• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

brtnvm

Giselle best girl
This....

this is why I feel the original trio was starting to feel a little stagnant by the end of Johto mostly because they just spent most of the time running into one copious filler situation after another.

And the animation for Part II. Bless me, that godforsaken animation.
Team Magma shoud have been the main Hoenn Team in the anime. Also Lisia should have been introduced in AG. Team Aqua should have been the comic relief Jessie&James crew opposing and failing against them with minimal screentime.

brtnvm

Giselle best girl
Giselle should have been a character recurring throught the genrations and whenever she accidentally meets Ash they "flirt". Also there would be a, say 12 episode arc in Kanto or Pokemon Johto where she'd be a temporary companion to allow only her and Ash(they could be trapped on an island or sth) to develop mutual sympathy, etc.
Also Brock should have returned in BW but became BW Bianca's impled romance partner and travelling companion.
Marina(anime!Kris/Gen2FemMC/1stCanonFemaleProtagonistAnimePokegirl) should have been introduced in the Orange Islands and she should have been a yuri character and shipped with Misty/been a rival having Water Pokemon.

brtnvm

Giselle best girl
Also Brendan should have had actual white hair, been Birch's son and been recruited over to Team Magma by Team Magma Courtney. So getting him back Sasuke style would have been one of the main conflicts of AG

brtnvm

Giselle best girl
Also the anime should have more yuri pairings. Boys love yuri, girls love yuri it's a win win situation. Whitney x Marina, Dawn x Cynthia, Elesa x Skyla, Serena x Miette, Shauna x Aria, Moon x Lillie, Winona x Lisia etc.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Kantou Arc.
Satoshi winning a kantou league .
Wear the original generation 1's Red look .
Four rocket arc from the classic pocket monsters game and beat Sakaki to disband his original criminal group.
Better Shigeru vs Satoshi Rivaly.
Beat the Shitennō and Shigeur for title of Champion in the Kantou.
A female Blue like character in pocket monsters anime and give her a name that fit the children of Masara Town like Satoshi and Shigeru Respectively .
Beat/catch the legendary Pokemon (Fire/Freezer/Thuder of The Bird trio and Mew and Mewtwo of The Mew Duo).
No stupid pity badges for Satoshi (i hate that so much)

Orange island arc.
A new female character to be Replace Satoshi/Red (just Adapting the character Yellow from Pokemon special manga: The Yellow Arc and give her a name as well.)
Kenji need to be having better role then his original anime counterpart.
Neo-Rocket Gangs return and is attempting to go after legendary Lugia and it's connected to the Legendary Bird Trio and mysterious Pokemon that Satoshi sew in the end of the first episode in the Kantou arc.

Jhotou Arc.
Kanta/Gold replace Orange island arc's Main Character
Akana/Tsukushi is his travelling friends
Neo-Rocket Gangs return and once again is apparently going after legendary time travel Pokemon to stop Satoshi from beating Sakaki and cause of the disbanding original Rocket Gangs to be happened.
Marian/Crystal show up
Whole thing about Sliver stealing a Starter Pokemon in lab and beat up Neo Rocket Gangs and is in rivalry with Kanta.
And his champion battle Against Satoshi and Yellow in Mt.Slver/Mt.Shirogane at end of The Jhotou arc.

Last edited:

DatsRight

I've mentioned this in another thread before, but I find it a shame none of the other TR members that were derogatory towards Jessie and James came back post-BW. It could have been amusing seeing someone who had it in for them in pure indignance to them actually having climbed up the ladder and trying to expose their ruse to Giovanni. Matori is okay as a middle man I guess, but she's more a straight man, she's not really interested in exposing the trio.

Butch and Cassidy or Domino would have worked perfectly because they were originally top agents and yet get less respect for it (especially Biff for whom no one can even remember his name). Of course they would LOATHE that those three laughing stocks are suddenly respected by Giovanni when they still barely contribute a fraction of what they do. There could have been amusing Frank Grimes type dynamic with them, desperately trying to prove what incompetent fools these guys are to no avail. Such a role would likely also add a bit more pressure to the trio trying to cover up their follies as well.

It's a shame no real dynamics outside the trio stick with Team Rocket that much, since it remains the only organisation that survives, they may as well flesh it out.

Last edited:

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Lack of development for Ash's companions
Lack of companion cameos
Dawn not defeating Zoe not even once
Ash not winning the Kalos league
TR still being around
Ash losing to ****ing Cameron
Team Plasma banned episodes
Almost everything about BW Ash
And ultimately, Ash not using his Pokemon at Oak's Lab during Pokemon leagues.

RetroPokeFan

I've mentioned this in another thread before, but I find it a shame none of the other TR members that were derogatory towards Jessie and James came back post-BW. It could have been amusing seeing someone who had it in for them in pure indignance to them actually having climbed up the ladder and trying to expose their ruse to Giovanni.
Could have been interesting to see something like that happen. And speaking of someone who didn't come back... Pierce.

Poor guy just disappeared after the tsunami wrecked any chances of the TR/TP arc of airing and it's almost like he's been retconned out of existence which I know he hasn't really but it's a crying shame they just forgot about him the moment they pulled the plug on the arc.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I've mentioned this in another thread before, but I find it a shame none of the other TR members that were derogatory towards Jessie and James came back post-BW. It could have been amusing seeing someone who had it in for them in pure indignance to them actually having climbed up the ladder and trying to expose their ruse to Giovanni. Matori is okay as a middle man I guess, but she's more a straight man, she's not really interested in exposing the trio.
I see the other TR members outside of Giovanni & Matori, the same way I see on Brock & Misty, they had their time and the anime wanted to move on with new main/important characters. I think there's would be similar results if there's more feud between TRio and the regional criminal teams.

