• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luthor

I wished the Sun and Moon anime emphasized more on how rare Z-Crystals were than they did. I realize some Z Crystals are available via finding them on the ground but I felt like the scarceness of them were taken away once adapted into the anime. I think the most jarring part was when Hapu pulled out an entire box of them and just let Ash/Pika choose.

To be honest even in the games its said that taking the island challenge is a rite of passage. With the number of side characters who seemed to have taken part I never thought Z-crystals were supposed to be rare. That being said I would have preferred it if Hapu only had a specific crystal to give away instead of letting Ash choose.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Quite disappointed that the BW series didn't include the Team Plasma plot. Seriously. N was awesome and stuff. Why did they drop it?
The tsunami that devastated Japan happened.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Quite disappointed that the BW series didn't include the Team Plasma plot. Seriously. N was awesome and stuff. Why did they drop it?
Either the tsunami incident canning the one-hour special that may or may not have shifted the focus for the rest of the series, or because they simply weren't going to adapt a dark plot like that well to a younger audience.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Where was it established that Z-Crystals were supposed to be rare? It's shown that Guzma stole every Buginium Z from Trainers, and he had a literal treasure chest full of 'em.
I’m not talking about the anime, I’m talking about the games. I’m aware they weren’t that rare in the anime as Hapu literally showed Ash a treasure chest filled with them.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m not talking about the anime, I’m talking about the games. I’m aware they weren’t that rare in the anime as Hapu literally showed Ash a treasure chest filled with them.
I don’t think it was ever said the Z-Crystals were rare. It’s the star fragments that reacts to the Crystals and turned into rings that are rare

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Either the tsunami incident canning the one-hour special that may or may not have shifted the focus for the rest of the series, or because they simply weren't going to adapt a dark plot like that well to a younger audience.
It is former. As one writers has confirmed that earthquakes and tsunamis kill it .

Leonhart

Imagineer
Power Up said:
I would have replaced these episodes with things like much needed Noivern focus, more AG/Ash development in the form of a lengthier depression arc, etc...

I wouldn't have wanted even more screen-time to go to Gekkouga back then, but I agree that Onvern could've used an extra episode or two for development's sake. Even Luchabull could've used the spotlight for something meaningful and not just his heroic poses.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I know that movies are a separate thing from the main anime but I think a few things were missed completely in them. Meloetta’s arc in BW would’ve been better as either a stand alone anime tie in similar to Mewtwo’s Return and the Mirage Pokémon special or its own feature length movie. There’s enough to edit together to form a movie. Take out some of the tournament and recaps and you still get a movie that makes sense.

Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You really messed up by constantly building up the hype of Ho-oh’s arrival especially with everyone commenting how special having the Rainbow Wing was and then we get the legendary bird on screen for less than five minutes. That made me feel angry.

Applecorp

I know that movies are a separate thing from the main anime but I think a few things were missed completely in them. Meloetta’s arc in BW would’ve been better as either a stand alone anime tie in similar to Mewtwo’s Return and the Mirage Pokémon special or its own feature length movie. There’s enough to edit together to form a movie. Take out some of the tournament and recaps and you still get a movie that makes sense.

I don't know about Meloetta. It was too much of a typical cutesy mythical Pokemon and I was relieved that it didn't get its own film because it would've been the most predictable thing ever.

Besides BW was only going to have 3 movies so there wouldn't have been enough time to fit a Meloetta movie into the schedule without getting rid of one of the other movies to make room for it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I would've greatly preferred a Meloetta movie over the Keldeo movie that we got. I've always considered the Keldeo movie to be one of the worst installments, and probably the most blatant in terms of trying too hard to promote new games.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You really messed up by constantly building up the hype of Ho-oh’s arrival especially with everyone commenting how special having the Rainbow Wing was and then we get the legendary bird on screen for less than five minutes. That made me feel angry.

I thought Marshadow getting the shaft was worse. The poor thing shoulda had a bigger part to play in that movie over Ho-Oh...

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I thought Marshadow getting the shaft was worse. The poor thing shoulda had a bigger part to play in that movie over Ho-Oh...
Are you being serious? I think Marshadow stole the main Legendary/Mythical role from Ho-oh. Ho-oh hardly got to do anything but Marshadow got a third of the run time devoted to it becoming evil.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Are you being serious? I think Marshadow stole the main Legendary/Mythical role from Ho-oh. Ho-oh hardly got to do anything but Marshadow got a third of the run time devoted to it becoming evil.

Compared to the other tiny mythicals like Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, etc I thought Marshadow's role wasn't as big. I can't even remember much about it, that's how forgettable Marshadow was to me in that movie when you compare everything else that was going on...

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
If anything, I was utterly surprised they didn't make a big deal of the companion with the Lucario, who was just standing around...and mostly nowhere to be found so Pikachu and Piplup fooled around together.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:

I thought Marshadow's screen-time was sufficient, and I was actually more displeased with how Houou was handled, although if I'm being honest that stems from the fact that the movie wasn't canon, so any lore that Houou received in that movie seemed pointless to me to begin with.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I thought Marshadow's screen-time was sufficient, and I was actually more displeased with how Houou was handled, although if I'm being honest that stems from the fact that the movie wasn't canon, so any lore that Houou received in that movie seemed pointless to me to begin with.
I totally agree. We’re constantly hearing stuff like, “Oh! You have a Rainbow Wing! You are special because Ho-oh doesn’t just give the Wing to anyone. It will appear only to those who hold it!” And the Legendary Beasts were handled even worse because they were basically said to be the heralds of Ho-oh and would only appear in front of those deemed worthy of meeting Ho-oh. Their part in the movie was basically pointless too because again Marshadow ended up being the main focus of the climax. I like Marshadow in the games but just because it is a Mythical Pokémon doesn’t mean it is obligated to be the star of a movie. The trailers kept hyping Ho-oh to be a major part of the film and it ended up doing hardly anything!

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I totally agree. We’re constantly hearing stuff like, “Oh! You have a Rainbow Wing! You are special because Ho-oh doesn’t just give the Wing to anyone. It will appear only to those who hold it!” And the Legendary Beasts were handled even worse because they were basically said to be the heralds of Ho-oh and would only appear in front of those deemed worthy of meeting Ho-oh. Their part in the movie was basically pointless too because again Marshadow ended up being the main focus of the climax. I like Marshadow in the games but just because it is a Mythical Pokémon doesn’t mean it is obligated to be the star of a movie. The trailers kept hyping Ho-oh to be a major part of the film and it ended up doing hardly anything!
Yeah it is my problem with 20s movie as it should be a Satoshi year one film with play red role from the classic pocket monsters game in game corner arc with 4 Badge ( Battle kasumi and Takeshi matias and Erika ).

Last edited:

SerenaRulez

Yeah it is my problem with 20s movie as it should be a Satoshi year one film with play red role from the classic pocket monsters game in game corner arc with 4 Badge ( Battle kasumi and Takeshi matias and Erika ).

You mean a movie that would not involve Ash? That would be cool like if Red was the main character instead. :D

But I get why Ash was the main character in the alternate universe movies because he's so popular and kids would go to see any movie where he's the main character.

Status
Not open for further replies.