• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinnohEevee

They've never shown an on-screen Stone evolution that the trainer does on its Pokémon on purpose. Even though Lillie got an Ice Stone, she never used it. Clemont does mention in the Geosenge Town episode that he used a Thunder Stone on his Helioptile in the past (obviously) but it was never shown on-screen. The two Stone evolutions we've had, Lombre into Ludicolo and Poliwhirl into Politoed, both happened by accident. I think the writers don't want to show a Stone evolution on screen that the trainer decides to do, because it might come across as the trainer forcing the Pokémon to evolve. In fact, I bet if Lillie does ever appear again, she'll already have Ninetales. They wouldn't dare ever show her deciding to force Snowy to evolve. Prob the same reason Sandy never evolved either. It feels like an unwritten rule in the anime that they'll never have a trainer decide to do that tbh. If it ever does happen, I bet it'll be the plot of an entire episode, showing the trainer and Pokémon agonizingly keeping on changing their minds back and forth until finally deciding to do it, and act like it's some dramatic tough decision.

Why the **** do you hold a grudge against a Pokémon whose fault it's not? It's shitty writing dude, not a shitty Pokémon. She could be redeemed if she ever appeared again.

Didn't Ursula evolve two Eevee during a Contest?

SerenaRulez

I've also thought for years The Ghost at Maiden's Peak might've been inspired by the undefeatable ghosts in the Pokémon Tower.

I never thought of it like that but you might be right that the writer of that episode was inspired by the ghost possession Pokemon Tower plot from the games.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I never thought of it like that but you might be right that the writer of that episode was inspired by the ghost possession Pokemon Tower plot from the games.
More like late 70s-80s exoicst film with humor add in lol

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:

Maybe partially, but I think the plot of EP020 was mostly original in the sense that it was probably conceived from ghost story cliches rather than the Pokemon Tower subplot. Because other than Ghos being involved and Takeshi and Kojirou being manipulated by it, nothing really seemed the same.

Redstar45

Maybe partially, but I think the plot of EP020 was mostly original in the sense that it was probably conceived from ghost story cliches rather than the Pokemon Tower subplot. Because other than Ghos being involved and Takeshi and Kojirou being manipulated by it, nothing really seemed the same.
I wonder takeshi base off the event of 80s horror movie ?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
As much as Iris is my favorite: they really dropped the ball with her team. I’m not one of those people who hated the fact she had Emolga and Excadrill (it’s better than the alternative which was having a hoard of X type with no personalities sorry Misty). Neither do I care about her having no Gen 5 Pokémon. I just wish she had more Dragon Pokémon period. Sadly she also started an ugly streak of Pokegirls no longer having full teams and it just got more worse.

RafaSceptile

They've never shown an on-screen Stone evolution that the trainer does on its Pokémon on purpose. Even though Lillie got an Ice Stone, she never used it. Clemont does mention in the Geosenge Town episode that he used a Thunder Stone on his Helioptile in the past (obviously) but it was never shown on-screen. The two Stone evolutions we've had, Lombre into Ludicolo and Poliwhirl into Politoed, both happened by accident. I think the writers don't want to show a Stone evolution on screen that the trainer decides to do, because it might come across as the trainer forcing the Pokémon to evolve. In fact, I bet if Lillie does ever appear again, she'll already have Ninetales. They wouldn't dare ever show her deciding to force Snowy to evolve. Prob the same reason Sandy never evolved either. It feels like an unwritten rule in the anime that they'll never have a trainer decide to do that tbh. If it ever does happen, I bet it'll be the plot of an entire episode, showing the trainer and Pokémon agonizingly keeping on changing their minds back and forth until finally deciding to do it, and act like it's some dramatic tough decision.

Why the **** do you hold a grudge against a Pokémon whose fault it's not? It's shitty writing dude, not a shitty Pokémon. She could be redeemed if she ever appeared again.

Wthe writers responded with
Goh's Exeggutor (Kanto Form)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Serzooka

Me @ the world right now....
It's been a while since I watched Sun/Moon anime but did Kahili ever get some development/backstory in the anime? She had little in the games and I hope they at least tried to flesh her out in the anime.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Tbf, at least in the games she is a mandatory character because she is an E4 member, but in the anime you can skip her focused episode because nothing relevant happened
I mean just because she's an E4 does nothing for me. She was easy to beat, she came out of nowhere and had no plot. She was inconsequential as elite 4 members usually are, which is why I'm glad galar got rid of them. Atleast the anime gave her some personality

Redstar45

I mean just because she's an E4 does nothing for me. She was easy to beat, she came out of nowhere and had no plot. She was inconsequential as elite 4 members usually are, which is why I'm glad galar got rid of them. Atleast the anime gave her some personality
Nah just make em consequently to the game plot and anime as Pokemon special houen arc did great job on that

Status
Not open for further replies.