DatsRight

I see the other TR members outside of Giovanni & Matori, the same way I see on Brock & Misty, they had their time and the anime wanted to move on with new main/important characters. I think there's would be similar results if there's more feud between TRio and the regional criminal teams.

I guess I think this sort of same-field rivalry has more potential because of the more personal resentment that could be involved. With the other villain teams, some of the rivalries can be fun but they're mostly just impersonal hinderances towards each other. While TR members within the same field would have a reason to hate Jessie and James on a more personal level now, since they're at least halfway successful now despite barely doing anything more than before. Butch and Cassidy and Domino hated them before but it was more just a one note bully antagonism where they picked on the weaker litter, the trio weren't really doing anything to them first, they were already exposed as washouts, they were kicking them while they were already down. It was a fun standard 'eviler common enemy' role but kinda one dimensional.

With the BW onwards dynamic they have the potential to be more humanised, if still vindictive enough that you can still root for the trio getting the last laugh. The trio are still incompetent, but they're getting praise and special perks they have to put genuine work in for. OF COURSE they would hate their guts. It would also make Giovanni's retooled dynamic with the trio stand out more, with someone desperately trying to clue him in. Even if they didn't bring back an old Rocket member, they could make a new one with a similar background.

We actually don't really look into that area much, characters who work their ass off only to get upstaged by someone who gets by on dumb luck. I mean it happens a LOT in the anime due to excess plot armour, but it's rarely an intentional plot device and there's seldom resentment about it in-universe, the show rarely has that cynical tint anymore. Plus I love comedic works where the evil organisation is treated like just some jaded workforce (it's one of the reasons I think Robot Chicken Star Wars is more compelling than the real deal).

Last edited:

TheCrazyMaster

I don't like how the episode where Turtwig evolved seemed to foreshadow the possibility that it was going to take advantage of it's bulk as it evolved further in order for it to trade speed for more defense, only for that to never really go anywhere.

Also I believe there was an episode where Kukui said that mastery of z-moves could lead to Ash being able to use more than one z-move per battle, and while the Ash vs Kukui match DID feature both of them using two z-moves, they relied on the power of the island guardians to do so, and before that Kukui seemed to believe that using two z-moves per battle wasn't possible.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kuzehiko said:
And ultimately, Ash not using his Pokemon at Oak's Lab during Pokemon leagues.

I personally don't think that's necessarily a missed opportunity since it wouldn't have changed the outcome of any of those Leagues, anyway. And frankly, he has so many reserves that most of those Pokemon probably wouldn't get a chance to battle even if he had thought of using them.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Also I believe there was an episode where Kukui said that mastery of z-moves could lead to Ash being able to use more than one z-move per battle, and while the Ash vs Kukui match DID feature both of them using two z-moves, they relied on the power of the island guardians to do so, and before that Kukui seemed to believe that using two z-moves per battle wasn't possible.

What's odd is that the games do allow you to use Z-move twice thanks to Rotom power.

Though I guess the staff either didn't know it or if they did get the memo, they couldn't think of a way to pull it off so they went with the legendary power instead

TheCrazyMaster

What's odd is that the games do allow you to use Z-move twice thanks to Rotom power.

Though I guess the staff either didn't know it or if they did get the memo, they couldn't think of a way to pull it off so they went with the legendary power instead

I've always thought that using a z-move could drain a lot of energy from the trainer, since that's how Kukui describes it in the games. They could have had episodes of Ash going through mental training to muster up the energy to pull it off. They wouldn't even have to bring up Rotom.

Kuzehiko

I personally don't think that's necessarily a missed opportunity since it wouldn't have changed the outcome of any of those Leagues, anyway. And frankly, he has so many reserves that most of those Pokemon probably wouldn't get a chance to battle even if he had thought of using them.
Plot wise do you mean it wouldn't have changed the outcome? You're right.

Power wise do you mean it wouldn't have changed the outcome? You're wrong.
And if you actually mean this, you can't be serious, Leonhart.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kuzehiko said:
Plot wise do you mean it wouldn't have changed the outcome? You're right.

Power wise do you mean it wouldn't have changed the outcome? You're wrong.
And if you actually mean this, you can't be serious, Leonhart.

I mostly meant plot-wise since the writers seemed reluctant to even consider having Satoshi win a major League until his win at the Alola League, and I'd also go as far as to say that even with his best reserves, he probably wouldn't have won the Shinou League since for all we know Takuto could've had four other Legendaries stocked up.

Kuzehiko

I mostly meant plot-wise since the writers seemed reluctant to even consider having Satoshi win a major League until his win at the Alola League, and I'd also go as far as to say that even with his best reserves, he probably wouldn't have won the Shinou League since for all we know Takuto could've had four other Legendaries stocked up.
Oh, Couldn't agree more.
No offense but making Ash lose the Kalos league just for a bit then making him win a joke league was complete bs, garbage writing or whatever you desire to call it. Kind of feel they laughed so hard at us.

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Oh, Couldn't agree more.
No offense but making Ash lose the Kalos league just for a bit then making him win a joke league was complete bs, garbage writing or whatever you desire to call it. Kind of feel they laughed so hard at us.
I thought they were more like: "Oh, I heard that you didn't like to see Ash losing the Kalos League, despite the 20th anniversary of the franchise at the time, so we're just going to make him win the Alola League for a change so no fans would call him an eternal loser".

Status
Not open for further replies.