• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
You mean a movie that would not involve Ash? That would be cool like if Red was the main character instead. :D

But I get why Ash was the main character in the alternate universe movies because he's so popular and kids would go to see any movie where he's the main character.
Well.....it is actual More Like Satoshi play Red Role from games in the 20th film then what we get a Satoshi vs mershadow the movie

Leonhart

Imagineer
Since the Satoshi from the 20th movie wasn't the same Satoshi from the main anime, I suppose that the movie director could've gone in any direction with him. I sort of wanted Satoshi to have a Pippi as his mascot in that movie and the ones after it since I think those movies would've been a great time to completely reboot Satoshi's character, including scrapping his relationship with Pikachu.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Since the Satoshi from the 20th movie wasn't the same Satoshi from the main anime, I suppose that the movie director could've gone in any direction with him. I sort of wanted Satoshi to have a Pippi as his mascot in that movie and the ones after it since I think those movies would've been a great time to completely reboot Satoshi's character, including scrapping his relationship with Pikachu.
Lol a pocket monster manga (1996)

Sonnas

How can they do that if they're only working with an hour and 30 minutes of movie.

Applecorp

But I get why Ash was the main character in the alternate universe movies because he's so popular and kids would go to see any movie where he's the main character.

I still say they should think outside the box for once and try doing a movie without Ash and no I'm not counting the Detective Pikachu one.

An animated Pokemon movie with an original lead character might pump some new life into the franchise.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonnas said:
How can they do that if they're only working with an hour and 30 minutes of movie.

Considering how they still managed to introduce the AU Satoshi and his Pikachu in that same amount of time and developed their relationship just fine, I think they could've done the same with the AU Satoshi and a new mascot.

SinnohEevee

* More game characters should have appeared like Leaf/Green, Silver, Wally, etc.
* SM should have adopted the games storyline.
* The Battle Frontier didn't need to be in Kanto. It could have been in Hoenn ir the Seven Islands. Plus, they should have adopted rules from the games and not made them Nirmal battles.
* We didn't get the Sinnoh Battle Frontier.
* Ash should have won in DP and ended his journey there.
* Serena not doing Contests in XY.
* Ash not using a Mega in Kalos.
Team.
* Team Plasma getting butchered.
* Ash not using his reserves more at League.
* Gary not appearing more in the OS.
I am pretty sure I forgot some.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SinnohEevee said:
* The Battle Frontier didn't need to be in Kanto. It could have been in Hoenn ir the Seven Islands. Plus, they should have adopted rules from the games and not made them Nirmal battles.

I agree that the Kanto setting was rather pointless. I would've preferred if the Battle Frontier arc had been set in an anime-exclusive region where the writers could've had creative license to do anything they wanted, even at the cost of no cross promotion with the core games.

SinnohEevee

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the Pocket Monsters series is vastly under-utilizing its own concept of 'traveling to various regions'. Instead it's "we'll stay in Kanto for 80% of the time, with occasional trips to other places".

And it's such a goddamn waste.

I don't like how they hop from region to region.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SinnohEevee said:
I don't like how they hop from region to region.

I think they could be a little more graceful about it by having Satoshi spend more time in each region rather than him typically only visiting each region [that isn't Kanto or Galar] for just one episode at a time. Given Gou's goal of catching all Pokemon, you'd think that he'd want to stay in foreign regions for longer periods of time so he can get all the Pokemon that he wants.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I'm sad the Indago saga didn't have a big plot where Team Rocket tries to take over several towns. The Silph co/Lavender Town/Game Corner take-over seemed to be the main plot of the 1st games; I would've liked to see an anime version of it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
pacman000 said:
I'm sad the Indago saga didn't have a big plot where Team Rocket tries to take over several towns. The Silph co/Lavender Town/Game Corner take-over seemed to be the main plot of the 1st games; I would've liked to see an anime version of it.

I think they definitely missed a chance to make the Rocket-dan more of a threat. The St. Annu episode where the Rocket-dan took over the ship was pretty much the only moment in the Kanto saga where the organization as a whole was shown in action, and even then the grunts were defeated by a bunch of trainers teaming up.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet

At least we kinda saw Silph Co even if it wasn't mentioned by name. The Celadon Game Corner never appeared which sucks because watching Ash and co. play the slot machines woulda been cool. :D

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I've always thought Neon Town from The Song of Jigglypuff might've been inspired by the Game Corner.

I've also thought for years The Ghost at Maiden's Peak might've been inspired by the undefeatable ghosts in the Pokémon Tower.

Still, it would've been nice to see the game's version, with an expanded story instead of a weird alternate universe version.

SinnohEevee

The problem with 4kids is that they wanted the viewers to believe that Pokémon was an American creation and had no cultural ties to Japan at all; which is bizarre because is making it Japanese influenced someway going to turn viewers away?

I think that's what happened to Digimon. At least in the first season, the last episode was in the US.

I have seen the opposite scenario happen too. There was a show Disney Middle-East translated into Arabic, and the dubbed version was set up in Lebanon, not in the US.

Leonhart

Imagineer
pacman000 said:
I've always thought Neon Town from The Song of Jigglypuff might've been inspired by the Game Corner.

I assumed that the city was based on Las Vegas given that it was surrounded by desert and had lots of flashy buildings. On a related note, I always thought that Kanto's various environments in OS were a nice addition in the anime since the region is incredibly bland in the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.