• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I wished the Sun and Moon anime emphasized more on how rare Z-Crystals were than they did. I realize some Z Crystals are available via finding them on the ground but I felt like the scarceness of them were taken away once adapted into the anime. I think the most jarring part was when Hapu pulled out an entire box of them and just let Ash/Pika choose.

Lindseey

trouble trouble trouble trouble
basically everything about black and white. I will always be miffed about iris over hilda. also porygon neglect porygon is cute

Leonhart

Imagineer
Luthor said:
That wasn't really Ash though. He was just possessed.

But it was the closest thing. I'm sure that more could've been done with that if the writers had tried harder, but I thought it was good enough for AG's standards. I personally think that they avoid making Satoshi look like a bad guy in most situations, because it would undermine the righteousness of his character.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I personally think that they avoid making Satoshi look like a bad guy in most situations, because it would undermine the righteousness of his character.
He was the villain in the Kalos and Alola league against Alain and Guzma respectively, and that's probably the most we're ever going to get out of him, unless he's someone else's obstacle in the PWC eventually

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I would say they definitely should of did more for May's team in terms of giving her more Hoenn Pokemon. Bulbasaur and Squirtle were already on the main cast a generation earlier and Eevee had promotion in the form of Gary. I feel like those three spots could of been reversed for actual Pokemon that debuted in that generation. I get they needed FRLG promotion but we already got that in the form of BF and if it was really that necessary they could of just did something similar to Dawn and gave her ONE Kanto Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sham said:
I would say they definitely should of did more for May's team in terms of giving her more Hoenn Pokemon. Bulbasaur and Squirtle were already on the main cast a generation earlier and Eevee had promotion in the form of Gary. I feel like those three spots could of been reversed for actual Pokemon that debuted in that generation. I get they needed FRLG promotion but we already got that in the form of BF and if it was really that necessary they could of just did something similar to Dawn and gave her ONE Kanto Pokemon.

I always thought that they mishandled her team, especially at the start of the Battle Frontier arc. They got rid of Agehunt and Eneco, presumably to make room for more captures despite Haruka's team only having four Pokemon at the end of AG. They might as well have left Agehunt and Eneco on her team.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Agreed. She could've had some cool Pokémon like that Swablu she bonded with. Always felt 2 Kanto starters & Eevee wad overkill

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Agreed. She could've had some cool Pokémon like that Swablu she bonded with. Always felt 2 Kanto starters & Eevee wad overkill
I would be okay with Evuil/Eevee in her party . And glass starter but water !? Nope

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
Always felt 2 Kanto starters & Eevee wad overkill

I didn't mind her getting Fushigidane, but I was disappointed when she left it at Okido-hakase's lab, because the justification for doing so seemed so flimsy to me. I still remember that some viewers thought Haruka would get a Hitokage to finish the Kanto Starter set, and I wish it had happened.

Applecorp

May should've caught that Swablu she met or one of the other dozens of cute Hoenn Pokemon that would've fit her team like Plusle or Minun. Then one of her rivals could've had the opposite electric rodent.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
May should've caught that Swablu she met or one of the other dozens of cute Hoenn Pokemon that would've fit her team like Plusle or Minun. Then one of her rivals could've had the opposite electric rodent.

I did think it was rather strange that none of the AG cast members owned either of those Gen III Pikachu clones considering that it would've made sense to promote them in the cast regularly instead of only showcasing them in filler episodes and movies.

Yajima should have gone even further in his cutting filler approach in XYZ. A lot more could have been done if more filler had been cut in favor of more plot and character focused episodes. There's at least 8 or so episodes in XY/Z that were completely useless and not even entertaining. There are a couple I would have kept, (#11, #14, and #22), but every other filler should have been replaced

I would have replaced these episodes with things like much needed Noivern focus, more AG/Ash development in the form of a lengthier depression arc, etc...

I don't want to underrate the approach that Yajima did take though. All the filler he did cut due to time constraints gave rise to something that was mostly incredible.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It's possible some of the "fillers" early on were probably already scripted and greenlighted by the time he found out they had to warp things for SM. He did say on the AnimeStyle interview they only found out they had to finish the series one year before the final episode.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I did think it was rather strange that none of the AG cast members owned either of those Gen III Pikachu clones considering that it would've made sense to promote them in the cast regularly instead of only showcasing them in filler episodes and movies.
Probably was better that they didn’t considering that Plusle and Minun heavily relied on each other and double battles to be even usable in Gen III. AG didn’t have a whole lot of doubles outside of Contests and TRio attacks. And even then those two would still be struggling to win. They just had bad move pools and stats in Gen III. Yeah their Speed and Sp. Attack were decent but their best level up move is Thunder which has horrible accuracy unless it is Raining and while you could teach one of them Rain Dance, do you really wan to make one of them a sitting duck for that one turn to be easily taken out by and physical attack?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I wished the Sun and Moon anime emphasized more on how rare Z-Crystals were than they did. I realize some Z Crystals are available via finding them on the ground but I felt like the scarceness of them were taken away once adapted into the anime. I think the most jarring part was when Hapu pulled out an entire box of them and just let Ash/Pika choose.
Where was it established that Z-Crystals were supposed to be rare? It's shown that Guzma stole every Buginium Z from Trainers, and he had a literal treasure chest full of 'em.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.