towns from both Misty and Brock but have yet to see them is ridiculous just from a logical stand point. I know narrative wise it makes sense since they were just here but I just have to point out it's kinda weird.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
One thing that I will never forgive in anime is not having adapted BW's story to anime.

When you thought that Paul could not be surpassed, N appears who would have a philosophy and ideals contrary to those of Ash, but both love Pokemon. Imagine Ash vs N as the culmination of BW, what a shame...
The writers likely had that in mind (in some sense) with the Team Plasma vs Team Rocket two parter. Sadly the earthquake disaster canned all that and the best they could do was to include BW2 Team Plasma much later in the anime. Even the execution was not too good.

Last edited:
Okay this has to be said. The fact that Ash is theoretically a few towns from both Misty and Brock but have yet to see them is ridiculous just from a logical stand point. I know narrative wise it makes sense since they were just here but I just have to point out it's kinda weird.
The fact that Ash never contacts his friends is ridiculous

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's funny how Pikachu went straight to Pallet Town from Vermilion City on the road.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I understand why they haven't appeared yet but you'd think Ash would've at least mentioned them by now?

We've been to Pewter City twice and Brock somehow doesn't immediately come to Ash's mind?

Sham

The Guardian of War
This is a future “things they didn’t do” if queen Iris doesn’t get a return episode during the BW(2?) remakes (I’m honestly somewhat curious which games they’ll adapt or maybe they’ll do a BDSP and Legends thing and split them between months) there is going to be trouble. Dawn and Cynthia both returned for Sinnoh and considering she’s a former companion and Champion, she should return

It's really awkward for me to see how this Ash team is all of a sudden so strong without training, and then you look back and remember the workouts of:

Chimchar, Treecko, Snorunt, Swelloe, Buizel, Gibble, Froakie, Tepig etc

They even had episodes dedicated to learning moves, my head can't get used to the power of Lucario (even though I like it) who only fought against Volkner and Bea, while Chimchar fought all of Sinnoh's gym leaders (counting when he was Paul's Pokémon )

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
This one isn't so much about what they didn't do but what they actually did do

I got a pretty big controversial take.

As much as I love Cinderace, I think evolving Scorbunny all the way to it's final stage so early in just the 1st year was a mistake

I honestly low-key wish that it stayed a Scorbunny or Raboot for a little while longer just so it could be outside of it's Pokeball more

We should've had Scorbunny for at least as long as we had Sobble and Grookey

Psajdak

Was it not implied that characters do keep in touch offscreen with each other?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Status
Not open for further replies.